PDA

View Full Version : Carve a hole for a door

Smicke
10-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Okay, me and a friend are working on a project at school, the project is making a SCCT map.

We have started up a little bit but now we have got in to trouble. I have seeked the forums after a answer to this question but can't really find a good one! So plz don't tell me to seek again.

We need to know how to carve a hole for a door, excatly what you got to do?

We also wonder how to put 2 rooms together with a wall between? Cause when we did it now it only becames a big hole where a wall should be.
Please help us.

Smicke
10-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Okay, me and a friend are working on a project at school, the project is making a SCCT map.

We have started up a little bit but now we have got in to trouble. I have seeked the forums after a answer to this question but can't really find a good one! So plz don't tell me to seek again.

We need to know how to carve a hole for a door, excatly what you got to do?

We also wonder how to put 2 rooms together with a wall between? Cause when we did it now it only becames a big hole where a wall should be.
Please help us.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF
10-17-2005, 06:24 AM
use the red brush as you used making the room but change the sizes so it looks like a door or passage way

Red_SoN
10-17-2005, 09:57 AM
u ever touched a tutorial? because, if i understood you right, youre trying to ADD rooms and SUBSTRACT walls. thats absolutely wrong. u gotta be aware of one thing: the world, as u begin from the scratch, is just a solid cube. every room has to be substracted from the cube, like digging holes into it.

u better start off with a beginners guide. i recommend this one (its the one i learned the basics with some years ago)
http://www.planetunreal.com/architectonic/tutorials/first_level_part1.html

keep in mind this stuff was made for unreal tournament, so be smart enough to leave out the parts u cant use in scct.

after that, check the scct-relating tutorials on the DVD. if theres anything described differently, the the scct tutos got higher priority. read them carefully so that u dont leave anything out, otherwise fixing the map will be hard wor (especially keep the added brushes in mind)

snakeblitz33
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
red_son , i dont wanna start a friggin argument out of this , but if you SUBTRACT a WORLD CUBE then ADD a BUILDING , theres nothing wrong with subtracting ("carving" as you say it ) rooms from the building . i know it says add brushes = lag but on a simple map ( or even a complex one if you are good at optimization ) there will be no problems at all .

Smicke
10-18-2005, 01:47 AM
I've read many tutorials but didn't fins a answer for my question anywhere. But Wh1tE_Dw4rF answer helped me alot so now we can go on with the map. Thank you!

Red_Son: I've looked at that tutorial all rdy it's very good. And I don't think you understood me right, even a little bit.