PDA

View Full Version : new campaign for Huricane

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 12:48 AM
I've just uploaded my new mini campaign to mudmovers.........and sim-outhouse

it will probably be ready for downloading later today or tomorrow.......

just long enough to kill the time until the PATCH comes.......12 missions

It's for the Hurricane and is based on my single mission 'Scramble'

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it

'loon'

Message Edited on 07/30/0303:15PM by fabianfred

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 12:48 AM
I've just uploaded my new mini campaign to mudmovers.........and sim-outhouse

it will probably be ready for downloading later today or tomorrow.......

just long enough to kill the time until the PATCH comes.......12 missions

It's for the Hurricane and is based on my single mission 'Scramble'

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it

'loon'

Message Edited on 07/30/0303:15PM by fabianfred

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 08:31 AM
oi, so you're the one who developed it...damn good work!! Only 1 thing....I finished the second mission (where we had to scramble to stop ME109's which had ME110 name tags, but never mind) and got about 4 kills (woo hoo) when the conclusion screen said either:
1. save track
2. main menu

ie. no save or anything button (indicating that the campaign continued). is it just me or should it go further?

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 10:49 AM
as I said in the read me file. the primary target is achieved my landing and parking in the park at the Eastern end of the runway....
unless you have 'auto mission achieved' switched on in the Difficulties settings. (and provided you aren't killed)

If you do that you can even Escape before take-off and get the green button to go on to the next mission

The first mission has your field attacked by 109's just after take-off, then 110's and stukas later.........mission 2 has 110's and 109's

any questions let me know...hope you enjoy

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Cheers fabianfred, nice work with all the added detail! I'm just up to the Stuka attack on the radar stations and busy getting my a$$ nailed trying to stop them (yeah right!).
Bit much going on for my lower end 'puter but still playable...keep it up!

Cheers

Esq.

"Fightin' Kiwis"

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/n/nz_fighk.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm running XP Pro on an AmD Athlon 2200+ (1800mhz.)
1 gig Ram on Asus board but my GF4 MX440 128mb is the weak spot...............
I often have to go to half speed when it gets too busy.................. eg. in amongst the bombers in the first mission

have fun................ 'loon'

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Archie_Smythe wrote:
- This looks like a great campaign. Can it be used as
- an online co-op ? I'm a bit of a techno-dunce so
- explain carefulyy please .

I've copied this question from another post which Archie_Smythe intended to appear within this thread.

S! Simon.
<center>

<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font>
http://extremeone.4t.com/images/sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Can this be used as an online co-op ?

S/L Archie Smythe
No.105 "Dinger" Squadron
vRAF Bomber Command

carpe diem

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 04:23 PM
yes, it can easily be converted by.............

going to each mission file in the FMB and un-ticking the box for the player
then saveing in the appropriate co-op folder

as far as I know...... I never play on-line so I'm not sure

you are welcome to use/alter/play it how you like

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks very much..will try it out and let you know http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S/L Archie Smythe
No.105 "Dinger" Squadron
vRAF Bomber Command

carpe diem

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:05 PM
That is exactly how to play online

downloading it now...

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Great missions, they crushed my computer though http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

xp 2500, 512 ram ( one of my 512s broke http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif..) and ati 9700 pro , however I am running 1600 res 32 bit.....

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 04:30 PM
well I use 768x1024x16.............. and now with the patch I get stutters I didn't used to

I may have to bring out a new version ......... I've noticed the following
>the new 'grass' 'off-runway' is hard to get moving in, so take-offs not on the strip take a lot more of a run to get the speed up....(but the upside is that you come to a halt quicker if you land off-strip)
>planes which have landed either dissappear or self-destruct after a minute or so from engine off....except the players........... so no targets for strafeing planes
because of the new FM the Hurricanes fail to reach 4500m. before meeting the bomber pack (mission 1) and are still climbing......... at a disadvantage to the Me109's

there may be more..not sure yet

'loon'

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Hi Fabianfred,
Great campaign for us Brits !. There is just one thing, being a bit of a newbie at IL2 FB i wondered if there is any way to alter the difficulty settings in the missions, ie: make the speed bar visible - so i know what heading to turn to, as it saves squinting at the compass every time headings are called out! This would be helpfull to know also for other missions - how to unlock the campaign difficulty settings.
Any help much appreiciated,
Thankyou
Cub 1.