PDA

View Full Version : Headsets & speakers

bubba4386
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
is there a way that you can have sound effects come out of the speakers and dialoge come out of the headset? I'm thinking of getting a haedset for use with VAC . I still would like to use my speakers for surround/bass , but would like speach to come out of the headset.

bubba4386
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
is there a way that you can have sound effects come out of the speakers and dialoge come out of the headset? I'm thinking of getting a haedset for use with VAC . I still would like to use my speakers for surround/bass , but would like speach to come out of the headset.

Hunter82
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
You can use a USB style headphone/mic for coms then your sound card for actual game sound. I personally do not like USB headphones as they have their own apu which generally sound like garbage but are good for coms. TS (Teamspeak) and most other com programs (ventrillo,etc)will allow sound card selection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bubba4386:
is there a way that you can have sound effects come out of the speakers and dialoge come out of the headset? I'm thinking of getting a haedset for use with VAC . I still would like to use my speakers for surround/bass , but would like speach to come out of the headset. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearcat99
05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
What Hunter said. I use a USB headset and it works great. Comms through the het... sim through the speakers... works for me.