PDA

View Full Version : What The PC devs to know (From A Die hard SC Fan)

gconry18
04-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Hello Devs.

I would like to start off by saying thank you for making another splinter cell game, I am so glad it is finally a reality.

I would just like to express a tiny bit of disappointment.

Splinter Cell was never meant to be an action game with super fast movements thats why the new shimmying speed is totallt ridiculous for me (Sam is +- 55 already) there is no way that he could move this way now.

The mark and execute feature although cool is not how splinter cell is meant to be played. Its meant to be played with stacks of patience. I do not want this feature removed but it would be nice if either you can turn the feature off or if there was some kind of a possibility that the execution can fail (Thus making you think twice before using it).

Why where unsilenced weapons included? Granted I wished while playing the 1st game that there could be different weapons but by the third I realised the importance of having only silenced weapons (Not a big issue though as the player can pick what weapon to use).

I hope there will also be a feature to turn off the last known position. If you are a veteran of the series you should know, when you have evaded, what your last known position is.

These little things (Although I am a purist of the way the other games were) will not stop me from buying the PC Collectors Edition as I am a total die hard Splinter Cell fan.

Thank you for all your hard work devs.
G.Conry

sam2000_290
04-18-2010, 09:15 AM
OY! So many of these posts! There should be one post where every one's ideas go in. You gotta blame the casual players and little kids b/c b/c of them, they game is made too easy and the gameplay changes. However, the game is excellent.

gconry18
04-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by sam2000_290:
OY! So many of these posts! There should be one post where every one's ideas go in. You gotta blame the casual players and little kids b/c b/c of them, they game is made too easy and the gameplay changes. However, the game is excellent.

I agree with you that it is made this easy for the casual gamers and little kids. but they should not be catering for this market, the people who will buy the game are us, the fans of the previous games who know how the game works and how to play it properly.

Vampire28
04-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by gconry18:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam2000_290:

I agree with you that it is made this easy for the casual gamers and little kids. but they should not be catering for this market, the people who will buy the game are us, the fans of the previous games who know how the game works and how to play it properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and I may wish that this is true, but the sad fact is that the biggest market for games at the moment is casual and kids. And the publishers and devs will always go for the biggest markets. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif