PDA

View Full Version : Haze Rating

Ryushii
08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
I know this has probabally been asked about a million times but I am new to these forums and would like to know if Haze is defiantly gonna be an 18+ or if it hasnt had a confirmed rating yet. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ryushii
08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
I know this has probabally been asked about a million times but I am new to these forums and would like to know if Haze is defiantly gonna be an 18+ or if it hasnt had a confirmed rating yet. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Toad17
08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryushii:
I know this has probabally been asked about a million times but I am new to these forums and would like to know if Haze is defiantly gonna be an 18+ or if it hasnt had a confirmed rating yet. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816897p1.html)

Ryushii
08-31-2007, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toad17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryushii:
I know this has probabally been asked about a million times but I am new to these forums and would like to know if Haze is defiantly gonna be an 18+ or if it hasnt had a confirmed rating yet. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816897p1.html) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sorry but I read all of that review and saw nothing about the rating.

deded999
08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
On the right hand side of the page it shows an 18+ symbol. I'm not sure if that's a final rating though, although if you think about it this will show violence, gore, war situations including the death of civilians, drug-taking, (well, kind of), plus copious swearing, I would expect that to be an accurate rating, although it depends which country you're in doesn't it?

Ryushii
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deded999:
On the right hand side of the page it shows an 18+ symbol. I'm not sure if that's a final rating though, although if you think about it this will show violence, gore, war situations including the death of civilians, drug-taking, (well, kind of), plus copious swearing, I would expect that to be an accurate rating, although it depends which country you're in doesn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah country does make a difference, I'm from the U.K just to let you know.

nightmarex121
08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
It will be rated M, because of blood

Gypsy816
08-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Most likely it will be rated M because of violence and blood among other reasons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Metr01973
09-02-2007, 05:54 AM
I reckon it will get a BBFC 15 or 18 certificate here in the UK. It all depneds how much blood, swearing and "drug" taking there is, from what I've seen I reckon on a BBFC 15 cert.

Schism
09-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Judging from the PAX demo, the combat doesn't really look too graphic. I don't think I saw any blood, even when he knifed those MANTEL soldiers.

And unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be any profanity either. If the game is rated Mature (in the US) it's probably because there are some pretty graphic cutscenes. The gameplay itself doesn't look like M-rated material. It reminds me of "Project: Snowblind" (a very underrated FPS) for the original Xbox. The combat was frenetic, but there wasn't any blood to speak of.

EDIT: Not that I'm complaining about it. I don't subscribe to the theory that a game has to have fountains of blood in order to be taken seriously. As enjoyable as "Gears of War" was, the gore was a bit over-the-top.

Rasomaso
09-02-2007, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schism:
And unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be any profanity either. If the game is rated Mature (in the US) it's probably because there are some pretty graphic cutscenes. The gameplay itself doesn't look like M-rated material. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There will be no cutscenes in the whole game, but there will be some brutal scripted events that will (or at least should) make you switch sides.

Schism
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rasomaso:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schism:
And unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be any profanity either. If the game is rated Mature (in the US) it's probably because there are some pretty graphic cutscenes. The gameplay itself doesn't look like M-rated material. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There will be no cutscenes in the whole game, but there will be some brutal scripted events that will (or at least should) make you switch sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahhh, sounds interesting. I hadn't heard that. No cutscenes is always a good thing.

deded999
09-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah you missed it - profanity in abundance, (from your Mantel squaddies by all accounts), and I would expect there to be gore as that's half the point of the Mantel visor/Nectar violence-censoring combination.

Tesseract
09-02-2007, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I reckon it will get a BBFC 15 or 18 certificate here in the UK. It all depneds how much blood, swearing and "drug" taking there is, from what I've seen I reckon on a BBFC 15 cert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually don't think simple drug use would be the problem here.

Most games that get rated down for drug use don't show the downsides to it. They just show the 'high'. In HAZE, the drug use IS a game mechanic, but so is the reality of overdose. It even deals with dependancy to a certain extent... Though I don't doubt it'd be possible to play through the whole game without Nectar.

If anything, it's dealing with not just the 'hard' drugs, but showing you that 'legal' non-perscription drugs can be a danger if abused, too. It might not be a lesson for young kids, but definitely more of a positive than a negative as far as Teen ratings are concerned.

All that being said, though, I expect an 'M' rating as well. Just goes to show that there's more than just the rating, but the intent behind it. HAZE is shaping up to be a more concientious shooter than most others I've seen, without going overboard and having you defeat soggies with a teleport 'gun' to defend your breakfast cereal friends.