PDA

View Full Version : RE: custom loadout

DominusPrinceps
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Everyone knows that there are three loadout options: Redding's rec, stealth, and assault. wouldn't it be cool to have a custom loadout option? ie: at the custom loadout screen you get so many points, and everything costs points, like flashbangs cost 50pts, sticky shockers 15pts each, airfoil rounds 10pts, 5.56 clips 25pts, sniper attachment 100pts, foregrip 70pts, etc. etc. you could pick out whatever you wanted, but the flipside is, you cannot get as much total "stuff" as you would normally get. you could even do it with no gun at all, and just have a crapload of smoke/flash grenades. or, no bullets, but lots of sticky shockers. or get lotsa sticky cams (my personal favorite gadget, even though i never use them) and set up a wireless surveillance network throughout the whole level. or go in sharpshooter style, with only the foregrip and sniper attachments and ammo for each. IMO this would add a lot of replay value to the single player missions. obviously there would still be some limits, like maximum 2 SC-20K attachments, but it would be really fun once you have already done everything, of course the ultimate challenge, although you can technically do this anyway, would be to complete the missions with absolutely nothing, not even the awesomely useful OCP pistol.

DominusPrinceps
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Everyone knows that there are three loadout options: Redding's rec, stealth, and assault. wouldn't it be cool to have a custom loadout option? ie: at the custom loadout screen you get so many points, and everything costs points, like flashbangs cost 50pts, sticky shockers 15pts each, airfoil rounds 10pts, 5.56 clips 25pts, sniper attachment 100pts, foregrip 70pts, etc. etc. you could pick out whatever you wanted, but the flipside is, you cannot get as much total "stuff" as you would normally get. you could even do it with no gun at all, and just have a crapload of smoke/flash grenades. or, no bullets, but lots of sticky shockers. or get lotsa sticky cams (my personal favorite gadget, even though i never use them) and set up a wireless surveillance network throughout the whole level. or go in sharpshooter style, with only the foregrip and sniper attachments and ammo for each. IMO this would add a lot of replay value to the single player missions. obviously there would still be some limits, like maximum 2 SC-20K attachments, but it would be really fun once you have already done everything, of course the ultimate challenge, although you can technically do this anyway, would be to complete the missions with absolutely nothing, not even the awesomely useful OCP pistol.

Pennywisdom1188
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Ya i was tihnking pretty much the same exact thing. You pretty much summed it up, i tihnk it would be a great addition to the next game.

rikakiah
06-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Second that. It wouldn't be too hard to implement. Although, I think it should be more of a weight system instead of points, but that's mere symantics. Also, if this were put into effect, it'd be nice to be able to just take the non-lethal launcher separate from the rifle (they do make them like this in real life). That would cut down on the weight (more space for other stuff) and change the game. I think going in with the pistol and a bunch of smoke grenades and sticky cams (simply to be able to switch from camera to camera to camera...) would be fun...

Epicurus_13
06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikakiah:
Second that. It wouldn't be too hard to implement. Although, I think it should be more of a weight system instead of points, but that's mere symantics. Also, if this were put into effect, it'd be nice to be able to just take the non-lethal launcher separate from the rifle (they do make them like this in real life). That would cut down on the weight (more space for other stuff) and change the game. I think going in with the pistol and a bunch of smoke grenades and sticky cams (simply to be able to switch from camera to camera to camera...) would be fun... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool idea re: separating the SC-20k from the launcher - all I ever use that hunk of junk for is sniping out distant lightbulbs anyway. Close combat it's ALWAYS my pistol that I use, if I fire a weapon at all. A weight-based custom loadout sounds good. On the other hand, and this is an argument that in my opinion cannot be overstated, ROBOTS!

ROBOTS EVERYWHERE! ROBOTS WILL RULE YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!

BiG_FaT_SpErM
06-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree that custom loadout would be great, just what i would want. The weight limitations is a very realistic way of doing it. I tihnk the seperating the launcher from the SC-20K is quite cool, also you should be able to seperate the OCP from the SC Pistol so it is sort of like the Camera Jammer from SC1

rikakiah
06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
"seperate the OCP from the SC Pistol so it is sort of like the Camera Jammer from SC1"

Or the reverse, add the option of the laser instead. I know I'm in the minority, but that laser sight was just cool.

Epicurus_13
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikakiah:
"seperate the OCP from the SC Pistol so it is sort of like the Camera Jammer from SC1"

Or the reverse, add the option of the laser instead. I know I'm in the minority, but that laser sight was just cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked the Laser too, do you think maybe it was removed for balance reasons? How annoying.

What I'd like to do is remove the OCP. I prefer to just shoot lights - It stressed me out to have to operate inside that fifteen second (or whatever it may be) window created by the OCP. Of course, I suspect that certain areas actually require the OCP, so I guess I can forget that.

Why don't we make a separate thread and post our dream loadouts if the equipment was fully customizable?

rikakiah
06-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, there's instances in each of the games where the game was specifically designed for using the special doodads. If the given doodad wasn't there, the level would've simply been made differently. As to the OCP, I think it made a LOT of the levels much too easy. Guards often didn't care too much about a light being OCP'd at first, whereas they'd go on instant alert if the light was shot out. I'm curious how realistic the device is as well (would be really interesting if it existed). It WAS very useful for the armored camera domes in some of the levels. However, I'm curious if a sticky shocker couldn't have been set to do a similar thing--I mean, it sends out a large electrical charge, probably enough to scram most any electronics for a time. It would also eliminate the abuse of being able to OCP every single light (you'd have to think more about what you wanted to do first). Of course, if that were the case, they'd have to increase the number of shockers carried, or simply create a new launchable that did this.

BUT, to get to the laser... I don't see how it would be a balance issue. It wasn't a dead-steady point like the vs P90's laser. It was dead accurate, but it wasn't Wyatt-Erp-fast by any means. I think it was just simply removed to be replaced by the OCP, which they felt was overall superior (could be read as "catering to the lowest common denominator"). Personally, I think they should've moved it to the secondary fire for the foregrip attatchment for the SC-20k...

Omega_224
06-02-2005, 10:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Epicurus_13:
Why don't we make a separate thread and post our dream loadouts if the equipment was fully customizable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, buddy, already done.

Epicurus_13
06-02-2005, 10:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Omega_224:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Epicurus_13:
Why don't we make a separate thread and post our dream loadouts if the equipment was fully customizable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, buddy, already done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darn! Who started it?

meeee? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Omega_224
06-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Just so no missunderstandings occur, if you were yourself being... sarcastic, I guess, then I'll end here.

But just in case you didn't catch it, I knew that you were the starter of that other thread. It was a cheap attempt at humor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Epicurus_13
06-02-2005, 10:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Omega_224:
Just so no missunderstandings occur, if you were yourself being... sarcastic, I guess, then I'll end here.

But just in case you didn't catch it, I knew that you were the starter of that other thread. It was a cheap attempt at humor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, I was too slow on this one - I should have known that you knew it was me. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Robots.

Omega_224
06-02-2005, 10:34 PM
*tips hat*

I find it amusing that there are two threads at the moment in which this is happening. Oh, well. Back on topic.

They should add a gadget to the launcher attachment. The frag grenade. It still baffles me that they haven't added this weapon in three games.

knifesamkill
06-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Good idea but why have points it's completely unrealistic since the gov't is paying for this and besides, that would only further complicait the game, and make it way to arcad like.

If you ask me all they need is an integral sight (max of 10x) on the SC-20k, (without sniper attachement necessary), red dot scope intergrated to the binoculars for better aiming with the pistol, more kill moves (even though they are already great) and cheatcodes i.e. ivincibility, infinite ammo.

BiG_FaT_SpErM
06-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Instead of a points system it should be maximum weight. The more stuff you have the more weight you have and you cant have too much or you will be too heavy. It could also be that the more weight you have the slower you run

DominusPrinceps
06-15-2005, 01:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knifesamkill:
Good idea but why have points it's completely unrealistic since the gov't is paying for this and besides, that would only further complicait the game, and make it way to arcad like.

If you ask me all they need is an integral sight (max of 10x) on the SC-20k, (without sniper attachement necessary), red dot scope intergrated to the binoculars for better aiming with the pistol, more kill moves (even though they are already great) and cheatcodes i.e. ivincibility, infinite ammo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course you are right, knifesamkill, what was I thinking? Why would anyone want to change up their equipment when they can just have invincibility and infinite ammo? I assume, along with ammo, you get infinite frags, flashbangs, cameras, shockers, etc.

That said, infinite life/ammo would be fun to do, but would get boring after a few games. Varied but still limited equipment would be a fun and refreshing way to play Single Player mode

On the subject of "weight" over "points," it makes more sense, but the points system makes some reason for choosing the presets over the custom loadout. Besides, while the points system focuses only on balance, the weight system requires at least a rudimentary amount of realism. Like, how much does an Airfoil round actually weigh? Also, if you say that stealth varies inversely as weight, consider that 10oz of sticky shockers would be easier so sneak around with than, say, 10oz worth of bullets. Points system keeps it much simpler and easier to integrate into the game.

rikakiah
06-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I think at this level, a point system or weight system would be merely symantics. Some realism would have to be suspended for a weight system to actually be fair and balanced, although not too much, as there is a reason why typical real loadouts don't let the operator carry EVERYTHING into a specific type of mission. It's more like, if a frag is 10 points, it weighs 10oz (basic premise--not accurate figures).

As to the rifle, I REALLY like how they changed it for CT--a set 1.5x scope is MUCH more realistic for that gun than previous releases. I think the EEV should have more zoom options, though (perhaps the special functions can't work at greater ranges, but Sam NEEDS some sort of binoculars just to recon gaurds and potential routes).

Yeah, cheats would be fun, but they tend to get boring. If they were to incorporate any cheats, it should be based on your stats upon completion of the game, not a code that can get passed around to everyone and their dog who hasn't gotten past the first level...

DominusPrinceps
06-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, cheats would be fun, but they tend to get boring. If they were to incorporate any cheats, it should be based on your stats upon completion of the game, not a code that can get passed around to everyone and their dog who hasn't gotten past the first level... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, and I think if they were going to implement cheats, it ought to be more than just standard "infinite health/ammo" stuff. Something like Rareware's cheats for Goldeneye (Tiny Enemies, tiny Sam, DK Mode, Fast/slow enemies, Enemy rocket launchers, etc.) Things that didn't necessarily make the game easier, just different.

Woah, nostalgia attack. Man, I loved that game.

rikakiah
06-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Heh...yeah, those were good games--Perfect Dark got me through college! Heck, they could have cheats for when you complete each level on 100%, etc... (but only available once you've completely completed the game).

sam_fisher091
06-17-2005, 09:09 PM
this is off topic, but i want the chemical flares back from PT and SC1.