PDA

View Full Version : Yamamoto in my sites...but...

clp73
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
So early 1942 and I have come accross a task force with a Yamamoto BB right in my sites. I have 9 torps left and have put all 9 torps in the BB and have not sunk it. Any tips? I have tried to put torps into the magazines after she has stoped with 4-5 torps. Torps are set for 30-35ft draft. 1.4/ no TMO yet btw...

Thanks...

RavenKL24
06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
it took me 12 torps to sink her in that mission where shes docked in the harber. the "last targets" mission i think, 12 took her down, 9 will only slow her down.. dont deck gun her, she'll sink you.. she'll sink ya for realz

MWolfe1963
06-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Your probably out of luck. I haven't played stock in a long time, but remember it taking about 9-10 torps.

I do know in TMO you can't sink any capital ship with the deckgun, can't recall what stock allows.

If you have enough damage, get far away to where it can't see you, usually 6000 yards, but far and let er rip. With stock the deck gun may finish off a capital ship with damage. I know you can sink a heavy CA with the deckgun if it's damaged previously by torps.

Starforce3
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I usualy set a few torpedo higher. 2-3 keel, some higher so it spreads damage through different deck levels. If it lists, putting one as shallow as it will go and letting it hit the deck often sets off things on the deck.

WernherVonTrapp
06-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I've never even had a clear shot at the Yamato yet but, you have to set your torps deep enough to get under the ship's torpedo blister. I usually set them for about 3 feet above keel.

WEBSTER63
06-28-2009, 11:18 AM
another tip is timing, if you wait to see the results your torpedo makes the ship seems to absorb more damage then if you unload all your torps at once.

i dont really know if the game is trying to simulate damage repair or not but i do know you get more damage from 2 torps hitting seconds apart then you do when they are hitting the ship spaced out at a minute or two apart.

so you can sink the yamato with 8-9 torps IF they all hit the hull in rapid succession only seconds apart, but if you have gaps of a few here then a few more then a couple more, it can take 12 torps to sink her.

tuddley3
06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
One thing is missing from your thread clp73...

Screenshots http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

bubblehead1980
07-02-2009, 09:17 AM
aim torpedos to hit under and between turrets at about 25 feet, sets that big boy off in a nice fashion

Capt.Thomsen
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by RavenKL24:
it took me 12 torps to sink her in that mission where shes docked in the harber. the "last targets" mission i think, 12 took her down, 9 will only slow her down.. dont deck gun her, she'll sink you.. she'll sink ya for realz
I managed to bring her down in that mission with 6 torps before. Been a while since I played it, but I think I just had them evenly spaced and set slightly above the keel.