PDA

View Full Version : A message to freeradicals/ubi

D-NICE_556
05-31-2007, 06:51 AM
I understand that you guys built the game on ps3 dev tools,but please under no circumstances deny us 360 owners the chance to own this game.i have owned all the timesplitters games (first one on ps2 second and third one on xbox) and i still love a certain bond licenced game you guys worked on many years ago (i crafted my conole FPS skills on that one!).I would like to continue owning your games on my chosen machine (the X360) so that way when haze come`s out i can own people on it ,the same way i used to own my freinds on TS3.so while i understand it may get a timed exlusive release window on ps3. I`d like to be able to buy it for my 360 before christmas as i have no intention of buying a ps3(i jus bought my first flat and a new hdtv,so along with my 360, im happy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif!)thx!This game is gonna look look crazy on my tv and on xbox live to boot ...aawww man!...How many people can play online on this anyways? id love to see 16 vs 16....

D-NICE_556
05-31-2007, 06:51 AM
I understand that you guys built the game on ps3 dev tools,but please under no circumstances deny us 360 owners the chance to own this game.i have owned all the timesplitters games (first one on ps2 second and third one on xbox) and i still love a certain bond licenced game you guys worked on many years ago (i crafted my conole FPS skills on that one!).I would like to continue owning your games on my chosen machine (the X360) so that way when haze come`s out i can own people on it ,the same way i used to own my freinds on TS3.so while i understand it may get a timed exlusive release window on ps3. I`d like to be able to buy it for my 360 before christmas as i have no intention of buying a ps3(i jus bought my first flat and a new hdtv,so along with my 360, im happy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif!)thx!This game is gonna look look crazy on my tv and on xbox live to boot ...aawww man!...How many people can play online on this anyways? id love to see 16 vs 16....

UbiRazz
05-31-2007, 06:54 AM
We have not announced exclusivity to any platform.

D-NICE_556
05-31-2007, 07:03 AM
I forgot to add....you could always put a online multiplayer demo on xbl marketplace during the ps3 "exlusivity window" to keep us happy for a little while......pretty please!? its not like i got anything against ps3....but i really want this game! dont forget the 4 player splitscreen too.

D-NICE_556
05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
sorry. you responded before i could add thanks for the update ....looks like i may be playin it before xmas after all!... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif!

BuddyFlashheart
05-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Meh, just get a PS3. It will be virtually irresistible before Christmas anyway. It's an all-console generation, might as well roll with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

TerranUp16
05-31-2007, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BuddyFlashheart:
Meh, just get a PS3. It will be virtually irresistible before Christmas anyway. It's an all-console generation, might as well roll with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doesn't work for us PC owners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DarkDragon00e
06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TerranUp16:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BuddyFlashheart:
Meh, just get a PS3. It will be virtually irresistible before Christmas anyway. It's an all-console generation, might as well roll with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doesn't work for us PC owners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does if u also have a ps3 =D

Walshicus
06-03-2007, 08:06 PM

Sweet mother of Artemis man, don't even joke about that. Would you really want it on your conscience is someone went out and wasted £425 of their money on one?

Anyway UbiRazz; You may not have announced exclusivity for any platform, true. But you've not denied it. Repeating that seems pointless when you could just come out and say "this game will be released on all three platforms within a short period of time" or "we want this game to flop and it's coming to PS3 only for six months".

If we asked Rockstar to confirm a wild rumour that GTAIV was 360 only, they'd snap back a response pretty soonish because it wasn't true. So why don't you guys put the rumour to rest or just confirm it already? Money hats? Negotiating a better deal from the manufacturers?

TerranUp16
06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkDragon00e:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TerranUp16:
Doesn't work for us PC owners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does if u also have a ps3 =D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, my PC owns the PS3- and the 360 for that matter. By Xmas, it will own both even more so.

deded999
06-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Meh, my PC owns the PS3- and the 360 for that matter. By Xmas, it will own both even more so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may very well be true, but despite that, not having any consoles and just sticking with PC only will mean you miss a hell of a lot of great games that simply will not come to PC. Obviously you're quite alright about that, good for you, but that's what Buddyflashheart is getting at: all the systems this generation will be producing plenty of must-have games, and if it's possible for you to own all the systems then that way you get to play them all and not miss out on some incredible experiences. And that's got very little to do with what resolution you play at or how many polygons each system can potentially throw at the screen. Doubtless the PC owns the Wii ten, a hundred times over, but the Wii can still do plenty of things and have plenty of games that the PC will never have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sweet mother of Artemis man, don't even joke about that. Would you really want it on your conscience is someone went out and wasted £425 of their money on one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Anyone who buys anything does it on their own conscience, I don't see how someone else can be blamed. And a waste? Well that's a personal view, but even if the PS3 fails to produce the number of great games it surely can, it will still be worth that money if it only produces the games that have already been announced for it.

As for Haze, even if it only appeared on PS3, that would not make it a flop - firstly the fact that it would be exclusive would mean that more PS3 owners would end up buying it, secondly Resistance is the nearest equivalent on the system and that broke the million barrier a while back - any game that sells a million or more could hardly be considered a flop, and I see no reason why Haze would be any different, should it be exclusive. Which it won't be anyway, so quit worrying about it.

Oh, and you may have noticed that most third-party publishers have got pretty coy about exclusives, platforms and release dates this gen - it isn't just Ubisoft.

frd_neko
06-04-2007, 04:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walshicus:
Anyway UbiRazz; You may not have announced exclusivity for any platform, true. But you've not denied it. Repeating that seems pointless when you could just come out and say "this game will be released on all three platforms within a short period of time" or "we want this game to flop and it's coming to PS3 only for six months". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UbiRazz, just like myself, has said all he can say on the issue. I appreciate you guys are frustrated about this but we're simply not in a position to be able to clarify the points you're asking about. Please don't vilify us for this as we're only doing our jobs!

My advice would be to simply wait for an official announcement on platforms and release dates. It's annoying, I know, but I'm afraid further questions on here will not draw any more useful response until then.

Neko.

Walshicus
06-04-2007, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frd_neko:
UbiRazz, just like myself, has said all he can say on the issue. I appreciate you guys are frustrated about this but we're simply not in a position to be able to clarify the points you're asking about. Please don't vilify us for this as we're only doing our jobs!

My advice would be to simply wait for an official announcement on platforms and release dates. It's annoying, I know, but I'm afraid further questions on here will not draw any more useful response until then.

Neko. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, you're right it's silly of me to get annoyed at you lads doing your job and respecting NDAs and so forth. I reserve the right to punch a kitten though, should said announcement on release dates be... unsatisfactory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

UbiRazz
06-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Neko is Japanese for cat (and my own cat's name, radomly) so you may well want to punch a puppy instead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Walshicus
06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UbiRazz:
Neko is Japanese for cat (and my own cat's name, radomly) so you may well want to punch a puppy instead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it fulfills the criteria of being furry, small and cute I'm non-plussed.

TerranUp16
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deded999:
Meh, my PC owns the PS3- and the 360 for that matter. By Xmas, it will own both even more so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may very well be true, but despite that, not having any consoles and just sticking with PC only will mean you miss a hell of a lot of great games that simply will not come to PC. Obviously you're quite alright about that, good for you, but that's what Buddyflashheart is getting at: all the systems this generation will be producing plenty of must-have games, and if it's possible for you to own all the systems then that way you get to play them all and not miss out on some incredible experiences. And that's got very little to do with what resolution you play at or how many polygons each system can potentially throw at the screen. Doubtless the PC owns the Wii ten, a hundred times over, but the Wii can still do plenty of things and have plenty of games that the PC will never have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I don't count a game's fun factor based on poly counts- as you've already noted, I bought a Wii. Anyway, my major gaming focus generally ensconces strategy and FPS games- both areas the PC excels at. In terms of FPS games, the PC is getting flooded with good ones this year- and as far as strategy games, the second installment of the episodic Company of Heroes (Opposing Fronts) is coming out in December. The PC, in this current generation, has begun attracting a larger variety of games once again. The key here is that it now seems to be pushing back into the arena of sports games- Virtua Tennis 3 on the PC? Never would have happened 2-3 years ago. This is partially thanks to Microsoft's latest push with Games for Windows and their standardization of the 360 controller (because the mouse and keyboard don't work for everything- but then again nor do game controllers). However, as I've previously noted, the PC is gaining strength once again because there are a lot of people unsatisfied with the current generation of consoles.

For every "great" console game I'm missing out on (and really, I could care less about Halo, so that's minus one), there are five more on the PC I'm enjoying- and generally those five games, even if they are on the consoles, are at a higher quality on the PC. With the Wii, I can generally catch a whole different class of games- Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Battalion Wars, Wii Sports, Zelda, etc... I'm also thinking the Wii will be the best platform for sports (as I'd mentioned in another thread, I can no longer play a tennis game w/out the Wiimote).

In terms of my December upgrade, I'm going to need to upgrade to Vista eventually (I refuse to do so now with all of its proliferative driver issues and dirth of DX10 games- but most of the driver issues and a large portion of the game issue should be ironed out by December), regardless of my status as a gamer. Additionally, at this time the price for the eVGA 8800GTS 640mb Superclocked should be in the area of $250, which is an acceptable price to pay for allowing me two of those in SLi and adding at least two years of life to my system- the reason that upgrade will coincide with Vista, besides from convenience, is due to the fact that Vista emulates DX9 rather than running it natively, and therefore the performance of DX9 games on Vista if 90-95% of that one can achieve on XP. I also have to get a new sound card (which, meh, I need to anyway b/c I skimped when I got it initially, having only gotten the SB Audigy 2 Value- and I got that two and a half years ago) for DX10 compliance. Amazingly, that would still keep my gaming PC costs equivalent to what I'd have to pay for a 360, and lower than what I'd need for a PS3.

BuddyFlashheart
06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Being someone who cut his gaming teeth on PC and considered it the only worthwhile platform until around 2001, I can subscribe to the argument in reference to perhaps the Xbox experience. There is a lot of overlap there in terms of titles and genres, with few titles being truly exclusive to the Xbox platform, and with the recent push for Games for Windows, I have my doubts as to whether any of the premiere Xbox brand titles will remain on that platform for very long. This does not however apply to the Playstation platform(s). There's a significant amount of first party and exclusive value there that do not have any matches on the PC platform. Obviously these may not be of interest to everyone, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the concept of someone disregarding a first party stable that has as much variation as it does quality.

aaronaja
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I want to argue Pro-PS3 Exclusivity. The fact of the matter is that IT SHOULD BE ON THE PLAYSTATION 3. It was designed with every code to be on the PlayStation 3 and a Blu-Ray game disc.

I mean the Xbox 360 already has the most exclusives out of any next gen console, even prior to Haze being exclusive. Xbox 360 even has the highest average rating when it comes to overall game scores. You guys then pour out numerous rumors about MGS4 being non-exclusive that never seem to end, but they never reference Kojima who is making the game. Let me ask you something,

How many exclusives do you Xbox 360 owners want to come to your own platform?
Every Third Party, PlayStation 3 and Wii exclusive game.

How many third party exclusives are you guys willing to give up on your platform just for this game to go multiplat?
None

When you Xbox 360 fans stop spreading rumors of PS3 games going to your console, stop continuously asking third party developers to take away all the exclusives, actually accept what you got for buying the Xbox 360, and deal with what you already have, maybe then you can realize why this game should be exclusive.

If you want this game, buy a PlayStation 3, instead of trying to kill the PlayStation 3 off.

Oh and I think I should remind you about that petition,

I have read every comment next to every signature of that petition to make Haze exclusive.

Half of all the signatures on that petition has a derogatory comment right next to it about being an owner of a PlayStation 3 and is directed to every PlayStation 3 owner. One quarter of all the signatures on that petition has a derogatory comment right next to it about being an owner of an Xbox 360 directed to every Xbox 360 owner. The last quarter of all signatures has a comment next to it, directed towards Ubisoft and Free Radical, which asks them to keep it exclusive and explains the technological advantages, as well as the business advantages, of doing such a thing.

All the people who signed that petition, in signing that petition, agreed that Haze should be a PlayStation 3 exclusive.

And no Xbox 360 owner had the courage to make a petition of their own, addressed towards Ubisoft and Free Radical, requesting to make Haze an Xbox 360 and a PlayStation 3 title.

And today on every international Haze website owned by Free Radical and Ubisoft, there was no Xbox 360 logo at the bottom of the page. Instead it only had the "PS" logo and the "PlayStation 3" logo.

I think that your actions have shown Ubisoft and Free Radical, why it should not belong to you.

Now go play your Xbox 360s.

BuddyFlashheart
06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
It's business, dude. It's not even in the slightest about "belonging" to anyone. Haze will release on all major systems, as it should be because it makes the most sense for the publisher. Just be happy that PS3 owners are getting a version of the game that is said to be "easily" on par with the other versions.

And let's face it, Sony could likely secure 3rd party exclusives in the same fashion as MS. But the need is obviously far less pressing, due to the company already having access to great variety and quality from internal or otherwise exclusive developing talent. So getting 3rd party games that are at least on par with the other versions is probably all you should be expecting for now, and there's certainly no reason to blame 3rd party publishers and developers for attempting to cash in on their hard work in the most sensible way possible. Which at this point, barring Sony signing a very large check, seems to be multi-platform development.

TerranUp16
06-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Getting tired of this console ****... this is the OTHER reason why I like the PC better... The PS3 doesn't need exclusives now- it needs games. In fact, it may very well be better off not having too many exclusives atm (some for sure, but Haze should not be one of those), as people will play those games on other platforms (say, the PC), and take note that the PS3 offers the game as well. If you combine multiplat games such as Haze, and exclusive games such as MGS 4, the PS3 can make a compelling argument. However, Haze is a game which, if exclusive, will not appeal to as wide an audience as it should, and it will not get the face time it should. Thus, because many people will not have played it, they will not care for it. However, given a taste of Haze and the realization this can be played on the PS3 as well, combined with other factors...

Personally, I'm not interested in either nex-gen console. HOWEVER, if I had to choose one or the other, I would get a PS3- partially b/c I think it's technical specs will ensure its victory in the long-run and partly b/c the 360 I originally got blew-up and MS didn't replace it.

logos01
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
So E3 then... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Anyways I do hope to get this game for the 360 soon, Rainbow Six and Gears are getting old already.

aaronaja
06-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I asked why you guys why you think Haze should go to the Xbox 360 and the PC and how it would improve the Haze experience. I did not request such remarks like:

"Just be happy that PS3 owners are getting a version of the game that is said to be "easily" on par with the other versions."

As far as I know, this is how Steve Ellis, Director of Free Radical, answered the following question at todays interview with www.worthplaying.com (http://www.worthplaying.com)

Q: "How is it to develop on PS3? What can you do with this console that you couldn't do with previous-gen consoles?

[SE]:It's great. Working on PS3 has allowed us to create vastly superior environments that verge on photorealism – full-screen effects, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and obscenely complex shaders. Its more challenging than ever before, but the power is greater than anything else that's out there.

Now after reading that, how can you justify saying that the PlayStation 3 version will be " "easily" on par with the other versions"?

As far as I know from Steve Ellis, the PlayStation 3 version is not going to be "on par" because as he has said "the power is greater than anything else that's out there". So explain to me how the PlayStation 3 version will just be "on par" and how we should be thankful for getting it when you guys sign the petition supporting the "Exclusivity of Haze" while insulting us in the comment section on the petition?

I also did not ask for such remarks like:

"The PS3 doesn't need exclusives now- it needs games. In fact, it may very well be better off not having too many exclusives atm (some for sure, but Haze should not be one of those), as people will play those games on other platforms (say, the PC), and take note that the PS3 offers the game as well. If you combine multiplat games such as Haze, and exclusive games such as MGS 4, the PS3 can make a compelling argument. However, Haze is a game which, if exclusive, will not appeal to as wide an audience as it should, and it will not get the face time it should. Thus, because many people will not have played it, they will not care for it. However, given a taste of Haze and the realization this can be played on the PS3 as well, combined with other factors..."

How on earth does the PlayStation 3 not need exclusive games? Quality exclusive games have driven the sales of the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. But the PlayStation 3 has the LEAST third party exclusives compared to the Wii and Xbox 360 separately. The PlayStation 3 also has the least systems sold because it has a high price and the least exclusives to justify the price. And how does, Sony losing every third party exclusive and Xbox 360 having all of them help the industry?

The Xbox 360 already has a greater majority of third party exclusives. So how would giving it another game that takes away from the PlayStation 3s exclusives help the PlayStation 3 and the industry?

If it needs games that are Non-exclusive, how would they help sell the PlayStation 3, when people will refrain from buying a PlayStation 3 because a game like Haze is going to the PC and the Xbox 360?

If anything, having the game a timed-exclusive will just work against Ubisoft and Free Radical because it will hinder the sales of Haze on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 3 units. It would also be destructive especially considering that the game engine for Haze was built from scratch on the PlayStation 3 dev kit and how porting it over to the Xbox 360 and PC would make the development time, since they got the PlayStation 3 dev kit, wasted. All that time and money spent slaving away over a PlayStation 3 dev kit would be wasted because after all that time and effort they spent to make it on the PlayStation 3, it will fail to sell on that platform because some guy on a forum did not want to buy a PlayStation 3 because of what this game would offer.

Also given the information on Haze...as answered by Derek Littlewood, Team Leader, in todays interview with www.worthplaying.com.. (http://www.worthplaying.com..).
"Q: How will it differ from other next gen shooter games within the Ubisoft titles and within the competitors?

[DL]: HAZE takes a unique and challenging point of view on the presentation of war in videogames. The themes of the narrative cover dangerous topics – the ethics of war as entertainment; how we absolve ourselves from the responsibility of shooting another human being, just because we're told to. It's edgy stuff."

When you play a game like Halo 2 online, you constantly hear trash talking and insults. You also hear things like "Just ****ing die you ****sucking mother******" while being on the receiving end of a bullet that was shot directly at you from the gun that person, who was telling you to die, was holding.

Do you think that these people would be able to fully comprehend such a dramatic difference in story and perspective as seen in Haze, in comparison to just fighting the covenant because thats what the goal of the game is?

Lets take a look at what else Derek Littlewood said in his answer to that question...

"I can't say too much about it even at this stage, but it asks questions and raises issues that are worth debating long after you've finished the game. Visually, HAZE will certainly set a new benchmark, but we believe it will also set a precedent for the quality of writing that we believe should exist in the next generation of games.

HAZE is jam-packed with fresh gameplay concepts – Mantel provides a top-of-the-line high-tech combat package, including the latest ballistic weaponry, vehicles and explosives. However, the jewel in the crown is NECTAR, "a bio-medically engineered nutritional supplement"which enhances the performance of Mantel's troops.

Nectar provides you with distinctive fighting abilities that are key to your success as a Mantel Trooper. We meticulously developed these ˜Nectar Abilities' through carefully analyzing how players approach First Person Combat – you'll see them in the gameplay demo!

As Mantel will tell you, Nectar is great! But between you and me, it has some unnerving drawbacks that the Promise Hand has been known to take advantage of..."

Are Halo fans able to debate about the morals of an illogical war as portrayed in a game when, in a game, they shoot first and never as questions about it later?

In the series Halo, the King of the crop of console first person shooters, how would someone that is addicted to the Halo experience want buy a game that will question everything about their addiction and morals to a game they just have fun over by killing each other and not asking questions about why or what?

The fact of the matter is that Haze would not only sell poorly compared to Halo 3 in the selling season of Fall 2007 if it were a timed exclusive, but it would also sell poorly on any other system because the consumers of first person shooters on the Xbox and Xbox 360 would not want to buy such a thing that questions their stance on video games and killing.

