PDA

View Full Version : Shadowbane A game that shall not pull the plugs!

warinzo
07-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I had been a shdowbane long players like many others arround the world. The dark moments of Shadowbane server shutdown for good has been an irrespossible way by ubi. Though it is free but players never ask UBI to do so, it is a simple fact that after years of efforts come to an end and UBI think is ok with such actions. I will never buy any other games nor support UBI games ever, as I am not sure will they pull the plug like they did for shadowbane. My believe is they will happen again just the matter which games or when shall it happen.

Quikness101
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree totally with the statement above...but one question still remains UBI...WHY?...Did the idea well just dry up?...and yes I doubt a responce will come,seeing as those of us that did play THE BEST PVP MMORPG that has ever existed still have not heard the real reason why...The only responce I've heard is that "Shadowbane the sword" was lost in the Void...a lame story ending...Massive FAIL UBI...no more of my money or time for you.

BTOG46
07-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Quikness101:
Massive FAIL UBI...no more of my money or time for you.

What money? the game was freeware and free to play, and had been since 2006.

ShadowSkullV6
07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Making anonymous new accounts for ranting.... UBI is probably really not gonna respond.

Xeeker2
07-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quikness101:
Massive FAIL UBI...no more of my money or time for you.

What money? the game was freeware and free to play, and had been since 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think hes talking about buying UBI games. Its an old game and yes it was free but UBI has ****ed alot of people off.

caswallawn_2k7
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
no firm can afford to run something for free indefinatly, get over it. bigger games that were actualy subscription supported have gone down in the past. it's just a case of when it starts making loss or stops getting updates and get's dated and people stop playing it isnt worth thier while paying for servers for a relitvly small number of people.

but then the truth is if this was realy that big the Ubi servers going down wouldnt matter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

vermis1
07-03-2009, 02:21 PM
I think UBI did all it could short of making the code open source. The sad part is, Shadowbane was a badly coded and dated game even when released but is missed because it is still one of the only MMOs that did not follow the Everquest formula. You hook up with the right group and you could be R7, geared and helping to defend a city in the same day. Try to stay a loner or having poor PvP skills, timing or social skills meant a rough life for most who tried this game. Games that are hardcore PvP with real asset loss will always be niche, most people cannot handle groups of people with superior skills banding together and victimizing them. The only thing I am miffed at UBI over, Wolfpack as well, is the poor execution of Shadowbane is almost a poster child for other companies to avoid most of the elements in Shadowbane.

gladware
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I feel about he same way, we never ask for new content or patches, hell i was happy with the way it was, as far as the niche thing, there was off-peek(small grp,1v1) then peek time pvp, UBI just made a poor discusion imo about pulling the plug, they could of just consolidated into one server and that would of been fine too. No more ubi game for me, bring SB back in some form or another.

Venamil
07-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Will shadowbane live again with some other company? I love that game, I invested alot of time in the game, so did alot of other ppl, and who cares about the code and ****, it worked fine, UBI bring it back asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

SBSupporter
07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
First off this is a new account because I have never been to these forums and this is my only account. Second, Ubisoft makes some great games and I love playing them. I understand you bought Shadowbane and kept it running and for that I thank you. But for what you have done to the community of this game sickens me. The least you could of done was at least made an effort to make some money with it. You could of thrown the idea of pay to play. Announce that you would charge month to month and see how the community dealt with it. I am more then sure you would have enough people paying to keep at least 1 server up if not more. Yes the game is old, yes its got its problems but you know what, Its the only game of its kind. You just shot the last white tiger in the world. Now the little children will never see a white tiger again. Please release the server side of this game do not let it collect dust on the shelf.

caswallawn_2k7
07-04-2009, 06:38 AM
is it just me or do all these new accounts posting just make it look more and more like it's the same person doing all the posts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

mightydes
07-04-2009, 07:00 AM
The moment i started to have my hands on SHADOWBANE.. immediately i loved this game so much and i trully enjoyed it till the very last day. It was an easy move for you guys to just pulled those plug and wiped off the entire SB forum too, but it was a very painful moment for those who spend hours of time and even many meaningful years in SB. Have UBI ever consider that..??? I believe the whole world would love dying to pay to play for SB it is just the matter of UBI getting into action. There will never be any other PvP game that will replace SB and i believe lots of great SB players will not be investing their precious time in UBI game anymore... I trully wish UBI will re-consider to bring life to SB again and please start charging us. Long live Shadowbane we wish...

