PDA

View Full Version : Stationary aircraft skins

Bsnakeman
03-14-2006, 12:59 PM
S !

How to change stationary aircraft skins ?

Thanks!

Best,

-HH- Beebop
03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
No can do. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif Stationary aircraft and their skins are hard coded into the game.
Some.....aircraft will change to a winter skin IF.....all water on the map is frozen.

Maybe in BoB/Storm of War?

Chuck_Older
03-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh God how I wish we could

Dunkelgrun
03-14-2006, 04:44 PM
All that can be done is to change the country - this changes the national markings, but that's about it.

Cheers!

AVG_WarHawk
03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Perhaps in a future 1:C Flight Sim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Enforcer572005
03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
this would be major improvement. i remember the days when you couldnt even change the insignia....all the allied planes were in rusky markings. At least taht was changed.

Kinda kills the atmosphere to see SBDs in the correct colors and insignia at henderson field in 42, but teh ones on the ground have early 44 markings in the wrong paint scheme.

GerritJ9
03-22-2006, 04:32 AM
Not for me it doesn't- I keep getting Buffalos with red stars when installing them on a Singapore map, when I require RAF or KNIL markings. What am I doing wrong?

FlatSpinMan
03-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Gerrit - when you plunk them down on the map are you going to the Properties tab and selecting country? You can change the country and the "Team" ie Red or Blue.

GerritJ9
03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
When I choose "Stationary Aircraft", select "Type" and place the aircraft, "Type" remains the only choice I get. Furthermore, the aircraft does not face the exit if placed in a blast pen and I have not been able to rotate it so it ligns up correctly.
For instance, placing a stationary Buffalo in a blast pen at Kallang automatically results in red stars apppearing, and the aircraft faces the wrong way and can't be rotated.
And yes, I'm running a merged sim patched up to 4.04.

FlatSpinMan
03-22-2006, 10:08 AM
That is odd. I just tried it out and I get a "Properties" tab too. I tried a couple of different planes. If that tab appears it is simple to change the country.
RE: object placement, if you have clicked off the map, say to select a field in the dialogue window, you will then have to click on the map again to rotate the selected object, kind of "re-select" it. this worked for me about two seconds ago. Hope it helps you.

PBNA-Boosher
03-30-2006, 05:20 AM
One trick I use is to change the type within a plane. For example, if I want to place Italian MC.200's on an airfield, I place down some of every different type. All the variants look similar, except their paint jobs are different, so it looks like they're wearing different skins.

Dunkelgrun
03-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by GerritJ9:
When I choose "Stationary Aircraft", select "Type" and place the aircraft, "Type" remains the only choice I get. Furthermore, the aircraft does not face the exit if placed in a blast pen and I have not been able to rotate it so it ligns up correctly.
For instance, placing a stationary Buffalo in a blast pen at Kallang automatically results in red stars apppearing, and the aircraft faces the wrong way and can't be rotated.
And yes, I'm running a merged sim patched up to 4.04.

Something screwy there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Place a Stationary a/c and you'll get a Properties tab for it, and the cursor keys will rotate the plane.

I've never heard of it not working before.

Cheers!

GerritJ9
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
It works now.... probably a computer hiccup, but not the only one I have had. I still don't get Descriptions and Briefings to show up for the most recently installed missions. Perhaps a full re-install is required? Oh well, at least the release of the DVD will make that much quicker........

Bluebeard2006
05-05-2006, 11:18 AM
It would be fun that we could change the skin, of having some SBD'S at pearl with late war markings. That would really improve the game because it would make it more immersive. If they have been able to let the stationnary airplanes have more markings than russian and german, they should be able to let us change te skins

Bluebeard2006
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
And change the ships skins.Actually the IJN has no heavier ship than the destroyers(except the battleship), changing the Kirovs skin with IJN markings would make it a good cruiser. We could change the identification codes on the aircraft carriers instead to have always the same ones. And we could give desert skins to tanks instead of the default summer ones..........