Again, if you want this game so badly, stop insulting the PlayStation 3 owners, who made a petition to keep it on their system because they knew they would enjoy it the most, by signing the actual petition just to lob some insults at us, stop asking every third party developer for more exclusives on the Xbox 360 and PC, and stop asking to take away the exclusives the PlayStation 3 needs in order to help breed competition into this industry.

If you wanted this game so badly, you would have made a petition of your own, you would have had the ability to explain why it would be beneficial to everyone to have it multiplatform, and you would not continue to insult us on a regular basis because you feel threatened by good competition in the industry.

If you want it, just buy a PlayStation 3 for this game designed for the PlayStation 3 from the ground up on a PlayStation 3 dev kit, instead of wasting Free Radicals time, money, and effort by not buying the system that they have put the most effort on and waiting for the game to come to your preferred system so that you can fail to buy the game because you feel it challenges you too much cognitively and emotionally.

BuddyFlashheart
06-04-2007, 11:00 PM
What it basically comes down to is that you seem to believe in some form of entitlement, and justice. Which is an odd argument, considering that the game has always been known to be multi-platform. So if you're going to talk big about entitlements, then do consider what exactly you're asking your petition to do. You're asking of a publisher to take something away from people who have been hopeful of playing the game since it was unveiled. I don't know who "deserves" it more or who will appreciate it more, but your argument is weird from top to bottom. I mean, it's as if you even go as far as to roundly ignore the potential for added profit that a multi-platform gives, or the gaping financial hole that simply binning two near complete versions of a game. And this because you worry about the PS3? I'm known as a PS3 fan on a few boards and following critical hardware errors with no less than two 360 consoles I'm not particularly fond of the 360 hardware, but even I find this whole argument a bit much to stomach.

Not that any of this matters. This petition won't matter, of course. It will come out on several systems, with the PS3 version allegedly being the definitive version. That's all I can really ask of a 3rd party publisher right now, and I'll leave it to Sony to supply the PS3 library with exclusives.

Oh yeah, and before I forget... the "easily on par" quote isn't mine to begin with. I'll give you three guesses as to who labeled the PS3 version as such, on this board.

TerranUp16
06-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Holy (insert explicative). You have problems (not you, Buddy).

First and foremost, Haze is not being ported- at all. It's being developed in parallel- that's right, let me repeat that, IN PARALLEL. You know what that means? It means that Haze is being created by essentially three different coding teams, each of which is programming the game for their specific platform. That means there's one team exploiting the potential of the PS3, another the 360 (what potential there is of it...), and another the PC. No version suffers.

In terms of exclusives, my argument about them is a little hard to wrap one's head around (wow, I guess that doesn't bode well for you understanding Haze, and I think I'll use you as the stereotype for all PS3 owners, so, you know, PS3 owners just would not get Haze's storyline, so they wouldn't appreciate it...). However, the key here is this. I have not played Resistance: Fall of Man. Do I care? No. Why? Because I haven't played it. Give me a good shooter game that is multiplat, and then give me a good shooter which is PS3 exclusive, and then the exclusivity factor begins to take effect. If I had never played Super Smash Bros, would its status as a Wii exclusive sway me to buy a Wii? No, I really would not care. However, having played previous Zelda games (and now TP), having played previous Mario games, having played previous SSB games... the exclusivity factor begins to weigh in. None of us have played Haze, and if I take FR's word, none of us have played anything like it. Haze as an exclusive would do nothing for the PS3, because it would get the same reaction as R: FoM. However, make Haze multiplat, and then make a PS3-exclusive spin-off and you have a more powerful argument for the sway of exclusivity. Also, if the PS3 really is superior, then given Haze's parallel development, that superiority should show through in the PS3 version. So, now if I go and play Haze on my PC, and then hear the PS3 version is superior, the PS3 has now just made a very strong case for itself.

Now, turning to your horrible argument about the ability to synthesize Haze's storyline. Once again, you are waging war solely against the 360. Perhaps you should have made a petition to keep Haze off of the 360 and be PS3 and PC exclusive (that would somewhat satisfy my prior paragraph about how exclusivity gains its effectiveness). A stupid petition still, but one more in line with your arguments. Guess what? PC gamers are generally ambivalent to Halo. They could care less- and those that do care generally hate it. You see, the PC is the home of the RTS, the RTT, and the TBS- three of the most mentally demanding games around. StarCraft is one of the greatest RTS games in the genre's history (second only to Company of Heroes of course, but CoH is more of an RTT). It also just so happens to have one of the better storylines in game history as well. I should also mention that tactical shooters- Counter Strike, Battlefield, etc...- originated on the PC. Certainly, PC gamers have shown that they welcome games with superior mental challenges. I'd say that puts the PC in the forefront in terms of its users' ability to synthesize and accept Haze's storyline. All you've so far supplied is supposed evidence of why 360 owners would not understand its storyline, but I've yet to hear from you why PS3 players would prove any different.

aaronaja
06-04-2007, 11:50 PM
What it basically comes down to is that you seem to believe in some form of entitlement, and justice. Which is an odd argument, considering that the game has always been known to be multi-platform. So if you're going to talk big about entitlements, then do consider what exactly you're asking your petition to do. You're asking of a publisher to take something away from people who have been hopeful of playing the game since it was unveiled. I don't know who "deserves" it more or who will appreciate it more, but your argument is weird from top to bottom. I mean, it's as if you even go as far as to roundly ignore the potential for added profit that a multi-platform gives, or the gaping financial hole that simply binning two near complete versions of a game. And this because you worry about the PS3? I'm known as a PS3 fan on a few boards and following critical hardware errors with no less than two 360 consoles I'm not particularly fond of the 360 hardware, but even I find this whole argument a bit much to stomach.

Not that any of this matters. This petition won't matter, of course. It will come out on several systems, with the PS3 version allegedly being the definitive version. That's all I can really ask of a 3rd party publisher right now, and I'll leave it to Sony to supply the PS3 library with exclusives.

Oh yeah, and before I forget... the "easily on par" quote isn't mine to begin with. I'll give you three guesses as to who labeled the PS3 version as such, on this board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, yourself find the facts and the proposed argument, hard to stomach, regardless of their logical standing and your position on hardware being supportive of the PlayStation 3. In being supportive of the PlayStation 3, and experienced with the technical difficulties of an Xbox 360, you should understand that quality hardware does need quality games. Not only that but in order for quality hardware to sell, it needs quality, exclusive games. In knowing this, answer me this question with supportive facts...