Mighty.G
Zepartown.

deeliriyum1
07-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
is it just me or do all these new accounts posting just make it look more and more like it's the same person doing all the posts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Yes it does appear so. Its just that people were happy while Shadowbane was live so no one felt like posting here. Now with Shadowbane gone situation is different. Most of my posts were on SB UBI boards and SBG forums.

As you said before this game havent earned a cent for 3 years. But still someone cared for SB community enough to prolong shutting down for two more months. Unfortunately, that backfired in UBI's face as most of the people saw this more as a torment than gift.
If those UBI guys who care for this game are still out there PLEASE release the code. If its dead for you its not for us. I personally dont have the strength to uninstall the game. The most important thing there are people willing to reunite now scattered SB community.

Oh and one more thing. Dont sell it to Aeria games please! They will butcher it with item malls and most likely unballance it to unplayablity.

For the sake of humanity (no matter how little of it left in the world) not corrupted by coporate minds and interests, PLEASE give us the code and make hundreds of people happy.

Thank you.

warrax111
07-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I don't like the way, how they executed this game (and forums!!!). If I would own such game, I would NEVER do this to any comunity. Its horrible approach. So, for me, UBI is dead company. Bye.

Warrax

SBSupporter
07-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
What buisness do you have posting on this topic have you even played sb? Please refrain from posting just so you can have another post count.

BTOG46
07-04-2009, 11:42 AM
And what business do you have telling forum members whether they can or can not post in a thread?

His point about duplicate user accounts was a valid one, and one offender has already been suspended, there may be more....

vermis1
07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
The real shame is the forum was killed, so all the archived posts going back to the start of the game are no longer available. Half the fun of SB was reading the forum posts after a fight.

Since SB Vault is down and there is really no central forum for ex-SB players anymore, people will probably want to create new accounts here since this is where shadowbane.com links now. I doubt UBI would want their general forums used for this.

Perhaps UBI could release the archived posts and let someone in the SB community host the forums with the url:shadowbane.com redirected there.

Demetrious-DB
07-04-2009, 03:54 PM
UBI you Lose IRL,...... I will not buy another product from your lame arses ever. The way you did the Loyal SB fans was ignorant and disrespectful. Give the EMU guys your codes since its dead anyhow and no further use for you. Least we can go back to a game we love and not have a life again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jomilitello
07-04-2009, 09:44 PM
well being that i played the best mmo game ubi had to let us play and isnt being nice about there efforts in keeping there customers happy in like keeping the forums up why buy another MMo and pay monthly just to lose it again?

Dirtymurph
07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Ahhh the great Ubi reputation grows with each passing day.

ladyvalkerie3
07-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Ubisoft = HBO. Give us something great, deliver until their profits run out or run low, then pull it away without a second thought or even a notice. I don't pay for HBO anymore.......get the picture UBI?

Raide
07-05-2009, 09:48 AM
It is always a shame to see MMO's go offline but many developers have had to do the same at a late stage of a games life. The list of short-lived MMO's is actually huge now and despite Shadowbane coming out in 2003, it was sad to see the servers being closed.

I can understand many of you will be upset at this happening but there is nothing that can be done at this stage.

jomilitello
07-05-2009, 10:05 AM
u couldnt do anything about saving the game ??? rofl: but yet u shut down the forums of which over many years of playing SB lots of ppl lost contact with each other OMG!!!!! btw all ur new games are lame

DeedyDavis
07-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Ok guys, let's take a big breath...we are sad, disappointed and angry...we are in deep withdrawal pangs from the game we all love very much....but we did have a life...Shadowbane WAS our life http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

In case you need to know, I have played Shadowbane since Beta and paid for 6-8 accounts for a long time until it became free...

I would pay again in a heartbeat...SB is the best pvp mmorpg out there...Yeah I checked the trailer on AC 2, Darkfall sux, Mortal Online might be ok...WOW is too childish and a myriad of others...none can hold a candle to SHADOWBANE...

Please release SB to someone who can host it...

LadyDrianiae Meneiupptus aka Atron's RL mom

vermis1
07-05-2009, 02:03 PM
By the way, if any ex-SBer's need a good time killer, I highly recommend Egosoft's X3 Terran Conflict. It's a different genere and not multi-player, but requires intelligence to actually play without cheating. Start with the Bankrupt assassin and it has some of the feel of starting in SB.

deeliriyum1
07-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I'd really like if my fellow Shadowbaners could refrain from posting comments like "rofl! UBI Epic fail" etc etc. Instead let us give these guys some valid arguments as to what could and should be done.

I can understand many of you will be upset at this happening but there is nothing that can be done at this stage.

Not entirely true, sir. Like I said in my previous post, if the game is over to you its not for us. A lot of MMORPGs is going down nowdays. Why cant we make a difference? Why can't UBI make a difference by giving us the code? Im sure news about that kind of act of good will would spread like a forest fire.

You have no idea how many people would like to see Shadowbane alive again. There is also some arua of fanatism around every Shadowbane fan and if someone says that he/she wont buy another UBI game for the rest of his/hers life, you can bet thats how is going to be. So UBI is losing more than just a "dead" game.

Now, if there is anyone here who can pass our wishes to UBI staff, doing it would be much appreciated.

Give us the code.
Its not over yet!
PLAY TO CRUSH!

jomilitello
07-05-2009, 06:55 PM
i used to be Zagfire in game but wtf UBI i see complaints by 5 but wow THE game was the best MMO n u cant duplicate it u gimps <last post ever btw on UBI since they suck>bye UBDORKS

Nosnazeb
07-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I could cry. Though I did not play shadowbane from beta, nor did I pay for 6 accounts, I truly miss the amazing one of a kind world of Aerynth. No other game was nearly so unique as shadowbane, and I would gladly pay for it. How many other games had PVP on such an epic scale? None. No games let you alter the world like Shadowbane. Nothing gave you the ability to customize a character like Shadowbane. And no game out there let you wantonly murder everything in sight like Shadowbane.

I know the game wasn't making money. Since they removed the billing to subscribe, they only made one attempt to make money (remember the Dell commercials? The shoe commercials?). I fully realize how low the chances are of Ubisoft releasing Shadowbane to the public, or making a sequel, but I think there is more than enough demand to do so.

Let the Minotaurs run free again!

kil_2k
07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I still have high hopes for UBI releasing "Shadowbane 2". Just wish they'd hurry up!

lquidcool
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by deeliriyum1:
I'd really like if my fellow Shadowbaners could refrain from posting comments like "rofl! UBI Epic fail" etc etc. Instead let us give these guys some valid arguments as to what could and should be done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I can understand many of you will be upset at this happening but there is nothing that can be done at this stage.

Not entirely true, sir. Like I said in my previous post, if the game is over to you its not for us. A lot of MMORPGs is going down nowdays. Why cant we make a difference? Why can't UBI make a difference by giving us the code? Im sure news about that kind of act of good will would spread like a forest fire.

You have no idea how many people would like to see Shadowbane alive again. There is also some arua of fanatism around every Shadowbane fan and if someone says that he/she wont buy another UBI game for the rest of his/hers life, you can bet thats how is going to be. So UBI is losing more than just a "dead" game.

