PDA

View Full Version : The Expansion

troglodytewiz
05-19-2006, 12:00 PM
You guys probably all saw the map, and read the manual. There are hints the factions in the expansion, one of them being Naga's and the other the Dwarves.

As some of you might know, on CH there have allready been discussions about how these might look. I posted a proposal as well, and it was accepted very well, as there was an overall highly positive respond to it. That is why I've decided to finally use my account here and post the proposal so you guys can can give your opinion about it as well. Hope you like it.

Brimir

ID card:

€ Aka: The Dwarves
€ Associated colors: Grey, red and Brown
€ Worship: Syloth, the Dragon of Fire
€ Core philosophy: €œMining gets wealth, wealth equals power, power equals victory€.
€ Country / kingdom: the mountain range of Rak-Nuk
€ Capital city: Rak-Kofed
€ Key symbols: Crossed Pickaxe and Axe, a Wind-up Key
€ Description: Dwarves are a hardy race that use the power of animation and alchemy to gather wealth. They don€t long for war, they only long to be left along to gather their wealth in peace. If their wealth is threatened they will do anything to defend it.
They use their gold, silver and other precious materials to build big and beautiful cities with the sole intend to baffle any visitors.
They live in great halls under the mountain most of them connected by small mountain paths.

Brief History:

62 YSD: The Seven Cities
Dwarves are called in from the mountains to aid in building the Seven Cities. While at first it seems they want no other reward than the gold €" a few golems are missing after the dwarves leave

67 YSD: The Animation
The golems stolen from the wizards are successfully cloned, though dwarven golems aren€t nearly as strong. Dwarves continue experiment with smaller golems and animations.

152 YSD: The discovery of the use of Alchemy
Red dwarves from dwarven cities finally find uses for alchemy other than healing and mana restoration. A new branch of exploding potions and poison vials are made. These increase production and help to ward off intruders.

154 YSD: Alchemy is introduced in warfare
Dwarven warriors are now equipped with potions and trained in the art of Alchemy, they become more of a tread to the Wizards as Alchemy is a different discipline than magic and Wizards are not prepared.

461 YSD: Discovery of Necromancy
Belketh, a disciple of Sar-Shazzar, discovers the path of Necromancy. Necromantic experimentations begin in the Seven Cities. Word reaches to the Dwarves of necromancy who see this as a new way of animation.

527 YSD: New Order of Dwarves
Red dwarves have always ruled the dwarves because the are the wisest of dwarves and focus their lives on science and politics, but now Brown dwarves emerge €" these are normal red dwarves, but they focus only on science. Red dwarves continue concentrating on both science and poitics.

The modern ages
771 YSD: Foundation of the Silver League
Survivors of the Seven Cities establish the Silver League (the second kingdom of Magic) in the lands to the south. Necromancers flee east to the haunted valley of Heresh. Again Dwarves are the main boulders of the new cities.

813-822 YSD: War of the Broken Staff
The Necromancers attempt to crush the newborn Silver League but the Wizards gain the upper hand and invade Heresh. The Necromancers are utterly defeated and their kingdom shattered.

822 YSD: Dwarven Necromancy
Some necromancers seek refuge with the dwarves €" there they learn Brown dwarves how to animate wood and combine that with the older animation of stones so create a new kind of golem; the Animatron, these beings are small and are made to help with construction and mining. Dwarves are no longer seen in the world.

824 YSD: The Dwarven Battle
Wizards capture an Animatron and declare war to the dwarves. The Wizards rush into the mountains were the Dwarves lived, but find no dwarves there. The Dwarves had moved their realm to a unexploited mountain range to the west. The Wizards declare the Dwarves extinct.

Creatures:

Level 1:
Puncher (Upgrade: Chopper)

This tiny animation consists of just a few rocks put together. It is used to punch into hard stones to gather them out of the mountain. They aren€t very strong, and not very fast. They do have a great defence and are rather simplistic, so the come in great numbers. They are also animated which means that they are unaffected by certain spells.

Level 2:
Boar tamer (Upgrade: Boar rider)

These Dwarves tame boars to do work for them, such as carrying the gold to the cities. They€re able to use them in battle as well, and though the Boars are though opponents, there aren€t many in the mountains. The boars allow the dwarves to strike first, and Boar riders to strike without retaliation.

Level 3:
Grey Dwarf (Upgrade: Axe thrower)

The grey dwarves fight with axes, and are very resistant. Even to magic, so they€re not only good as miners, but are good warriors as well. Axe throwers have been trained especially for war and there for they are experts at it. They have a ranged attack.
Level 4:
Animation (Upgrade: Animatron)

Animations are made of wooden cogs and gears, and rocks. They are animated and move quick because of the gears, they have magic resistance. Because they are made with 2 kinds of magic they have a 5% chance of failing, which means they have to wait 1 turn. Animatrons are stronger, and their magic is less flawless, so they don€t fail.

Level 5:
Brown Dwarf (Upgrade: Alchemist)

Brown dwarves have specialized in science and they are masters of Alchemy. They have a lot of potions with them at all times which they can use in battle. They are train for war as well so they can still fight. The Alchemist has more potions available and stronger ones.

Level 6:
Digger Golem (Upgrade: War Golem)

These machines are animated, but are to big for dwarves to totally animate. That€s way dwarves still need to control these golems. Because they are partly animated they react instantly to any command, and thus always have first strike.

Level 7:
Behemoth (Upgrade: Ancient Behemoth)

Behemoths are natural inhabitants of the mountains, and dwarves have managed to tame them, and use them to guard their banks and cities. They are extremely strong and scary, so scary that opponents are unable to defend themselves properly. They also don€t strike back.

Oh incase there is some confusion my Nick on CH is Thelonious...
(original link) (http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1530&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60 )

Zeldor.
05-19-2006, 01:14 PM
nagas=lizardmen

berntie
05-19-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't agree about the creatures you proposed:

Behemoths and Dwarves/Nagas don't seem to go together. And don't distribute golems among factions. If more golems should be included, they should be neutral (like in HIII).

Also, one (1!) kind of dwarf is definitely enough. There are already enough "duplicated" creatures in the game (blood maiden/shadow witch etc.)

Punchers, and animations don't fit in, too. And "boar" creatures belong to a barbarian town (which will probably never make into HV).

pavel44
05-20-2006, 05:28 PM
BTW, those are some horrible names for units especially Puncher/Choper, Digger Golem

not a bad faction I guess, especially Alchemists

SirMonty
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Maybe dwarves, but more importantly, FORTRESS/LIZARDMEN with basilisks and wyverns and lizardman archers and all that good stuff.

Dwarves would be cooler if they had like crazy inventions like maybe cannons, just a thought.

Shadhun
05-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Learn to cut quoted text. Please.

DarkMystery1979
05-20-2006, 09:09 PM
how about another necropolis? this time with raise lich necromancy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Black_bd_Knight
05-20-2006, 11:20 PM
WTF is this!!!
behemoth with dwarfs???? you noob! the behemoth will eat them! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
in the expansion we can have Fortress, Stronghold and Tower! ofcorse the Stronghold will be in expansion, they must do it!!!
(for Stronghold town vote here yes, i write all what this castle have, abiblitis come in and vote and reply!!!)
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/3111096034
i dont want to do alot of things but here is the mosnters: (not of Stronghold, the mosnters of stronghold write in the link i pot!!!)

Fortress-
race: Swamp creatures or Cold blood creatures...
Creatures:
Level 1-
Gnoll ---> Gnoll Maradeur

Level 2-
Lizardman ---> Lizard Warrior

Level 3-
Serpent Fly ---> Dragon Fly

Level 4-
Basilisk ---> Greater Basilisk

Level 5-
Gorgon ---> Mighty Gorgon

Level 6-
Wyvern ---> Wyvern Monarch

Level 7-
Monster Turtle ---> Dragon Turtle

Hero: can ride a Swamp Hipo

Tower-
race: Creatures that can live in cole
Creatures:
Level 1-
Hobbit ---> Hobbit Archer

Level 2-
Dwarf ---> Dwarf King

Level 3-
Snow Man ---> Ice Man

Level 4-
Naga ---> Naga Queen

Level 5-
Roc ---> Thunderbird

Level 6-
Yeti ---> Gaint Yeti

Level 7-
Blue Dragon ---> Ice Dragon

Hero: can ride a Mamuta

dont forgett to visit the link of Stronghold and read what i wrote! and ofcourse vote yes!!!!!!

Revnger
05-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Level 1 Barbarian - Barbarian Axeman (walker / upgrade is shooter)

Level 2 Wolf - Direwolf (walker, fast, Direwolf has breath attack that damages two enemies in line)

Levle 3
Barbarian Mystic - Barbarian Shaman
(magic user - casts cold based spells as well as some beneficial)

Level 4
Yetti - Tundra Yetti (walker with a freeze attack that does damage and freezes enemy in place)

Level 5
Valkyrie - Valkyrie Maiden (flyer - resurrects levels 1, 3 and 6 mobs)

Level 6
Thunder Channeler - Thunder Lord (Shooter - throws a hammer, Thunder Lord can direct it to as many enemies as desired on its return to him as long as each is closer to him than the last, each subsequent enemy takes 1/2 damage)

Level 7
White Dragon - Ice Dragon (flyer - immune to cold, Cold Breath damages 2 enemies)

make it so Ubisoft ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Black_bd_Knight
05-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Revnger:
Level 1 Barbarian - Barbarian Axeman (walker / upgrade is shooter)

Level 2 Wolf - Direwolf (walker, fast, Direwolf has breath attack that damages two enemies in line)

Levle 3
Barbarian Mystic - Barbarian Shaman
(magic user - casts cold based spells as well as some beneficial)

Level 4
Yetti - Tundra Yetti (walker with a freeze attack that does damage and freezes enemy in place)

Level 5

Level 6
Thunder Channeler - Thunder Lord (Shooter - throws a hammer, Thunder Lord can direct it to as many enemies as desired on its return to him as long as each is closer to him than the last, each subsequent enemy takes 1/2 damage)

Level 7
White Dragon - Ice Dragon (flyer - immune to cold, Cold Breath damages 2 enemies)

WTF!!!!!!! you noob!
what is this creatures you wrote????? ah?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think my ideas are better and we dont need to put all creatures in one castle, we need more castles we got just 6 creatures!

pavel44
05-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Tower-
Creatures:
Level 1-

Level 2-
Dwarf ---> Dwarf King

Level 3-
Snow Man ---> Ice Man

Level 4-
Naga ---> Naga Queen

Level 5-
Roc ---> Thunderbird

Level 6-
Yeti ---> Gaint Yeti

Level 7-

1. Halflings, not Hobbits and they use slings, their arms are too short to use bows.

2. Dwarf King? There has to be a better name

3. Snow Man is the same thing as Yeti

4. Enough with the Dragons I am sick of them already.

5. What the hell is Mamuta? You mean Mammoth?

6. Mammoth Riders and Behemoths would fit here nicely

7. Nagas don't really make sense because they are cold blooded and can't live in the cold climate, they would fit Fortress better.

pavel44
05-21-2006, 12:46 AM
here are a list of units I want to make it:

Elephants/Mammoths, Behemoths, Turtles, Sphynx, Manticore, Beholder, Medusa, Naga, at least 1 mechanical unit, Ogre, Troll, Dwarf Firstborn/Runemaster, Lizard Men, Goblin, Roc/Thunderbird, Troglodyte, Efreet, Centaur, Cyclops, Dragon Fly, Basilisk, Gorgons, Doom Bats, Gnome Illusionist/Engineer, Leprechaun, Chariots.

possibly: Wyverns, Gnolls, Pegasus, Mummy, Harpy

No more dragons they are boring as hell, in fact replace Emerald/Green Dragon with some original unit.

KingImp
05-21-2006, 01:20 AM
This was my proposal for the snow-based faction.

Himaliya
--------

Level 1: Halfling / Frostling
Level 2: Dwarf / Dwarven Warrior
Level 3: Novice Alchemist / Master Alchemist
Level 4: Enchanter / White Wizard
Level 5: Valkyrie / Thrud (daughter of Thor)
Level 6: Yeti / Frost Giant
Level 7: Water Drake / Ice Drake

Tumorco1
05-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Actually, the tower EXISTS AS the academy...

The only 2 logical factions we can have the expansion is a Stronghold-orc-barbarian army and a Great Dwarf army...

pavel44
05-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Tumorco1:
Actually, the tower EXISTS AS the academy...

The only 2 logical factions we can have the expansion is a Stronghold-orc-barbarian army and a Great Dwarf army...

why is Fortress NOT logical?

Tumorco1
05-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Well, is logical but less popular than orcs or dwarves.

Black_bd_Knight
05-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Well, is logical but less popular than orcs or dwarves.

he is rite...
but what do you want from me??? i am for israel so my english bad......
and the fortress and the tower was just sgistion.......... and i think that the game need more dragon, he got just 3... more 1 will not be bad, and snowman and yeti isnt the same!
yeti is big like behemoth with long teeth but he is lower in attack and lower in def, behemoth better than them!
and why all of you think that the behemoth need to be in the tower with the yeti, they need to be with the orcs in Stronghold? why to destroy nice tradition!??? ah!!!!!????
and the snowman: he look like golem but he is snow and ice (not copy of the golem but the same idea)

ok, so i think my idea is better then yours pavel44!
and if you want behemoth vote here yes and reply here:

Nightwind2006
05-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Hell no!
Your all wrong! :P
It would be So much cooler with something new,
like, ehhm, like en egypt thing, or something...

Black_bd_Knight
05-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Nightwind2006:
Hell no!

no no no no no!
1) we need to keep tradation of all the HOMM1-4: to have the Stronghold town!!!!!!! vote here yes: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/3111096034
2)the Fortress and the tower ideas of mine are good! we can have them in next expansion! (we got just 6 castles, with Stronghold 7 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Nightwind2006
05-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Black_bd_Knight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nightwind2006:
Hell no!

no no no no no!
1) we need to keep tradation of all the HOMM1-4: to have the Stronghold town!!!!!!! vote here yes: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/3111096034
2)the Fortress and the tower ideas of mine are good! we can have them in next expansion! (we got just 6 castles, with Stronghold 7 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?!
Stronghold is like the most fantasyless town ever.
I always hated it.
There is still one thing i miss from HOMM3...
The Black Knights!!!
Put them back in necropolis,
i loveeeed them... Pleaaaase.

There are a lot of thing i don't like...
Like Stronghold and the look of the gargoyles...
I want a new town!

Oakwarrior
05-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Frostling Warrior/Frostling Raider (Something like snow goblins, only friendlier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif , they use a bow for ranged and a shortsword for melee and have No Melee Penalty, and have only 2 shots without an Ammo Cart)
Dwarven Defender/Dwarven Berserker (Unupgraded is a defensive unit, upgraded is a highly offensive unit)
Spearthrower/Javelineer (Another one of those Frostlings again, throws spears for medium damage)
Cleric/War Priest (Clad in mithril, these casters can cast Endurance, and Stone Spikes (or whatever that was), they wear a long ceremonial kilt, a mithril breastplate and a staff, they fight as melee units).
Defender/Guardian (Highly able melee unit)
Yeti/Frost Giant or Hill Giant/Frost Giant
White Dragon/Silver Dragon or Roc/Thunderbird (kinda like a lighting Phoenix) or F/P. Don't ask what F is and what P is. You know well enough!

Hero travels on foot, has a full mithril plate mail, a nice team-colored cloak, and an open-faced helmet. He uses a bastard sword to strike his enemies, and carries a tower shield for additional protection (actually just to look cool). He's called an Eldritch Knight (since we have Eldritch instead of the word Magic now). He is vell versed in the arts of defence, and he has limited knowledge in the arcane.

Black_bd_Knight
05-21-2006, 07:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_bd_Knight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nightwind2006:
Hell no!

no no no no no!
2)the Fortress and the tower ideas of mine are good! we can have them in next expansion! (we got just 6 castles, with Stronghold 7 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?!
Stronghold is like the most fantasyless town ever.
I always hated it.
There is still one thing i miss from HOMM3...
The Black Knights!!!
Put them back in necropolis,
i loveeeed them... Pleaaaase.

There are a lot of thing i don't like...
Like Stronghold and the look of the gargoyles...
I want a new town! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you dont like the Stronghold... you need a new brain...
and about the Black Knights.... those black knights are in the game in nutral... and they need to be in nutral beacuse they are paladins that serch there head... like the old stroys about them and i think the warth is grait (just need to be more strong)
and Stroghold is the bset and favorite and strong town ever!

Tumorco1
05-21-2006, 09:39 AM
The PERFECT expansion would have an Orc and a Dwarf army... 8 TOWNS AGAIN!!!!

Revnger
05-21-2006, 10:01 AM
I disliked both Stronghold and Fortress in H3, perhaps it was because of lvl 7 unit zergability. I really enjoyed having expert air and earth magics, town portal and Dimension Door and a stack of Archangles, Black or Gold dragons. That was like half the game.

However, I also would want to see two new towns, maybe both kinda neutralish, one a "snow" town and one an underground town, a conglomeration of dwarves / gnomes. Have them be arch enemies. Key is, give us an exciting playable level 7 unit.

Ohh, nah, we don't need 9 levels of units, what the heck we going to do with all those units? 7 is good.

Infiltrator-SF
05-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I would really like the Fortress, and Swamp terrain, I loved the swampy areas best in Previous Heroes series.

Oakwarrior
05-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Fortress. Yeah... Mmmmmm...

Plemenit
05-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I think Dwarves should have Gorgons (not the cows from H3, but the real Gorgons) as their level 7 units. Petrification is so mighty it should be a high level ability.

Level 7

Wow, you are so imaginative. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
You just get more amazing with each suggestion.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Hmm.. I wonder what's next. Kinky dragon, Swimming dragon? Let's bring it on; we want every single unit to be a dragon! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Tumorco1
05-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Why not? The White Dragons is a tipical fantasy creature. If the dwarfs live on the north why they cant recruit them? I think that is a GREAT IDEA.

Nival: We want AN ORC AND A DWARF ARMY. THE EXPANSION MUST MUST MUST HAVE BOTH!!!!

pavel44
05-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Hell no!

I wouldn't mind Egyptian theme, the more factions they add the better for me. I am not one of those that only plays with one faction all the time.

Kelgadrian
05-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I have an idea for a snow Dwarf faction:

Forge
-----

Level 1: Crow/Giant Crow --> no melee penalty
Level 2: Wolf/Artic Wolf --> strikes twice
Level 3: Dwarf/Battle Dwarf --> magic resistance
Level 4: Cannon (shooter)/Flying Cannon (triple shot, similar to a airship) --> very slow, but can damage walls
Level 5: Cloudbird/Thunderbird --> confusion/lightning atack
Level 6: Giant/Frost Giant --> freeze atack
Level 7: Silver Spider/Mithril Spider --> like the Dragon Golem, a dwarven construction, first strike

The White/Silver/Ice Dragon is nice, but already have many dragons in the game.

Revnger
05-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Plemenit:
I think Dwarves should have Gorgons (not the cows from H3, but the real Gorgons) as their level 7 units. Petrification is so mighty it should be a high level ability.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Revnger:

Level 7

Wow, you are so imaginative. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
You just get more amazing with each suggestion.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Hmm.. I wonder what's next. Kinky dragon, Swimming dragon? Let's bring it on; we want every single unit to be a dragon! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Phleminit,

Taking one creature out of context and then calling it "unimaginitive" is pretty lame, what do you think about my level 5 and 6 units? Both of which I think are extremely imaginative and would be alot of fun/challenging to play.

Level 5

Level 6

Mr.Eiki
05-21-2006, 01:33 PM
i liked the spider level 7 creature....fresh air from all the humanoid and dragons level 7 creatures http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Black_bd_Knight
05-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Plemenit:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Revnger:

Level 7

You just get more amazing with each suggestion.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Hmm.. I wonder what's next. Kinky dragon, Swimming dragon? Let's bring it on; we want every single unit to be a dragon! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STFU.......
why every body sad that my ideas suks ah?????
in HOMM3 the game had 7-10 dragons and all of you love it but when i sugest to have more 1 dragon (we got just 2) you sad my idea suks and that every body need to be a dragon!

and maybe we can break the tradition of numbers of castles and have 9 castles!
1) Stronghold!!!
2) Fortress!!
3) Tower!

I am for Stronghold, she must comeback!!! from HOMM1-4 she in the game, why we cant have nice game with good tradition! of corse every version need cahnges so i change things! look at my poll! http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/3111096034

plz vote yes for Stronghold!

Tumorco1
05-21-2006, 02:03 PM
The "Tower" is the dwarf army? I think that a "tower" isn´t very logical... Maybe a "subterranean hall", i dont know.

I like dragons and the game actually only have two tipe of dragons, green and black. Yes, we have esmerald dragons but there are already green and shadow dragons but there are already black. I think that a Great White Dragon in the Dwarf faction would be very, very, very cool...

Oakwarrior
05-21-2006, 02:15 PM
And a Silver one as an upgrade would be even better.

Revnger
05-21-2006, 02:21 PM
LOL well, the necro lovers don't want any more Dragons because they have a breath attack so they can stand a tile off the skellies and damage the skellies through the blocking army without getting retaliated on by the 5K skels.

Keep in mind, every single post these maniacs make is 100% determined by "what is best for necro" while the rest of us like "the game" and talk about different fun things to have in it, these guys are just hardcore necro, it's all that matters to them and they judge every opinion and post by how it will effect necro.

Tumorco1
05-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Eeeeeh... i´m one of these "Necro lovers" AND i like the idea of have more dragons...

Revnger
05-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, it's not your fault you aren't psychotic, I am sure the other necros won;t hold it agaonst you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

FirstAidTent
05-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Well, it's not your fault you aren't psychotic, I am sure the other necros won;t hold it agaonst you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Yeah! Let's remove the Necro faction so that Revnger can be happy!

FirstAidTent
05-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_bd_Knight:
STFU.......
why every body sad that my ideas suks ah?????

Er... Hazarding a guess... maybe it does?

Black_bd_Knight
05-21-2006, 10:39 PM
The "Tower" is the dwarf army? I think that a "tower" isn´t very logical... Maybe a "subterranean hall", i dont know.

I like dragons and the game actually only have two tipe of dragons, green and black. Yes, we have esmerald dragons but there are already green and shadow dragons but there are already black. I think that a Great White Dragon in the Dwarf faction would be very, very, very cool...

thats what i sad! we got just 2 dragons... (and the green and emerald are so ugly...)
I think my idea of the creatures is good!!!
dwarfs the "King" creatures of this castle, use as slvas the yeti (that look like gaint snow man with long teeth and long big hands) and use the dragons in the army!
i think my idea better that yours:
Tower-
Creatures:
Level 1-

Level 2-
Snow Man ---> Ice Man

Level 3-
Dwarf ---> Dwarf King

Level 4-
Naga ---> Naga Queen

Level 5-
Roc ---> Thunderbird

Level 6-
Yeti ---> Gaint Yeti

Level 7-

(the naga allways be on the Tower... and i think this is nice tradition, this is snake woman that can live in cold temp')

phoenix_reb1973
05-21-2006, 11:25 PM
I would prefer Disciples-like Dwarven faction without dragons , their quantity is ok already . Perhaps , like this :

1 Warrior / Veteran ( melee)

2 Rune shaman / Rune master ( caster )

3 Axethrower / Firethrower ( shooter )

4 Roc / Thunderbird ( flying )

5 Hill giant / Rock Giant ( melee )

6 Elder / High Elder ( melee )

7 Valkirie / Furious Valkirie ( flying )

Tumorco1
05-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Well , this is my own dwarf faction:

Halfing/ Halfing fighter (ranged)

Dwarf Warrior/ Dwarf veteran (melee)

Dwarf Shaman/ Dwarf runemaster (caster)

White bear/ Great bear (melee)

Charioteer/ Expert Charioteer (cavalry)

Valkirie/ Ancient Valkire (flier)

Cold Dragon/ White Dragon (flier)

Tumorco1
05-22-2006, 04:09 AM

Black_bd_Knight
05-22-2006, 05:05 AM

the idea of the bear is good, i love it, i remove the ice-snow man from my list!

now its this:
Level 1-
Halfing ---> Halfing Rnager (walker) (archer, shoot roks)

Level 2-
Naga ---> Naga Queen (walker) (archer, ice bow)

Level 3-
Dwarf ---> Dwarf King (walker) (hit with 2 handed axe)

Level 4-
White Bear ---> Great Bear (walker) (hit with his hands)

Level 5-
Roc ---> Thunderbird (flyer) (bite and then maybe a light can hit you...)

Level 6-
Yeti ---> Gaint Yeti (walker) (hit with his hands)

Level 7-
Blue Dragon ---> Ice Dragon (flyer) (ice breath)

markusvladivar
05-22-2006, 07:24 AM
i think we can expect the dwarf faction to take after RA Salvatore's dwarfs, much like what has been done to the dungeon faction. As we are lacking a might town this would make sense as the dwarfs and barbarians would be allies. heres my line up
lvl 1 Dwarf / Dwarven Warrior (Melee maybe with shield ability)
lvl 2 Boar Rider / Tusk Raider (Melee)

lvl 3 Gnome Sapper / Gnome Alchemist (Throw Explosives)

lvl 4 Axe Thrower / Axe Berserker (shooter)

lvl 5 Barbarian Warrior / Barbarian Champion (Melee w/ lower defense and no retaliate)

lvl 6 Dwarven Eagle Rider / Dwarven Sky Rider (Strike + Return)

lvl 7 Dwarf Steam Tank / Dwarven Dreadnought
(3 hex ram attack + fire cannon ability)

elfen_lied
05-22-2006, 07:37 AM
I would be happy with:

Expansion 1:

Dwarf town, snow theme
Orcish barbarian town, rocky and cracked land

a new magic school

3 more spells for each existing school

6 new neutrals

some artifacts.

2nd expansion:

Naga town, aquatic theme, blue water not swamplike like the fortress. (according to the story ashan's naga worship the dragon of water, so I guess the homm5 version will be much closer to warcraft than homm3)

a new hero type for each castle, with their own racial specialities, and the buildings that supports them. In the beta the dungeon or inferno had buildings supposed to "support 2nd racial speciliaty", such as spycraft for dungeon. Maybe the idea has been kept for an expansion.

6 neutrals, artifacts.

But I think i'm dreaming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

would be nice to end with 9 towns though.

markusvladivar
05-22-2006, 07:40 AM
i think we can definately expect the dwarf and naga factions not only cuz its hinted in the history of the new game but also because it brings in something new. the nagas would properbly be water alined so id like to see there faction line up something like this

lvl 1 Lizard Men / Lizard Warriors (shooter)

lvl 2 Mermaid / Siren (Melee with Song of peace or forgetfulness spells)

lvl 3 Sea Hag / Sea Witch (Shooter/caster with lightning and haste spells)

lvl 4 Sea Crab / Giant Crab (Melee with no retaliation)

lvl 5 Giant / Cyclops (Upgrade gives rock throw, otherwise melee)

lvl 6 Naga / Naga Queen (no retaliation)

lvl 7 Sea Serpent / Leviathon (tidal wave attack, ice/lightning immunity)

elfen_lied
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by markusvladivar:
i think we can definately expect the dwarf and naga factions not only cuz its hinted in the history of the new game but also because it brings in something new.

They are not new but orcs are also hinted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

467-504 YSD: The Orc Crusades
Orcish rebellion in the Seven Cities, which spreads to Haven.
Rejecting their masters and the Dragon Gods, the Orcs declare themselves free.
In the Falcon Empire, Crusades are declared against the Orcs €" attempts to subjugate them and convert them back to dragon worship. The fighting is brutal, and the Orcs are relentlessly driven back. Eventually, the unrepentant survivors flee wherever they can, including the deserts of the south, the steppes of the north-east and the Barrier Islands of the east, A great storm sinks the Haven fleet that was prepared to follow the Orcs to their island refuge. The Falcon Emperor declares this a sign from the Dragons, and formally ends the Orcish Crusades.

They haven't been seen since 400 years, they could make a comeback to avenge their ancestors.

markusvladivar
05-22-2006, 08:31 AM
if there is an orc town then it will be the ninth one but i stil think that the dwarfs will embody the might town, and the orcs more along the lines of shaman magics. it depends on if they decide to stick with a more traditional town or a new style so heres my rough line up of orcs
Traditional:
lvl 1 Goblin / Hobgoblin
lvl 2 Wolf Rider / Wolf Raider
lvl 3 Orc / Orc Axemen
lvl 4 Ogre / Ogre Shaman
lvl 5 Giant / Mountain Giant
lvl 6 Wyvern / Rock Wyvern
lvl 7 Behemoth / Great Behemoth

or new approach:

lvl 1 Goblin / Goblin Bowmen (shooter)

lvl 2 Wolf Rider / Wolf Raider (2 attacks)

lvl 3 Orc Warrior / Orc Berserker (multi hex rage attack)

lvl 4 Goblin Rocket / Goblin Fire Slinger
(Fireball attack, no melee threat (can shoot even when enemy next to it)

lvl 5 Troll Shaman / High Shaman (Shooter/Caster, summon wolf, earthquake, lightning)

lvl 6 Wyvern / Wyvern Rider (Melee, can combine with orcs for upgrade and can unload its orc riders on attack to form two seperate stacks)

lvl 7 Giant / Mountain Giant
(Melee, Can throw Orc stack anywhere on battlefield + over castle wall)

Black_bd_Knight
05-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by markusvladivar:
if there is an orc town then it will be the ninth one but i stil think that the dwarfs will embody the might town, and the orcs more along the lines of shaman magics. it depends on if they decide to stick with a more traditional town or a new style so heres my rough line up of orcs
Traditional:
lvl 1 Goblin / Hobgoblin
lvl 2 Wolf Rider / Wolf Raider
lvl 3 Orc / Orc Axemen
lvl 4 Ogre / Ogre Shaman
lvl 5 Giant / Mountain Giant
lvl 6 Wyvern / Rock Wyvern
lvl 7 Behemoth / Great Behemoth

or new approach:

lvl 1 Goblin / Goblin Bowmen (shooter)

lvl 2 Wolf Rider / Wolf Raider (2 attacks)

lvl 3 Orc Warrior / Orc Berserker (multi hex rage attack)

lvl 4 Goblin Rocket / Goblin Fire Slinger
(Fireball attack, no melee threat (can shoot even when enemy next to it)

lvl 5 Troll Shaman / High Shaman (Shooter/Caster, summon wolf, earthquake, lightning)

lvl 6 Wyvern / Wyvern Rider (Melee, can combine with orcs for upgrade and can unload its orc riders on attack to form two seperate stacks)

lvl 7 Giant / Mountain Giant
(Melee, Can throw Orc stack anywhere on battlefield + over castle wall)

/\
What the **** is this idea supose to mean! you want Stronghold, come and read all the pages and vote yes here!:
my idea is super duper better than yours...

markusvladivar
05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
so you keep saying on all your whiney posts at anyone whos ideas differ from yours, you post all over the forums about voting for a stronghold and if it aint bad enuff reading about you moaning, you also moan at anyone who has a different opinion. post an opinion sure fine, but repetitively complain...grow up.
The new history for heros makes it pretty clear that the next two towns are dwarfs and nagas, but maybe a 2nd add on will come for an orc town. if the dwarfs are a definate add on then it makes sense for them to be a might town

Oakwarrior
05-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Errr... Are all of your 111 posts about that? I'm beginning to question your sanity... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Tumorco1
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I definetely want a stronghold and a dwarf army with a Great White Dragon...

But i hate the idea of Nagas. I dont like this creatures and they are not enough popular to have a castle...

Please, NOT NAGAS! I prefer fortress with lizardmen than nagas.

Black_bd_Knight
05-22-2006, 10:37 PM
I definetely want a stronghold and a dwarf army with a Great White Dragon...

But i hate the idea of Nagas. I dont like this creatures and they are not enough popular to have a castle...

Please, NOT NAGAS! I prefer fortress with lizardmen than nagas.

but you prefer Stronghold thrist in the expansion rite?

Revnger
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by FirstAidTent:
Yeah! Let's remove the Necro faction so that Revnger can be happy!

LOL, no need for that, I am cool with the necro faction, but dam it just drives me crazy that some people just love this faction so much that they put blinders on to the rest of the game and just LIVE for necro, necro necro, it's all necro!! I mean, be passionate, love it, write about it, talk about it, but don't immerse yourself so far into this one faction that you lose touch with reality and start creating your own.

H5forem
05-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by phoenix_reb1973:
I would prefer Disciples-like Dwarven faction without dragons , their quantity is ok already . Perhaps , like this :

1 Warrior / Veteran ( melee)

2 Rune shaman / Rune master ( caster )

3 Axethrower / Firethrower ( shooter )

4 Roc / Thunderbird ( flying )

5 Hill giant / Rock Giant ( melee )

6 Elder / High Elder ( melee )

7 Valkirie / Furious Valkirie ( flying )
What do you think about my changes?

1 Halfling / Gigant Slayer ( ranged, [+6 attack against level7] )

2 Warrior / Veteran ( melee )

3 Rune Shaman / Rune Master ( melee, cast: cleansing, deflect missile )

4 Axethrower / Firethrower ( shooter, cast fireball )

5 Wolf Warrior / Wolf Spirit ( melee ]

6 Valkyrie / Furious Valkyrie (flying, ice rain [like the cerberus 3head attack])

7 Rock Giant / Ice Giant ( melee, frostbite )

P.S.
Reason I switch valkyrie with gigant: for diversity... right now is no level 6 flyer and no level 7 walker( just colossus but he is unupgraded), level 5 you know the creature from D2, and some winter halflings fit well in this snow related faction...

Revnger
05-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I rarely played Stronghold or Fortress, in big part because their lvl 7s were walkers.

Tumorco1
05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
But Please, Include the White Dragon! The White Dragon is a great idea!

H5forem
05-23-2006, 08:44 AM
But Please, Include the White Dragon! The White Dragon is a great idea!
Too many dragons...

Tumorco1
05-23-2006, 11:00 AM
You dont like dragons? I LOVE THEM!

And the game HAVENT too many dragons... Only have (i repeat) 2 tipe of dragons, green and black (the esmerald is already green and the shadow is already black)... Where are the Gold dragon, the Red dragon, THE WHITE dragon...?
And the undead dragons dont count. The skeletons dont count as "humans".

I want to see more tipe of Dragons... In this new universe they are important!!! They are SONS of GODS!!!

Revnger
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by H5forem:
Too many dragons...

There is no such thing as too many dragons, well, unless they're in the other guys army. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

H5forem
05-23-2006, 01:16 PM
You dont like dragons? I LOVE THEM!

And the game HAVENT too many dragons... Only have (i repeat) 2 tipe of dragons, green and black (the esmerald is already green and the shadow is already black)... Where are the Gold dragon, the Red dragon, THE WHITE dragon...?
And the undead dragons dont count. The skeletons dont count as "humans".

I want to see more tipe of Dragons... In this new universe they are important!!! They are SONS of GODS!!!
and the necro-dragon... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

half of level 7 - dragons... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Lordofthefood1
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
and maybe we can break the tradition of numbers of castles and have 9 castles!
there were 9 castles in heroes 3 (#9 is conflux)

troglodytewiz
05-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by berntie:
I don't agree about the creatures you proposed:

Behemoths and Dwarves/Nagas don't seem to go together. And don't distribute golems among factions. If more golems should be included, they should be neutral (like in HIII).

Punchers, and animations don't fit in, too. And "boar" creatures belong to a barbarian town (which will probably never make into HV).

You might have mis understood the idea of Digger Golem, see it more as the Dragon Golem, but a little different. Also Animations (they way I thought they would be) would consist out of a few limbs made of various materials held together by magic.

Also I tried (with the Behemoth - I think it fits in mountain area's) to make it a blend of Alchemy and Barbaric.

coolfunkytown
05-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Hello Guys!

I agree with guys who say the Two new factions could be STRONGHOLD (Orcs) And MOUNTAIN HALLS Dwarfs. Thats one evil and one good faction which makes perfect sense. Orcs and Dwarfs are two classic fantasy races, who in my mind both are great. In HommIII the Fortress race sucked like hell, so keep them out of the picture.

On the map with the Collectors Edition there are three named cities. Namely Tor Myrdal, Stonehelm and Karthal. Tor Myrdal is definetely a Dwarf city, and Stonehelm looks like stronghold. I don't know about Karthal, but maybe thats Fortress (what a shame!).

P.S.

Tor Myrdal is a Norwegian first- and surname for a person. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

coolfunkytown
05-25-2006, 07:37 PM
tipe

What the F--- is this. Tipe. Are you talking about indians. A tipi or what. Maybe you are talking about Type as in different sorts...