PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Mysticpuma RE: "Not my time"???

Jug_Jock
05-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Mate,

Been a long time since I have been around(deployed) and have not seen anything about this movie coming out. If you remember me I was formerly known as 361st_Eagle and I made the skin of Johnsons P-47, just wondering if I can get a copy of the movie if even out yet? And if not is there anything else I can help with?

Jug_Jock
05-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Mate,

Been a long time since I have been around(deployed) and have not seen anything about this movie coming out. If you remember me I was formerly known as 361st_Eagle and I made the skin of Johnsons P-47, just wondering if I can get a copy of the movie if even out yet? And if not is there anything else I can help with?

Mysticpuma2003
05-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Hi Jug Jock...wow what a long time has passed, but let me explain.

Firstly the project is still WIP, now the reasons.

I created approx. 5 minutes and 40 seconds of footage just for the intro to the film. This involved 80 B-17's on thier way to the target of Villacoublay.

I then posted the trailer that you (hopefully) saw.

Then I got feedback saying that the B-17's I had used were the 'G' model and were historically inaccurate.

I cross-referenced this and found out that the B-17 G didn't come into service until July '43, and my movie is set in June.

This film is and will be my last, and I have some very good 'never-before-seen' things that I want to implement. However the last thing I want is for it to be picked apart for innacuracies....so.. I scrapped everything I had shot and created.

Then along came GL2 with his request for me to join Wingmen Productions to create the siege of Malta and it's saving by "Faith, Hope and Charity".

This has taken up the last year.

I am now free of the project and have started work again on "Not my time to die".

Again though, I have been working hard on getting this as accurate as possible, and to that end, I am currently creating the complete skin-set for the 384th BG/544/545/546 and 547th BS.

This is probably going to take me another month, after which I intend to start in ernest the completion of this project.

You haven't missed out, and you are getting a special mention at the start of the film, along with Jim Laurier who supplied the original artwork for 'Half-Pint'.

So do you want me to credit you as Eagle or Jug-Jock?

I will keep the forum informed of progress, but it is fair to say that I am now head on into completing this fantastic story...and I may need a Pilot in the future to fly a couple of the scenes...if you are interested?

Cheers, MP.

Jug_Jock
05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Well that is great news indeed, I am happy to see I did not miss it and that you are putting os much into the project. I never did see the trailer, but that is ok. As for the credit you can leave it as 361st_Eagle as that is the way most people know me anyway. And I would be honored to fly a few scenes once I get a rig set up and can fly again. Thanks you very much for the quick reply and taking the time to make such a great story. Cheers!

danjama
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Good to see this hasnt been scrapped, i still watch the trailer and feel anticipation, it looked great, even if it was inaccurate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Cant wait for it personally!

Skidrowpunk1
05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey Mystic, good to see you are back on the case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Noone will remember me, i used to fly under BS87 over a year ago, but i was a huge jughead/p38 jock, and i lost all my IL2 Movies. I was wondering if you have another link to both parts of your movie 47 heaven, because they seem to have gone missing on your site http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mysticpuma2003
05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi Skidrow..I had to take them down to make room for other stuff since.

Send me a PM with your home address and I'll put the full 'joined' version onto a cd for you.

Cheers.

BTW the trailer for the film is still here:

http://www.atgo72.dsl.pipex.com/Notmytimetodie.zip

Although it has the now removed B-17G model!