PDA

View Full Version : Short Timers:Vietnam Mod

Sgt.Abshire
07-18-2005, 08:18 AM
A little Bio about myself.

My Name is John Abshire and im from North Carolina. I am a collector of military weapons, uniforms and equipment. I use these collections to set up static displays with other people who do the same thing, we set these displays up at air shows, military vehicle shows, and other venues set to show off Military history, these events are called Living History. I am a living historian who does time peroids from 1918-1989, I am a member of the United States Marine Corps Living History unit, the 29th Infantry Division association, the 82nd Airborne Musem and the 1st/5th queens.

This mod will be based with the intenet to recreate what it was like in Vietnam, without sacrificing gameplay, lets face it war sucks and war is hell...so we need to make some concessions to make it playable...but as the Advisor for this mod there will be no corners cut that that will sacrifice the integrity of this mod.

Having said all that, I am looking to start a team, I do not already have anyone, and I know its very hard to start a team up for a mod...but I am going to try none the less. I have experience with making mods, ive been the Technical consultant on many mods, such as Invasion 1944 for Operation flashpoit, the Unsung Vietnam for OFP, Conflict in Nam for Half-life 2, I also helped on the early stages of Day of Defeat, and Red Orchestra.

Needed:
A good Coder
Mappers
Modlers
Skinners
Animators
Public Relations(web and recruiter)
2d artist
Sounds
and most importantly...a fan base.

I will not push this mod if i dont have a soild fanbase, who wants to play a realistic experience and wants to have it in the Vietnam setting...

Info about the mod:
At 1st this mod will be Multiplayer at its inital release, it will have maps, weapons, new gameplay missions, and different support features, like artillery, and bayonets, and a method for the Vietnamese to place booby traps and sneak around. After the MP release, the team will take a break, work out any bugs the mod has and then will work on on SP release for a campain, unless the following happens:
No one plays the MP
or so many play the MP they want more addons for the MP and no SP, such as different units, different times, more specific locations...ect.

To me MP is what makes or breaks a game, so I leave you with all this to consider.

If you are interested my AIM is AbshireJW, my Yahoo is Abshire_6_actual and my MSN is abshire_6_actual@yahoo.com (that is also my email)

so feel free to hit me up and lets get this rolling.

Sgt.Abshire
07-18-2005, 08:18 AM
A little Bio about myself.

My Name is John Abshire and im from North Carolina. I am a collector of military weapons, uniforms and equipment. I use these collections to set up static displays with other people who do the same thing, we set these displays up at air shows, military vehicle shows, and other venues set to show off Military history, these events are called Living History. I am a living historian who does time peroids from 1918-1989, I am a member of the United States Marine Corps Living History unit, the 29th Infantry Division association, the 82nd Airborne Musem and the 1st/5th queens.

This mod will be based with the intenet to recreate what it was like in Vietnam, without sacrificing gameplay, lets face it war sucks and war is hell...so we need to make some concessions to make it playable...but as the Advisor for this mod there will be no corners cut that that will sacrifice the integrity of this mod.

Having said all that, I am looking to start a team, I do not already have anyone, and I know its very hard to start a team up for a mod...but I am going to try none the less. I have experience with making mods, ive been the Technical consultant on many mods, such as Invasion 1944 for Operation flashpoit, the Unsung Vietnam for OFP, Conflict in Nam for Half-life 2, I also helped on the early stages of Day of Defeat, and Red Orchestra.

Needed:
A good Coder
Mappers
Modlers
Skinners
Animators
Public Relations(web and recruiter)
2d artist
Sounds
and most importantly...a fan base.

I will not push this mod if i dont have a soild fanbase, who wants to play a realistic experience and wants to have it in the Vietnam setting...

Info about the mod:
At 1st this mod will be Multiplayer at its inital release, it will have maps, weapons, new gameplay missions, and different support features, like artillery, and bayonets, and a method for the Vietnamese to place booby traps and sneak around. After the MP release, the team will take a break, work out any bugs the mod has and then will work on on SP release for a campain, unless the following happens:
No one plays the MP
or so many play the MP they want more addons for the MP and no SP, such as different units, different times, more specific locations...ect.

To me MP is what makes or breaks a game, so I leave you with all this to consider.

If you are interested my AIM is AbshireJW, my Yahoo is Abshire_6_actual and my MSN is abshire_6_actual@yahoo.com (that is also my email)

so feel free to hit me up and lets get this rolling.

brian63089
07-24-2005, 03:53 PM
cmon people take the job offer! man i would help if i knew how to do any of that stuff, the mod sounds great. hopefully we can spark some interest.this would be a great addition!

Beefypeanut2
07-27-2005, 12:25 PM
I would like to apply for modeler for the mod. I shoot guns in real life. I have 2 AR15s (with an M16A1 upper coming next week) I know all there is to know about M16s and M14s. My dad was a RTO in a Ranger company. during the Vietnam war so if you need any reality advice, he can help. I have a lot of weapons that I fire from the Vietnam War era and would really like a job on this team.

Dori1234
09-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Cool looking mod, keep at it!

maltec1978
09-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I would like to develop maps. I was in the US Army for 7 years and was part of an intelligence team that studied the "War Grounds". I am also trying to find the SDK that I can download for this game if anyone can help me. I just bought the game 2 days ago and beat it so I want to make it a little more challenging.

heydude214
09-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Yes i love the idea. I wish i knew how to do all that stuff. I would love to play.