PDA

View Full Version : Ladder/League War League Gaming has reopened

WLG_Apache
02-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Greetings,

Back in March of 2005, War League Gaming (http://www.warleaguegaming.net) opened in anticipation to the release of Ghost Recon 2. We planned on supporting GR2 and nothing else - a one game ladder, but after the news of cancellation, we decided to give the original Ghost Recon a try. For about 10 weeks we had an active ladder, but quickly saw a loss of interest in GR with the release of the Battlefield 2 demo. So in June we closed down, with intentions to reopen again for the then recently announced Ghost Recon 3.

With the official release date of <STRIKE>March 30th</STRIKE> May 5th, we have reopened WLG for player and team registrations.

So why WLG and not one of the other Ladders/Leagues that will indefinately support GRAW?

Well for one, WLG will support only 1 game, and on only 1 platform, the PC. We will not support xbox, 360, or ps2. We will not support any other game, just GRAW and its expansions, and any Ghost Recon series PC game released after that.

Secondly, I'd like to say that our admins are all hand picked and chosen based on experience, history, age, and professionalism. Our admins are held to a higher standard than the players because they represent our network. They are both to enforce the rules and are also subject to them. No admin is at any time above the rules at WLG. You won't find any admins flaming players or using profane language at WLG, it is not tolerated. We also have an adult-only age requirement for Admins, this ensures that kids are never running the show.

Thirdly, I'd like to say that WLG has and will maintain a Zero-Tolerance cheating policy. That means that no matter who you are, if you cheat, you're banned forever. Cheaters ruin the game and anyone with enough audacity to play this game dishonestly can join the ban list. Also, players who have been legitamately banned from another reputable ladder for cheating will be automatically banned from WLG. We will not be the cheater dump, where cheaters who are banned from TCZ, TAG, or TWL jump over to WLG. Sorry, we don't want you here if you cheat.

Lastly, since WLG is a one-game, one-platform competition site, we will have the most variety of ladders and league play of any other gaming network out there including 1v1, 2v2, Team Timed, Team Untimed, Multi Teamplay, Tournaments, the War League, and more. But we will need your help to get the ball rolling. So I'd like to invite you all to join War League Gaming (http://www.warleaguegaming.net), the place for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC.

WLG|Apache
Competition Manager
War League Gaming
http://www.warleaguegaming.net
Email: apache@warleaguegaming.net

Druac
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Interesting...just signed up...willing to check it out for sure. I have had experience in being an admin on a couple ladders before, and I like the idea of having one ladder for one game and the idea of having adults only as admin.

Druac
02-21-2006, 11:44 AM
oh...quick question:

I'm assuming you will, but will you have a ladder that has the following?

Respawn: OFF
TK: ON
Classes: OFF

WLG_Apache
02-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Yes, most of the ladders and leagues will hold to the most realistic gameplay available for GRAW and that includes TKs. If there are any respawns or other non-realistic settings, they will be for specific non-realism ladder(s).

Druac
02-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by WLG_Apache:
Yes, most of the ladders and leagues will hold to the most realistic gameplay available for GRAW and that includes TKs. If there are any respawns or other non-realistic settings, they will be for specific non-realism ladder(s).

Sweet...glad to hear that...by the way, I am Uncle_Buck in the game and on your site. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, not sure if I knew any of you from the good ol' days, but I was TheKid{RCU} back in the day, did admin duty on both The Rumble and Fragpin, also wrote the code behind those two ladders...missing the old days but not missing admin duty! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Zerolito
02-21-2006, 07:10 PM
players who have been legitamately banned from another reputable ladder for cheating will be automatically banned from WLG.

I like that u dont wanna let the cheaters in, but are you gonna look into if that player where banned for a good reason or are you just gonna look at other leagues/ladders "ban lists?"

Are you also gonna look up every player that joins the league??

what if they change nicks???

would like to here what you gonna do about that!! if you got good answers, I might get our clan interested in joining your league!!

when it comes to rank system... you gonna have like tag/igs etc.. where you can lose 500 matches and still be number 1.. or you gonna have like CL had???

AIF_BUSHRANG3R
02-21-2006, 11:23 PM
cl / dnl scorinjg system would be best as you have to win to get any where on the ladder not just play the most matches .. Anywayz my clan will be checking the WLG out ....

WLG_Apache
02-22-2006, 08:48 AM
I like that u dont wanna let the cheaters in, but are you gonna look into if that player where banned for a good reason or are you just gonna look at other leagues/ladders "ban lists?"

If a member of WLG is banned from another ladder for cheating, we will request any evidence they have, it will be reviewed by our support team, and if the evidence is there, then the player will also be banned from WLG. We will never just take another ladder's word for it concerning someone caught cheating. Innocent until proven guilty, and if they're guilty, we want to see the evidence.

We may inquire from another ladder from time to time to see whether or not someone we believe to be cheating was ever banned from their site, but we will not actively search other ladders banned lists. We have no way of telling why they were banned, so banning someone just because they were banned somewhere else, would be rediculous.

Are you also gonna look up every player that joins the league??

No. That would be a full time job for someone, and unfortunately, our admins are volunteers, they don't get paid to work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

what if they change nicks???

Our site bans by IP address, so even if the cheater changed their alias, they won't be able to rejoin the ladder under a new name. We also will verify that IP addresses match if possible, I'm not sure whether GRAW will require account names like BF2, or will allow anyone to call themselves anything like GR. If it's like GR, a cheater can call themself WLG|Apache and run cheats in someone's server, but the IP wouldn't match up. So cheaters will be associated by their IP's more so than their nickname.

would like to here what you gonna do about that!! if you got good answers, I might get our clan interested in joining your league!!

I hope those answers were to your liking. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

when it comes to rank system... you gonna have like tag/igs etc.. where you can lose 500 matches and still be number 1.. or you gonna have like CL had???

The ladder and league systems will run differently. The ladders for one, will auto drop your rank if you allow yourself to be inactive for a set period of days. To stay at the top of a ladder, you will have to keep winning and keep matching. You might have 500 losses in time, but if you don't have more wins than losses, then you obviously won't be on top of the ladder. If you've been challenged and lose, the winner takes your spot. If you play a pick up match, and lose, the winner may or may not take your spot, but he will move up. The system is not point based (points for playing) it is win based, losing will get you no where but to the bottom.

The league on the other hand is a little different. It's based on win %. The top so many teams in each division will go to the playoffs where they will match to eventually earn the right to match in the championship. Think of it like the NFL.

Hope you give it a shot. I think you'll like it.

WLG|Apache

pd.RaMBo
02-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by AIF_BUSHRANG3R:
cl / dnl scorinjg system would be best as you have to win to get any where on the ladder not just play the most matches .. Anywayz my clan will be checking the WLG out ....

woot woot! Still have my DNL scripts and host!!

anyway, sup Apache? remmeber me?

WLG_Apache
02-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Hey Rambo, how you been doing. That admin spot is still yours if you want it.

pd.RaMBo
02-22-2006, 12:12 PM
hehe. I've been real busy man. Went in with a few old school gr buddies and came up with www.HTGN.net (http://www.HTGN.net) come help us out. We've got a big stash of prizes we're waiting to give away.

.eNDo.
02-22-2006, 02:54 PM
TCZ owns both http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

pd.RaMBo
02-22-2006, 10:37 PM
TCZ ws a camp fest. The rules and teams were aweful.

CDNzulater
02-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by pd.RaMBo:
Awful.
Care to elaborate as TCZ is basically the only ladder still carrying on GR competition and we have matches going on daily.
you don't happen to be "johnnyrambo" eh?

AIF_BUSHRANG3R
02-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by CDNzulater:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pd.RaMBo:
Awful.
Care to elaborate as TCZ is basically the only ladder still carrying on GR competition and we have matches going on daily.
you don't happen to be "johnnyrambo" eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
TaG still runs GR and tourney's as well....

Rambo does HTGN run a DNL style matches at all ??

MIN_Soul
02-23-2006, 02:38 AM
I have a question for you Apache.

Are you the Apache former ClanLadder admin from Rainbow Six back on the Zone?

redmonster85
02-23-2006, 06:15 AM
is this the same war league that was open mmmmmm end of 02 early 04? cause i rember trying to play on it then but hardly anyone went to iy (Ths i knew of) it was all igs (mm wonder if the igs is still up)

WLG_Apache
02-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Soul, no I am not. I'm the old mapache from back in the early days of UBI, before anyone knew about ASE.

Redmonster, no it is not. We didn't open till Spring 05.

WLG_Apache
02-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Zulator, Rambo isn't the former Johnny Rambo of TAG. Johnny Rambo changed his name to SoK-Dart, and I believe he just goes by SoK-John now.

.eNDo.
02-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by pd.RaMBo:

and HYDA was bgs whats your point

BSR_RuGGBuTT
02-23-2006, 04:47 PM
For someone that's old school you'd think that there'd be an account in your name newer than a year old.

I'd like to know who you really are.

Edited by rugg: NM, I know who you are. I always wonder why some people change their names after becoming well known in the community. Now I know why. I won't embarass Apache by revealing his more commonly known name.

What you might want to point out "Apache" is the situation with Striker BoB on the previous ladder you admined on.

pd.RaMBo
02-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by .eNDo.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pd.RaMBo:

and HYDA was bgs whats your point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bgz how?

we played there for a few weeks and could stand the rules. I use the term "aweful" because every game we won, we were accused, simply because of the fact we were new the the ladder, and the rules required little to no skill to be successful on that ladder.

and yes Ranger, we'll open a ladder style on HTGN. With rungs rather than pts. We'll also keep with the popular points/league style as another option. BOTH will offer cash/gear for prizes.

btw, nice to see you again! how you silly aussies are doing well.

AIF_BUSHRANG3R
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
lol rambo h4xor lol jokin' yeah been good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifguess we'll prob join your ladder then or lizards lol ( i kno its the same ladder b4 u say anythin hehehe) hopefully ti on hehehehe ohhh yeah and us aussies are doin well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

WLG_Apache
02-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Ruggbutt,

I think you have me confused with someone else.

By the way, my "oldschool" UBI account name is "Mapache".

WLG_Apache
04-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Just a reminder to everyone. With hopes that GRAW will release in 4 weeks, I invite all of you (that play an honest game) to come try out our site.

We are also now accepting applications for Ladder Supervisors.

With your help, we will make WLG the best place for realistic, clean, GRAW matching.

Thanks.

Apache
Competition Directory
War League Gaming
http://www.warleaguegaming.net

ezu1
04-05-2006, 08:01 AM
No CO-OP tournaments?

WLG_Apache
04-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Yes, we will have COOP tournaments eventually, but probably not at launch.

claybillings
04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
This sounds like an awesome idea and I will definately join. A one game Ladder will really give it some much needed attention unlike other ladders, thanks a lot.

ezu1
04-05-2006, 08:13 AM
ok great

WLG_Apache
04-07-2006, 12:43 AM
np

WLG_Apache
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif