PDA

View Full Version : ONLINE MODE IN THE NEXT DRIVER GAME

Driver-4.com
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Check out the last news at Driver-4.com, click here (http://www.driver-4.com) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

JacksonL2007
01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Whats wrong with the site, the different sections on the home page are all out of place

Driver-4.com
01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeh I planed to close everything and then I discovered this thing with the online mode, and the only things that I still have are the main page, the site ACP and the board lol

I'm gonna fix up everything, then people can post their wishes for the next Driver in the different sections

FutureVenturer
02-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I hope that the online will be done well. If it's nothing special at all, it won't be of much interest to me.

InsaneDriver06
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Driver 4 in 2009 seems most likely, since there weren't any announcements, but I think we'll hear about it at the E3 show during the summer.

Online would attract a lot more sales, so it's a smart move if it happens. Just make the single player experience just as worthwhile, with access to all locations, not just ONLINE ONLY locations, which become unplayable years later when the servers are removed.

DriverKid
02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd like a massive online kinda of thing, like Test Drive Unlimited, but with less loosing people you were playing with if you did almost anything. I'd also like to see somwthing like in TDU, where when you pause, your car stops in place, your non-solid and get a paused thing by your gamertag.

FutureVenturer
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
Driver 4 in 2009 seems most likely, since there weren't any announcements, but I think we'll hear about it at the E3 show during the summer.

Online would attract a lot more sales, so it's a smart move if it happens. Just make the single player experience just as worthwhile, with access to all locations, not just ONLINE ONLY locations, which become unplayable years later when the servers are removed.
I agree. Multiplayer must be both online & offline to be enjoyed for years to come. Therefore, Driver, should it use multiplayer, must have it both online and offline.

InsaneDriver06
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM
If I get a better connection, I'd play DSF online. I hope the online map is just as big as the offline map, so we get a TDU "world" to explore, instead of little sections cut out like Red Dead Redemption did, disappointing fans.

Of course, Fuel made their total map accessible online, but I read it was actually "too big" for other gamers to find each other fast enough. Poor online interaction options didn't help Fuel.

I hope Reflections has plenty of fun games to play online, but also offers the same games offline with the AI. So no one's left out.

J_Frumpleberg
09-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't mind a huge city to play online in. Sure, it may take a while to find the other drivers, but it'd be cool when you did stumble across them, imagine combing police chases! 8 cars running from the law, with the entire police force behind you.

InsaneDriver06
09-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Access to the entire city from the start would be a wise choice by Reflections for online. Then again, others will argue for a more intense experience, close quarters are better, within a restricted zone of travel. (Like the DPL demo).

Offline, I read sections need to be unlocked.

J_Frumpleberg
09-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I like having the whole city at my disposal from day one, but I guess it'd give more incentive to do the missions. As for online, they could have the city split into smaller sections and we could add sections together, even have the whole city

As long as Driver NEVER has a cell phone thats ringing constantly in free roam, people asking you to play darts, etc. If they want to add friends abilities, give it to us by beating real missions, not having to do this silly side BS like GTA4

brok2
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't really mind either way. Even if the city is open from the start I might go on a bit of an exploration binge but most of the time I'd just stick to the mission area. Then again if take a ride is included then, yeah, it better be all open.

Also if it was unlocked gradually but had everywhee unlocked for multiplayer, it's give the player more incentive to get through singleplayer to unlock the other areas and get the lay of the land to get the edge in multiplayer.

J_Frumpleberg
09-24-2010, 06:45 AM
I wonder if they'll have co-op missions, it'd have to be a seperate mode

InsaneDriver06
09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
I think in Play Gamer magazine it said "areas have to be unlocked" in single player.

Was it like that in DPL? I know the 2006 era needed unlocking, but not the city.

Frumpleberg, have you been able to connect online with the PS3? I read on PS3's site a lot of people are having trouble connecting for some reason or other.

J_Frumpleberg
09-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I haven't even tried getting online yet, and the last time I was prompted to download updates for any games was a few weeks ago. I haven't played online because I have to download a new browser version, and I don't feel like waiting on it.

Also, my friend Mike said they just upgraded the browser again, so maybe the new update has a glitch. He's been trying to get me to accept his friend request, but I'm too impatient for downloads, especially since the only time I turn it on is when I really want to play something