PDA

View Full Version : it needs to be more like ac1

alexgrimaudo_94
11-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I think ac1 was so cool. It had a huge amount of stealth and secrecy, but the last two installments did not. I mean, you can literally scale a building right in front of a guard and the guard will not care for anything, unless your notorious or in a restricted area. But I think guards should get suspicious if you are scaling a building even if you aren't notorious or in a restricted area, making the game more realistic. Also, in ac1, you had to talk with multiple informants or beat up people to get information about your targets before you could strike. It added a sense of reality and seriousnes as well as secrecy to the game. I also liked how you had to plan your attack with the maps of the guards' routes along the rooftops and streets.

XVinny84X
11-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Good points from AC that are missing in next installments. I think what would be best is to add these to already cast amount of options and side mission in AC2 and Brotherhood. Don't take out the good, just keep adding, so ther eis more variety. I also loved planning every major mission for example, but have already forgotten aboutbeating up others;-)

alexgrimaudo_94
11-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by XVinny84X:
Good points from AC that are missing in next installments. I think what would be best is to add these to already cast amount of options and side mission in AC2 and Brotherhood. Don't take out the good, just keep adding, so ther eis more variety. I also loved planning every major mission for example, but have already forgotten aboutbeating up others;-)

I can agree with that. I think they should leave everything that they have right now, like the assassins, but just change the game to the players' recomendations. I definetly loved interrogating guards or talking with informants in ac1, and planning your attack from there. It added a sense of awesome stealth and seriousness. It made it feel more......i don't know......real.

Colossus_1191
11-24-2010, 01:33 PM
The mission structure is much better in II and Brotherhood, but I do agree they should have added more depth/realism to it.

Sparty2020
11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Yea, lets have guards just randomly murder everyone who climbs building for no reason. Why? Because it is unrealistic! It's common fact that police officers shoot down everyone who climbs buildings.

^ Sarcasm. Why should guards kill people for doing something like scaling a wall? This reminds me of the people who complained in AC 2 because the guards didn't randomly kill you for walking down the street. Besides, the archers on the roof still shoot you down if you don't get down when they give you a warning.

As for beat-ups, we have those now. Except this time we actually beat people up for important information, such as where they are keeping the blueprints for a tank instead of assaulting people in hopes that they know how many times the main target uses the restroom. Surprisingly enough, 97% of the time they did...

Finally, about the informants, we do this in ACB. The informants are called La Volpe, Bartolomeo d'Alviano, and Claudia Auditore. Remember that in AC1 you were demoted to the rank of a novice and had to acquire all the information yourself. In ACB you are a Master Assassin from the get-go and leave the grunt work to your contemporaries and their underlings. Besides, how realistic is it that you are on an assignment that could affect the very fate of humanity and your apprentice won't give you information because he wants you to beat him in a race?

alexgrimaudo_94
11-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Yea, lets have guards just randomly murder everyone who climbs building for no reason. Why? Because it is unrealistic! It's common fact that police officers shoot down everyone who climbs buildings.

who the **** said that i wanted guards to immediately kill the player? I am suggesting that guards immediately throw rocks at you, trying to get you down. You think a police officer would merely watch you climb up the side of a building without trying to get you down? No, they would attempt to get you down instead of letting you climb to the top of a roof. Your application of sarcasm while putting words in one's mouth shows how much of an imbecil you are. And I ALSO didn't say that guards should immediately kill you in the street. What would a modern police officer do if they saw a man that matched the description perfectly of a local serial killer? They would stop him. So why should guards in this game allow a person that is obviously an assassin with his white clothes, cape, and armor pass without becoming suspicious? Please consider your dumb remarks that have no substance before posting them next time.

Jack-Reacher
11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Its not that climbing around is the crime, its the fact that it gives you away and they realise you are the assassin they are on the lookout for

alexgrimaudo_94
11-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Its not that climbing around is the crime, its the fact that it gives you away and they realise you are the assassin they are on the lookout for

that is exactly what i am saying. we shouldn't be allowed to simple jump up a building and scale the windows without being spotted and recognized as the assassin by the guards. Assassins creed is about not drawing attention to one's self, and the fact that ubisoft allows players to scale walls without being noticed is hipocritical. If they added fewer guards, but made it so that you would be recognized in the street by the few guards that are present if you are not blended in with the crowd, then the game would be improved.

ExprtAssassin
11-24-2010, 11:18 PM
I do love how non-repetitive AC2 and ACB are, but I miss the major planning for a big Assassination that there used to be. Now its like the assassins talk a minute about it, and then all of a sudden you kill the guy, and there is no conversation with the victim.

So in other words, I really like the diversity, but miss the careful planning out of the assassination.

AubreyWilborn
11-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by alexgrimaudo_94:
I think ac1 was so cool. It had a huge amount of stealth and secrecy, but the last two installments did not. I mean, you can literally scale a building right in front of a guard and the guard will not care for anything, unless your notorious or in a restricted area. But I think guards should get suspicious if you are scaling a building even if you aren't notorious or in a restricted area, making the game more realistic. Also, in ac1, you had to talk with multiple informants or beat up people to get information about your targets before you could strike. It added a sense of reality and seriousnes as well as secrecy to the game. I also liked how you had to plan your attack with the maps of the guards' routes along the rooftops and streets.

Lol-Ubisoft SPECIFICALLY removed all of the things you mentioned: mission planning, informer missions, etc., because so many gamers complained that such missions were BORING and REPETITIVE. So they strove to make AC2 and Brotherhood more "action packed", and less about mission planning.

Man, I really feel bad for Ubisoft in this regard. Give us gamers a bunch of stealth and mission planning, and we say it's boring. Give us a bunch of action and killing, and we say it's "too easy".

Alot of gamers can't make up their minds, and Ubisoft can't win either way!

Sparty2020
11-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by alexgrimaudo_94:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:

who the **** said that i wanted guards to immediately kill the player? I am suggesting that guards immediately throw rocks at you, trying to get you down. You think a police officer would merely watch you climb up the side of a building without trying to get you down? No, they would attempt to get you down instead of letting you climb to the top of a roof. Your application of sarcasm while putting words in one's mouth shows how much of an imbecil you are. And I ALSO didn't say that guards should immediately kill you in the street. What would a modern police officer do if they saw a man that matched the description perfectly of a local serial killer? They would stop him. So why should guards in this game allow a person that is obviously an assassin with his white clothes, cape, and armor pass without becoming suspicious? Please consider your dumb remarks that have no substance before posting them next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Kid, what's wrong with you? It was a a sarcastic joke. Is this the first time you have ever heard a joke before? In either case, to address your points:

No you never said the guards will kill you but what do you think will happen when they throw stones at somebody who is 3+ stories up? We miraculously land in a bale of hay? And a modern police officer would get suspicious and attempt to coerce you to get down or ignore you completely, just like guards do in this game:

Guard 1: "Isn't that illegal?"
Guard 2: "Not my problem..."

I'm sure you've head those quotes before. And your use of ad hominem also accurately shows your immaturity. You need to calm down and relax.

As for your last comment about guards attacking on the streets, I didn't say that was about you. I never even implied it was about you. You need to reread that, I obviously said that you comment reminded me about those people. Relax, calm down, and don't get heated up so much because somebody disagrees with you. It makes you look rather pathetic.