View Full Version : Rainbow six lagging (stuttering) on single player

rayven1lk
05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
hey guys, i'll giv u my PC specs first of all n explain da problem

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUS)
2046 MB RAM
GeForce 7300 SE
Operating system: Windows XP service pack 2

According to the detection tool my PC has the requirements to play the game, but as I start on the main menu everything seems to lag (stutter)... and when i start the single player campaign there is lag (stuttering) as well.. I updated my VGA driver to the latest edition and installed the patches for this game, but still no improvement in this situation..

can sum1 plz help me..because i really wanna play it.. thanks

TGressus
05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
It's the CPU/MCH/RAM/(AGP by chance?) on those old Intel chipsets. I have a machine with similar specs from that era which suffers the same.

You will need to upgrade hardware to enjoy smooth gameplay with Vegas2. Neither the driver, .ini, nor in-game video settings will eliminate the stuttering.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Want2Snipe
05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
OK, I didn't know that the Pentium 4 had 2 cores but I don't think that's where you problem lies, it has more to do with the Bargain Bin video card (7300 SE) it is only a 64bit by what I can vaguely remember about it.

Now, upgrading your card may yield a much better result but I wouldn't throw more money at your current rig if your mobo is not PCIe as the newer games will eat you alive as well.

GhostDance.2000
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
The P4 is most likely not dual core. I used to have one before rebuilding, and it said "2 CPUs" in the system diagnostics on my PC, but it was only single core.

It's most likely the video card.

xoops
05-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Want2Snipe:
OK, I didn't know that the Pentium 4 had 2 cores

Some P4 models have ONE single core with TWO thread units. If you take a look at this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthreading), it says ''A Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading enabled is treated by the operating system as two processors instead of one''.

It's like the Xbox 360 which has three CPUs with two threading units per CPU for a total of six available threads.

TGressus
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Clearly it's 2 threads.

rayven1lk
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
hey guys... thanks for the help..i guess i hav no choice but to upgrade my video card..i saw that my card was in the supported list of graphics cards for this game, but performance-wise i guess it can't do the job.. once again thank you..i was gettin very frustrated wonderin why my PC won't run it smoothly..

as a final question..will it be possible to play vegas 1 smoothly on the machine i'm using?

Want2Snipe
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by rayven1lk:will it be possible to play vegas 1 smoothly on the machine i'm using?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Vegas 1 is even a bigger flop than what this one is. If anything I would push you towards this one as the graphics are much better and optimized a bit more. If you think your game doesn't move now, wait until you waste your money on Vegas 1... Don't do it. REALLY!

pleomax30
05-07-2008, 09:20 PM
GeForce 7300 SE
Try to save up for an 8800gt, your card sucks for games.

meivj00
05-08-2008, 01:52 AM
8800gt /gts cards are really cheap these days..and also end of life..at least the 8800GT..wich means they will not be produced anymore. You'd better look in the 96xx/98xx serie..if oyu have a PCI-E *16 slot. I know some P4 motherboards with PCI-E on it of a cople of years old..but you' d better check it first

Spyro_Viper
05-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Your Video Card is awful. I suggest an 8600Gt or an 8800GT. They are pretty cheap now.

Adiam
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm having the same problem, but I got the 8600GTS video card and AMD 64 X2 3.32 GHz processor, and it stil laggs for me.

Dealer_0_Death
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
It says 2 CPU's because your Pent 4 has Hyper-Threading that makes it look like 2 CPU's to windows. It doesn;t have two cores and its not actually 2 cpu's, but, the reason for Hyper-Threading was basically to give a sort of '2 cpu like boost' in performance in some cases. Unfortunately the 'Hyper-Threaded' Pent 4 does not act like 2 cpu's for most games even if they are coded to use more then one CPU, it only adds 2 CPU like performance just for the operating system its self. Pent 4's, Hyper-Threading or not, are single core.

Originally posted by GhostDance.2000:
The P4 is most likely not dual core. I used to have one before rebuilding, and it said "2 CPUs" in the system diagnostics on my PC, but it was only single core.

It's most likely the video card.