How would it help the PlayStation 3's sales and future by taking away the only exclusive the PlayStation 3 has to leverage itself against the Xbox 360 and its exclusive Halo 3, during the forthcoming and difficult fall season that both Haze and Halo 3 release?

aaronaja
06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Holy (insert explicative). You have problems (not you, Buddy).

First and foremost, Haze is not being ported- at all. It's being developed in parallel- that's right, let me repeat that, IN PARALLEL. You know what that means? It means that Haze is being created by essentially three different coding teams, each of which is programming the game for their specific platform. That means there's one team exploiting the potential of the PS3, another the 360 (what potential there is of it...), and another the PC. No version suffers.

In terms of exclusives, my argument about them is a little hard to wrap one's head around (wow, I guess that doesn't bode well for you understanding Haze, and I think I'll use you as the stereotype for all PS3 owners, so, you know, PS3 owners just would not get Haze's storyline, so they wouldn't appreciate it...). However, the key here is this. I have not played Resistance: Fall of Man. Do I care? No. Why? Because I haven't played it. Give me a good shooter game that is multiplat, and then give me a good shooter which is PS3 exclusive, and then the exclusivity factor begins to take effect. If I had never played Super Smash Bros, would its status as a Wii exclusive sway me to buy a Wii? No, I really would not care. However, having played previous Zelda games (and now TP), having played previous Mario games, having played previous SSB games... the exclusivity factor begins to weigh in. None of us have played Haze, and if I take FR's word, none of us have played anything like it. Haze as an exclusive would do nothing for the PS3, because it would get the same reaction as R: FoM. However, make Haze multiplat, and then make a PS3-exclusive spin-off and you have a more powerful argument for the sway of exclusivity. Also, if the PS3 really is superior, then given Haze's parallel development, that superiority should show through in the PS3 version. So, now if I go and play Haze on my PC, and then hear the PS3 version is superior, the PS3 has now just made a very strong case for itself.

Now, turning to your horrible argument about the ability to synthesize Haze's storyline. Once again, you are waging war solely against the 360. Perhaps you should have made a petition to keep Haze off of the 360 and be PS3 and PC exclusive (that would somewhat satisfy my prior paragraph about how exclusivity gains its effectiveness). A stupid petition still, but one more in line with your arguments. Guess what? PC gamers are generally ambivalent to Halo. They could care less- and those that do care generally hate it. You see, the PC is the home of the RTS, the RTT, and the TBS- three of the most mentally demanding games around. StarCraft is one of the greatest RTS games in the genre's history (second only to Company of Heroes of course, but CoH is more of an RTT). It also just so happens to have one of the better storylines in game history as well. I should also mention that tactical shooters- Counter Strike, Battlefield, etc...- originated on the PC. Certainly, PC gamers have shown that they welcome games with superior mental challenges. I'd say that puts the PC in the forefront in terms of its users' ability to synthesize and accept Haze's storyline. All you've so far supplied is supposed evidence of why 360 owners would not understand its storyline, but I've yet to hear from you why PS3 players would prove any different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just answer me the following question...

Can you prove to me that both the Xbox 360 and PC demographic is capable of receiving the game in a positive manner and understanding the storyline?

Xylaquin
06-05-2007, 01:11 AM
I agree with TerranUp16. What do you have against PC? It's way better than consoles in my opinion.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> You can do more things on a pc
<LI> You can download pretty much anything for the game you want and arn't restricted to 'market places'.
<LI> Mods and maps are much easier to make.
<LI> Generally, accuracy is increased since you're using a mouse.
<LI> There's LOADS of buttons to use on a keyboard.
<LI> No matter how advanced games consoles are, PCs will always be better. Heck, how do you think the game console was made and designed? Probably on a PC! Sure when the console comes out it may look better in power than a pc- but that's just the average pc, not specificly designed pcs that people game on.
<LI> PC's are extremely upgradable, meaning they can literally go on gaming for years.
[/list]

And then the claim that PC's don't have good games and reached their alleged peak in 2001!? Maybe your PC wasn't good enough yet? There's loads of good games for the PC!

Where the hell did this whole thing arise from anyway? This was a pretty peacefull forum untill someone decided they want exculsiveness. The blatant things that we are led to believe by official sources are:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> It's on PS3/360/PC
<LI> It's being developed in parallel, so no console converting.
<LI> It will use the onsole's abilities as promised.
[/list]
When Ellis said about designing the code on the PS3, it's likely he was mentioning how he likes designing the code on the PS3. Just because he didn't mention the 360 or PC doesn't mean they havn't dev'd the code on them.

So quit your moaning, there's nothing wrong with any of the consoles or the pc. I have my opinions on the Wii, but Haze isn't coming out on that. Now let's all drink our favourite beveridge and play some TS on my Gameboy!

aaronaja
06-05-2007, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xylaquin:
I agree with TerranUp16. What do you have against PC? It's way better than consoles in my opinion.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> You can do more things on a pc
<LI> You can download pretty much anything for the game you want and arn't restricted to 'market places'.
<LI> Mods and maps are much easier to make.
<LI> Generally, accuracy is increased since you're using a mouse.
<LI> There's LOADS of buttons to use on a keyboard.
<LI> No matter how advanced games consoles are, PCs will always be better. Heck, how do you think the game console was made and designed? Probably on a PC! Sure when the console comes out it may look better in power than a pc- but that's just the average pc, not specificly designed pcs that people game on.
<LI> PC's are extremely upgradable, meaning they can literally go on gaming for years.
[/list]

And then the claim that PC's don't have good games and reached their alleged peak in 2001!? Maybe your PC wasn't good enough yet? There's loads of good games for the PC!

Where the hell did this whole thing arise from anyway? This was a pretty peacefull forum untill someone decided they want exculsiveness. The blatant things that we are led to believe by official sources are:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> It's on PS3/360/PC
<LI> It's being developed in parallel, so no console converting.
<LI> It will use the onsole's abilities as promised.
[/list]
When Ellis said about designing the code on the PS3, it's likely he was mentioning how he likes designing the code on the PS3. Just because he didn't mention the 360 or PC doesn't mean they havn't dev'd the code on them.

So quit your moaning, there's nothing wrong with any of the consoles or the pc. I have my opinions on the Wii, but Haze isn't coming out on that. Now let's all drink our favourite beveridge and play some TS on my Gameboy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall ever saying anything derogatory about the PC.

I asked some questions directed at two people and they have failed to answer them directly with factual evidence.

And I will ask you another question, what is wrong with the PlayStation 3?

