PDA

View Full Version : Community maps - maybe a stupid question?

K0LDING
03-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I searched the forums but did not find a final answer related to this "stupid" question. From a dev chat (December) I found:

(Thunak): (KS-Grizzli[ModoFR]): Is a map editor provided ??
(Serellan): no, instead we focused on a customizable game mode system to allow you to build your own play experience;

Now, one of the reasons that Ravenshield still lives and is being played in our LAN parties is that there is a large amount of maps available (for original ghostrecon/PC it is the same issue).

Is it really so that we will not see community maps for GRAW/XBOX-360? The number of maps available is too little and I fear that any maps coming will cost additional money. The very best multi-player maps for Ravenshield were not developed by Ubi. There should be a PC based map-editor and some means for putting them on the xbox360 harddrive in the right places.

K0LDING
03-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I searched the forums but did not find a final answer related to this "stupid" question. From a dev chat (December) I found:

(Thunak): (KS-Grizzli[ModoFR]): Is a map editor provided ??
(Serellan): no, instead we focused on a customizable game mode system to allow you to build your own play experience;

Now, one of the reasons that Ravenshield still lives and is being played in our LAN parties is that there is a large amount of maps available (for original ghostrecon/PC it is the same issue).

Is it really so that we will not see community maps for GRAW/XBOX-360? The number of maps available is too little and I fear that any maps coming will cost additional money. The very best multi-player maps for Ravenshield were not developed by Ubi. There should be a PC based map-editor and some means for putting them on the xbox360 harddrive in the right places.

MeanMF
03-28-2006, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teko92:
There should be a PC based map-editor and some means for putting them on the xbox360 harddrive in the right places. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't hold your breath...

But Far Cry comes out tomorrow, and it has a map editor.

antoniowatson
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Good point. What if they would stop trying to control every element of what they create, and just let good (and probably new) ideas have a chance?