PDA

View Full Version : Hellsgate London

Catapharact
01-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Hmmm, the concept seems... interesting. I mean, here we have a game with two futuristic Paladins in Next Generation Suits of Armor off to save the day with big bad guns and swords.

Well so far the trailer looks very cool (click on the one called official trailer 1.)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/media.html

Its the usual Combo. The female Paladin is the one with the Agility where as the Male overpowers his opponenets with pure brute Strength.

Catapharact
01-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Hmmm, the concept seems... interesting. I mean, here we have a game with two futuristic Paladins in Next Generation Suits of Armor off to save the day with big bad guns and swords.

Well so far the trailer looks very cool (click on the one called official trailer 1.)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/media.html

Its the usual Combo. The female Paladin is the one with the Agility where as the Male overpowers his opponenets with pure brute Strength.

MuttonChopYaz
01-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Some of my friends are convinced this is the next big thing... we will see.

Catapharact
01-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Kinda reminds me of Doom, just more even ended.

Canuckmikes
01-20-2006, 11:49 AM
This reminded me of an RPG I wanted to play, but I can't remember the name of it.
It's came out for the PC a couple years ago. It was set in England, around the indsutrial revolution, and invovled magic.
Not much to go on, I know, but does this ring a bell for anybody?

Magiz
01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Odd,

I totally forgot about this game. I remember it now but, this is the first time I've really looked at anything on it in months.

JessieEAX
01-20-2006, 12:10 PM
i saw this game @ E3 last year, and although it looked like it was about 2 years away from being finished, it still looked VERY fun.

it felt, played and looked NOTHING like doom by the way. it plays like diablo from a first person perspective. very cool.

Catapharact
01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Well it is an interesting twist on History. The revival of the Knights Templar (regarded by some as one of History's most notorious Thugs) has been give a positive outlook.

Though the question still remains... will it catch on? It isn't an MMO what makes it very appealing to me since I never did like MMOs. On the other hand, I really don't want another Resident Evil type fantacy 3rd person/first person shooter.

Will ponder on this.

Genesis.11
01-20-2006, 02:26 PM
This looks like the kind of game I might be interested in buying... of course I'll have plenty of time to see what kind of reviews it gets considering I won't have a 360 for a year.

FuriousGeorge77
01-20-2006, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canuckmikes:
This reminded me of an RPG I wanted to play, but I can't remember the name of it.
It's came out for the PC a couple years ago. It was set in England, around the indsutrial revolution, and invovled magic.
Not much to go on, I know, but does this ring a bell for anybody? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura? It wasn't set in England, but rather a fictitious world that was very inspired by Victorian England and dealt with the conflict of technology and magic. It was quite good, although very much a niche game.

Canuckmikes
01-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Thank you, Furious.
I've been trying to remember the name for a while.