PDA

View Full Version : Slack Ack Ack Gunner

Chr1s1968
08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi my flak gunners seem to be suicidal! Often only one of the two is firing and the very often don't target anything even after being given free rein. Any suggestions?

Chr1s1968
08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi my flak gunners seem to be suicidal! Often only one of the two is firing and the very often don't target anything even after being given free rein. Any suggestions?

flipflopjd
08-16-2007, 04:37 PM
kick his arse then throw him over the side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WilhelmSchulz.
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
A common bug. Just man the AA fire a few shots at the planes and they will wake up.

But the better Idea is to just dive on sight of aircraft.

Chr1s1968
08-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Diving is the sensible thing to do but I get tremendous satisfaction from destroying planes, second only to a really good torpedo attack (sink a passenger liner or blowing up a troublesome torpedo boat when your run out of deck gun ammo).

edward5000
08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
It seems the Flak gun can really shoot down those planes quite easily, in real life during world war 2, how easy was it to actually shoot down a plane?

ALso the planes always seem to get at least 1 depth charge dropped and they always miss, was it so difficult to in real life?

Foehammer-1
08-21-2007, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edward5000:
It seems the Flak gun can really shoot down those planes quite easily, in real life during world war 2, how easy was it to actually shoot down a plane?

ALso the planes always seem to get at least 1 depth charge dropped and they always miss, was it so difficult to in real life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Yes, in real life it was hard to bring planes down. HOWEVER! Someone posted a link to a site of stories about capture or destruction of u-boats, mostly by planes. At the rare instances that the U-boat's gunners opened fire, planes preferred so stay away. Attacks were only made from the front of the boat, so the plane's front guns would send the men on the boat scrmabling for cover. That was hard to do, due to the weaving and zig-zagging of the boat.

2) Planes dropped bombs or charges in 2 volleys. A larger volley (correct me if i'm wrong, i think it was 6 or 10 bombs)was dropped. If that missed, the plane would drop a second one (I think either 4 or 6 bombs). After that, it would stay in the area, till backup arrived.