BuddyFlashheart
06-05-2007, 07:46 AM
As much as I personally like the Playstation 3, the fact of the matter is that this is an industry that is dependent on maximized return on investment, as opposed to some weird console and brand fan goodwill; the publisher will do what is in the best interest of said publisher, and in this case that means releasing the game on multiple platforms. Makes perfect sense, as the game has been promoted as a multi-platform game since its announcement. Perhaps Sony could have inked a deal similar to the deal MS made with Ubi in regards to the next installment of Splinter Cell, but for one reason or the other that has not happened. It would make very little sense for Ubi to simply bin the existing versions (that have been developed in parallel with the PS3 version) and make it a PS3 exclusive for the hell of it. I do feel that it is Ubisoft's responsibility to deliver games for the PS3 that are at least on par with other versions of said games, but I'm certainly not going to ask of the publisher to assign games as exclusives when there is really no monetary incentive to do so. It's up to Sony to supply the Playstation 3 with games exclusive to the system, regardless of whether these games are internally developed and published games, or "bought" exclusives from 3rd party publishers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaronaja:
And I will ask you another question, what is wrong with the PlayStation 3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's about $200 too expensive, that's what's wrong with the Playstation 3. The cost is well justified given the technology and build quality, but it is a serious road block that is prohibiting a lot of people from jumping on-board at this point.

deded999
06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Getting tired of this console ****... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, me too...

Although I see where you're coming from with your exclusive argument TerranUp, you seem to be forgetting that it's quite possible, (and arguably the greater factor), to want to play an exclusive game simply because you've seen it, (screens, video, demo), and want to play it, without actually having played it. If you don't own the system but want to play the game, then that's the powerful reason to want to buy the system. I thought that was what a killer-app was all about? By your reckoning you wouldn't want to play Crysis because you haven't played it. Huh?

@ aaronaja: stop worrying about the PS3 - that's Sony's job. Just be happy that Haze will be out this year for the PS3 and will be just as good as all the other versions.

Oh, and I think your conclusions that the 360 has the most exclusives, and that Haze is the only exclusive that the PS3 will get this year are actually both incorrect. Heavenly Sword? Lair? Uncharted? Warhawk? To name but a few? Chill.

Rasomaso
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">THERE IS A WAR GOING ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!</span>
EVERYBODY FIND A GOOD COVER OR SOME KEYBOARD OR GAMEPAD WILL HIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

aaronaja:
What an essay huh ? Are you paid for it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I don't get the argument why X360 owners wouldn't understand the Haze's story? It seems to me as a complete nonsense. Why the hell would IQ/story-understanding-capabilities depend on which system do you prefer???

And why you cannot accept that it was developed in parallel from the beginning?

You are the wierdest (and most extreme) PS3 fan I know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you prove to me that both the Xbox 360 and PC demographic is capable of receiving the game in a positive manner and understanding the storyline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could certainly- and have certainly- supply evidence in favor of the PC. However, though I shall once again, it is completely unnecessary, b/c if the PS3 is no better off in this regard, then it really does not matter. Come up with one reason why PS3 owners would be more-likely to comprehend Haze's storyline, and then you might, possibly (no, not really b/c I'm sure I have far more reasons in favor of the PC than you do for the PS3), gain some credence.

First and foremost, the PC has generally been the home and birthplace of the more mentally challenging games. In this respect, I speak of strategy games. However, in relation to the category of shooters, I speak of tactical shooters. Both of these genres require far more patience and a greater command of tactical and strategic prowess to succeed. Thus, the average PC gamer has already proven their amiability to greater travails on the mind. PC games, historically, have also at the very least matched the storylines of console games- but then again there are those games on the PC, such as StarCraft, which go the extra mile to intermittently lace the storyline with depth not found in many games. So, PC gamers have demonstrated the patience, and the willingness to understand deeper games. That is not to say that 360 and PS3 owners could not do the same, but I can only speak for the PC.

Ok, now that we're done with that utterly stupid arguemnt...

In terms of the exclusivity, there is an aspect of a game utilizing screens, videos, and previews (but not demos, because if you don't have the console, you can't play the demo) to create a case for itself. While Haze certainly looks good from a visual standpoint, and while Haze certainly sounds interesting from the previews, it is a game that I could definitely see people overlooking. By that, I mean that if Haze is not coming to your console, you may well just turn to other games that are and use those to compensate. Haze is a game with a deeper appeal- while it certainly has the graphics to look nice and the gameplay appeal to draw people in, it really looks like a game you'll need to play to appreciate. For those who own a platform that Haze supports, that appeal proves enough to generate strong interest in the game. However, as a PC owner I could look to other games coming out- Crysis, UT3, etc... and decide that Haze sounds interesting, but I'm not going to go out and buy another console to play it. However, if I could play it, and liked it very much, a spin-off coming out exclusively for platform x would then hold more sway. There is a small bit of sway without having played the game, but a much greater sway after having played the game. For example, I really do not care about Warhawk. Instead, I anticipate Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Frontlines: Fuel of War. Now, if I could play Warhawk, and did, I might change my mind (really, I don't know, but ET: QW looks tough to beat). But because it's only going to be on the PS3, I probably won't play Warhawk, so I won't care about Warhawk 2.

deded999
06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
So, PC gamers have demonstrated the patience, and the willingness to understand deeper games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it is a dumb argument, but I would point out that PC developers certainly perceive console gamers as a largely moronic lot: even if they do translate their PC titles over, they consistently dumb them down for the 'mentally-and-attention-span-challenged' console gamer. I am personally insulted, (and highly disappointed I might add).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In terms of the exclusivity, there is an aspect of a game utilizing screens, videos, and previews (but not demos, because if you don't have the console, you can't play the demo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant demonstrations, either at say a friend's house or in a shop/store.

Like I said, I understand your argument, I just feel that it's probably more applicable to you personally than to most gamers, or magazines, previews, etc, would not be such a huge draw.

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're right, it is a dumb argument, but I would point out that PC developers certainly perceive console gamers as a largely moronic lot: even if they do translate their PC titles over, they consistently dumb them down for the 'mentally-and-attention-span-challenged' console gamer. I am personally insulted, (and highly disappointed I might add). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C&C 3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rasomaso
06-05-2007, 12:41 PM
TerranUp, are you really going to buy Haze or you'll download it from something like DC++? I'm really interested if you're going to support the developers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Walshicus
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In the series Halo, the King of the crop of console first person shooters, how would someone that is addicted to the Halo experience want buy a game that will question everything about their addiction and morals to a game they just have fun over by killing each other and not asking questions about why or what?

The fact of the matter is that Haze would not only sell poorly compared to Halo 3 in the selling season of Fall 2007 if it were a timed exclusive, but it would also sell poorly on any other system because the consumers of first person shooters on the Xbox and Xbox 360 would not want to buy such a thing that questions their stance on video games and killing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm probably the biggest Halo fan on this forum, and as such I have serious issue with you. My ill temperment is retrained though by the humour inherent to your argument that PS3 owners are a demographic more suited to complex and involving plotlines and moral questions. Sure. Final Fantasy, God of War and Metal Gear are renowned for their writing and setting being beyond the capabilities of your average twelve year old, aren't they... [does that sarcasm come through?] Anyway, since when has the Sony demographic been older or more mature than the Microsoft demographic?

Halo has pleanty of plot, pleanty of questions for the user to discover and consider; it's just not thrust in the face. Gameplay was paramount, but still the plotline for casual players is designed to come to the fore at the end of the trilogy. Not that it's lacking in the earlier installments.
Halo is a tale of a World War - a struggle for the survival of Human civilisation. It's not a matter of ideological clash [well for one side it is], it's about total warfare and the desperation of being on the losing side. Haze is a different story - Haze is the Gulf War, the Vietnam War, regime change in South America... but that doesn't make it better or worse or more or less deserving. Everything that would make their setting more pronounced works against the gameplay, and needs to be compensated for. Should this not be a PS3 exclussive I can imagine many hundreds of thousands of 360 owners willing to buy both.

I'm just baffled why the PS3 would be this title's lead platform. Poor performance of the system aside, I'm sure the kind of people who buy Sony don't have the inclination for FPS style games. Perhaps being the lone star in an otherwise limited lineup this Winter Solstice will help get a bigger percentage of PS3 owner's game budget €uros, but I can't see that factor being able to result in more sales than on the 360 platform.

Maybe Sony gave a money hat, or better licensing fees in return for that. Maybe someone high up at FR actually believes the PS3 to be a better machine [strange people are everywhere]. Who knows? Well hopefully we will soon.

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rasomaso:
TerranUp, are you really going to buy Haze or you'll download it from something like DC++? I'm really interested if you're going to support the developers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never dl games. It's the fastest way to send the gaming industry down the tubes. You see, on the PC, for quite some time (aka, not just within the last year), game companies have offered these things called demos, that let users try-out the games to see if they like them. If the user likes the game, the user buys the game. There's no need to illegally dl games. I actually don't even have a torrent program installed.

Rasomaso
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rasomaso:
TerranUp, are you really going to buy Haze or you'll download it from something like DC++? I'm really interested if you're going to support the developers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never dl games. It's the fastest way to send the gaming industry down the tubes. You see, on the PC, for quite some time (aka, not just within the last year), game companies have offered these things called demos, that let users try-out the games to see if they like them. If the user likes the game, the user buys the game. There's no need to illegally dl games. I actually don't even have a torrent program installed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey we have demos too. Even on the ps2 there were demos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey we have demos too. Even on the ps2 there were demos Razz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The DC had demo discs. Meh, Sega actually had a very solid marketing platform and it's a shame the idiots at EA and other places allowed the console to collapse. The Dreamcast came with a demo disc that allowed buyers to play a demo of every launch game (and a couple of post-launch games as well if I recall correctly). Additionally, their official magazine (I'm sure other OM's have done this as well) came with a demo disc every month (the thing was loaded with demos, always). Meh, those demo discs were awesome- one of them persuaded me to get Power Stone, an absolutely awesome 3D fighting game. I was amazed that no Power Stone 3 showed up on the GC. However, I am really hoping a Power Stone game comes out for the Wii (w/ or w/out motion control- the GC controller would more than suffice). Meh... DC... good days... while they lasted of course. I mean, seriously, you could not beat the DC's memory cards.

deded999
06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walshicus:
I'm probably the biggest Halo fan on this forum, and as such I have serious issue with you. My ill temperment is retrained though by the humour inherent to your argument that PS3 owners are a demographic more suited to complex and involving plotlines and moral questions. Sure. Final Fantasy, God of War and Metal Gear are renowned for their writing and setting being beyond the capabilities of your average twelve year old, aren't they... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I agree with the thrust of your argument here... what? Don't be disrespecting FF and the Snake bud! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif IMHO Metal Gear is miles in front of other games for plotting and invention, (long-winded exposition and cut-scenes not withstanding...), although doubtless many would disagree...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm just baffled why the PS3 would be this title's lead platform. Poor performance of the system aside, I'm sure the kind of people who buy Sony don't have the inclination for FPS style games. Perhaps being the lone star in an otherwise limited lineup this Winter Solstice will help get a bigger percentage of PS3 owner's game budget €uros, but I can't see that factor being able to result in more sales than on the 360 platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, that's where I think you shoot yourself in the foot a little; PS3 owners wouldn't be interested in FPS games? WTF? Isn't that quite similar (and as baseless) as saying 360 owners can't cope with a story with a decent plot, or similar? And your next point I find debatable also. I'm not slamming you here, just objecting to some of your 'conclusions'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe Sony gave a money hat, or better licensing fees in return for that. Maybe someone high up at FR actually believes the PS3 to be a better machine [strange people are everywhere]. Who knows? Well hopefully we will soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows indeed, but it's not completely impossible that the latter is actually the case... (PC not withstanding - back off TerrranUp! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 02:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PC not withstanding - back off TerrranUp! Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This, after I lauded the Dreamcast!?

logos01
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaronaja:

Oh yeah, and before I forget... the "easily on par" quote isn't mine to begin with. I'll give you three guesses as to who labeled the PS3 version as such, on this board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, yourself find the facts and the proposed argument, hard to stomach, regardless of their logical standing and your position on hardware being supportive of the PlayStation 3. In being supportive of the PlayStation 3, and experienced with the technical difficulties of an Xbox 360, you should understand that quality hardware does need quality games. Not only that but in order for quality hardware to sell, it needs quality, exclusive games. In knowing this, answer me this question with supportive facts...

How would it help the PlayStation 3's sales and future by taking away the only exclusive the PlayStation 3 has to leverage itself against the Xbox 360 and its exclusive Halo 3, during the forthcoming and difficult fall season that both Haze and Halo 3 release? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What makes you think FreeRadical is trying to help Sony and the PS3? Why should they? Sure it wouldn't help the PS3 if Haze goes multiplatform but it would sure benefit Free Radical and Ubisoft.

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 03:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by logos01:
Sure it wouldn't help the PS3 if Haze goes multiplatform but it would sure benefit Free Radical and Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goes!? Haze IS multiplat.

deded999
06-05-2007, 04:29 PM
...and always has been.

BuddyFlashheart
06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
The great thing about threads and "conflicts" like these is that you can be almost certain that you will at some point get a good glimpse of "extremists" on both sides of the camp going at it, and over pretty much nothing. Here we have this aaronaja dude who honestly seems like he might be the author of this petition, and then this walshicus doofus arguing for the other camp, and seemingly even going as far as to attempt to make an argument for a supposed importance to the Halo storyline in the process. It's quite amusing, in some tragic way.

Haze is multi-platform. Some people will give a **** about the deeper concepts of the game, some will only give a **** about the amount of guns the game has, some will struggle to decide what they like or dislike the most, and some will not give a **** at all. I certainly don't think liking or disliking Halo or any other simplistic sci-fi shooter is a fair way of judging their ability to appreciate what Haze is bringing to the table. Hell, Ratchet & Clank is one of my favorite game series, and I'm still very attracted to the "deeper" and more thought provoking story components of Haze, far more so than I am to any other individual aspects of the game.

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Yay! I'm not an extremist!

Xylaquin
06-06-2007, 01:01 AM
And I will ask you another question, what is wrong with the PlayStation 3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you read my post, you'd see I said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xylaquin:
So quit your moaning, there's nothing wrong with any of the consoles or the pc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have nothing against the consoles, I just don't want these forums to start flooding with people who make redundant threads and petitions that would prevent many of us long time-Haze followers the chance to play the game.

eXo_Lution
06-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Oh will you 360 owners shut up!You moan about one game, one game! Think very carefully, you 360 owners get deadrising, gears of war and other great games us ps3 owners dont, so stop moaning and dont be greedy.

Walshicus
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
and then this walshicus doofus arguing for the other camp, and seemingly even going as far as to attempt to make an argument for a supposed importance to the Halo storyline in the process. It's quite amusing, in some tragic way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Screw you, old man. The Halo thing was entirely tangential, a rebutal to someone's assertation that the Halo series was a mindless shooter. Being a Bungie fanboy for over se7en years I found issue with it. I also wanted to show that there was nothing incompatible with liking Halo AND Haze...

Sure, I'm a 360 fan. I'm invested in that system and want to see every title I'm interested in released for it. I don't think it takes someone with a degree in economics to see that a non-first party first person shooter not launching on the 360 at this moment in time is just plain ridiculous. But more ridiculous than that is the constant screwing around with PC and 360 gamers regarding this game.

As mentioned in a thread just below this one the whole debacle of release dates is just comical now. People complain about it and the thread is locked. FRD being a first class developer means little if the marketting team screw up, or worse there's some kind of infighting going on regarding the degree of PS3 "exclusivity"...

TerranUp16
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXo_Lution:
Oh will you 360 owners shut up!You moan about one game, one game! Think very carefully, you 360 owners get deadrising, gears of war and other great games us ps3 owners dont, so stop moaning and dont be greedy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're still forgetting a platform, greedy fiend.

darkmanure
06-22-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm just happy that PS3 is not getting the trendy watered down port. I will get this game when it comes out.

Usually games that lead on 360 ends up awfully bad on the PS3.

My bro got a 360 and I got a PS3, Man I need more quality PS3 games, I just hope ports don't water down the actual game for every console.

TerranUp16
06-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Haze isn't a port for any console... it's in parallel development...

darkmanure
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
That's what I've heard and I'm not implying it is.

deded999
06-22-2007, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkmanure:
I'm just happy that PS3 is not getting the trendy watered down port. I will get this game when it comes out.

Usually games that lead on 360 ends up awfully bad on the PS3.

My bro got a 360 and I got a PS3, Man I need more quality PS3 games, I just hope ports don't water down the actual game for every console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say they were all that bad, maybe missing some features, but that's mostly because the PS3 came out later than the 360 and has a steeper learning curve for many developers. The 360 has usually been the lead console for those games too, and PC/360 development is quite different than for the Cell - many developers have said so. As the PS3 becomes more familiar to devs, we will see less porting and better use of the hardware.

railenmiles
06-30-2007, 07:48 AM
"Conflicts" such as these serve as good mind stimulants, so long as everyone adheres to an obligation to keep their facts straight. If people play by that, I don't mind being called an "extremist". But it IS a harsh word, I'd rather an "over enthusiast".

An appropriate message to FRD and UBI would be for them to come clean and to get OVER and DONE with it! The confusion really has come from them: "Exclusivity unannounced and unconfirmed" yet "PC and Xbox 360 versions unannounced and unconfirmed," there seem to be some double standard here and contradicts one another. However it's been pretty clear from the start that it was a simultaneous development. Everybody knows this! Who are they fooling!? The theme here is "Honesty is more Attractive."

I suspect that Ubisoft is under the pretension to be a full and enthusiastic supporter of Sony's next gen system. Some bigtime Ubi CEO complained about the PS3's price and how it's putting off potential buyers. And then he recently announced that they are going to release an exclusive game for the PS3 to help boost sales. I believe that Haze is going to play this role. If this is indeed the case, and reflecting on Ubi's business practices, I find their so called support for a fledgling install base embarrassing. Nonetheless not surprising. As some have gathered that Ubi is devoting the majority of the company's resources in support of Microsoft's next gen system.

It's interesting that walshicus mentioned that there could be an infighting going.

Whatever their reasons, there could only be a positive outlook. Rainbow six on the PS3 comes very close and up to par on the 360. Which says something about UBi taking the PS3 market more seriously. But they'd still play the multiplatform deal with occasional Xbox 360 exclusives like splinter cell. I am certain that there will be no ps3 version for that game.

Back to Haze, looks still like a timed release. And may help ps3 sales along the way but only a fraction of what exclusivity could have done. But I'm not complainin. Just give me a decent game with the majority of the features intact im cool with that. Still skeptical of lead platform status though. My expectations are kinda low for this game for now, especially when Ubi conjured up that hubbub, I lost even more interest, just when I was so hyped about getting a PS3 game I could finally sink my teeth into (of course apart from Oblivion, Resistance and so on). Sigh... I'll reserve my cynical judgment and wait for the actual product. I have renewed confidence in Ubi to develop on the PS3, thanks partly to the release of rb six vegas. So overall this game couldn't be so bad, could it?

frd_neko
06-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I've said this on numerous occasions but trying to draw any conclusions as to the quality of HAZE on PS3 based on recent Ubisoft titles is a waste of time. HAZE is being developed by FRD, and we had nothing to do with any of those other games, just as the (internal Ubisoft) teams that developed them have nothing to do with HAZE.

Also, people need to stop taking the confusion over the release dates and platforms so personally. It's obvious it's frustrating for you guys so if there was anything Ubisoft could do about it at this stage, they would've done it. They have their reasons for staying quiet on the issue for now and will clear everything up as soon as it's feasible.

Once again, I will reiterate - just wait for the official announcement, and in the meantime, don't wind yourselves up thinking the whole thing is somehow some elaborate plan by FRD/Ubi to annoy everyone, 'cos it ain't! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko.