PDA

View Full Version : Ship names with SH3?

MarkSynthesis
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm running SH3 Commander with GWX, and yet, for the past few patrols, I haven't been given ship names in my patrol logs.

Is there some way to correct this? The option is enabled in SH3 Commander.

DrMilton
02-06-2007, 08:48 PM
The names are supposed to appear in the patrol log and your SH3Cmdr personnel file AFTER you have saved and exited the game. So you can see them in base before leaving for the next patrol.

MarkSynthesis
02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I do exit out between patrols, but for some reason, it isn't updating the record with names.

DrMilton
02-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Do you always start the game through SH3Cmdr? If that doesn't cut it either maybe you can find the answer in Cmdr's help file. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MarkSynthesis
02-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Checked up the Help file....no mention of potential glitches in it or the FAQ.

Since I always start up SH3 through the use of SH3 Commander, I imagine this is caused by a compatibility error with GWX (new ship types). Though I wonder why it was able to name ships for a long time, then only suddenly cut out.

Minoos
02-07-2007, 08:22 AM
You could double check SH3 commander setting in the ini file:
C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander\SH3Cmdr.ini . There sould be a line set to RealShipNames=1, in the [SETTINGS] group.
Make sure that you are running version 2.7 of SH3commander ( use the updates/about link within the program ).

Any time you update your personal file, ship names should be applied.

MarkSynthesis
02-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Minoos:
You could double check SH3 commander setting in the ini file:
C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander\SH3Cmdr.ini . There sould be a line set to RealShipNames=1, in the [SETTINGS] group.
Make sure that you are running version 2.7 of SH3commander ( use the updates/about link within the program ).

Updating my personnel file did it, Minoos, many thanks. I went ahead and updated to 2.7 as well, as a precaution.

Now, if I could just figure out what happened to those two large tankers I sank towards the end of my mission, I'd be all set. Hate to loose that tonnage.

Any time you update your personal file, ship names should be applied.

Ah, that did the trick, thanks Minoos. I went ahead and updated to 2.7 as well, just in case. Now, if I could just find out what happened to those two large tankers I sank towards the end of my mission....hate to loose that tonnage because of another bug.

GoldenEagle8
02-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi, Sorry to come in on your thread, butI can't get it to work in game, I only see the ship names in my personal file, not in the captains log in game, hor do I get that to work. I have tried starting through SH3 Cmdr.