Now, if there is anyone here who can pass our wishes to UBI staff, doing it would be much appreciated.

Give us the code.
Its not over yet!
PLAY TO CRUSH! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with him Release the code!!!

O ya and Shadowbane EMU can go to H**L
People trying to be something there not!!!!!!

ghoul31
07-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Are you going to sell Shadowbane to Aeria games? Can you give us an answer on this?

Thanks

sqall2801
07-12-2009, 01:45 PM
well i know speakin of how <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> it was to shutdown sb
but i got only one damn question
i tried many mmo's outthere and guess what their private servers too
so my question i played sb for a long time but there was never ever anyone speakin in all that time
about givin out source to let the community try out there own sb server (UBI,wolfpack)
even this WOW <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> got tons of private server why not one for sb

anyways UBI and the rest just destroyed the fun i had in my spare times
theres not one <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> game outthere which can reach sb

uh and thanks to ubi and xanther u both know what i mean
this goodbye thread was a joke 1st the server went down for 3 weeks from time to time
(i already had the feelings at this time that sb ends) then u give us this easter high xp rate weekend
and then?? shadowbane retirement O.o boo just that nothin else
u guys <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> knewed that this game had a big core community
in all that years no thread about hey guys we got problems will u pay 2play again
so we can keep sb up?? no nothin u (censored)
imo thats not the way to treat guys which play ur games an pay for it
myself and many others from my older nation are not longer willing to support
publishers which work like that
never ever any bucks from us (censored) u all
peace out i hope ur broke soon
<span class="ev_code_RED">I suggest you read the Forum Rules. Especially the section Inappropriate Content (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4811054957/m/4731054957#II). These Forums are for all ages. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </span>

sqall2801
07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
uh ya I FORGOT
dunno why my reg date is 09 now well i dun care
its MOJO for those who know me

jomilitello
07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
mojo pm me and yes Chinese is working on sb atm rofl probably gonna be GHEY in semptember

jomilitello
07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
<--zagfire

konradknox
07-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Because of this, I am boycotting Ubi and respectfully call all who loved Shadowbane - to temporary stop purchasing their products, until our favorite MMO game is back. Financial pressure seems to be the only persuasion corporations understand.
Personality, love, spirit - they mean nothing.
Dollars - what makes directors listen.

Pieman13
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

lquidcool
07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
well i know speakin of how edit it was to shutdown sb
but i got only one damn question
i tried many mmo's outthere and guess what their private servers too
so my question i played sb for a long time but there was never ever anyone speakin in all that time
about givin out source to let the community try out there own sb server (UBI,wolfpack)
even this WOW edit got tons of private server why not one for sb

anyways UBI and the rest just destroyed the fun i had in my spare times
theres not one edit game outthere which can reach sb

uh and thanks to ubi and xanther u both know what i mean
this goodbye thread was a joke 1st the server went down for 3 weeks from time to time
(i already had the feelings at this time that sb ends) then u give us this easter high xp rate weekend
and then?? shadowbane retirement O.o boo just that nothin else
u guys edit knewed that this game had a big core community
in all that years no thread about hey guys we got problems will u pay 2play again
so we can keep sb up?? no nothin u (censored)
imo thats not the way to treat guys which play ur games an pay for it
myself and many others from my older nation are not longer willing to support
publishers which work like that
never ever any bucks from us (censored) u all
peace out i hope ur broke soon

WOW now that's what I'm talking about

<----- Lord Draco

My son would like 3 games made by UBI...I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER UBI PRODUCT

Play to Crush

RELEASE THE CODE PLZ

Jakensandee
07-22-2009, 11:47 AM
What the F? I joined the Marines played shadowbane for a while, left again and did my tours and times, i come back, and WAMMMY!!!!!! (LOUD NOISES)
I have played shadowbane from the start date, i have paid to play it before, and i will gladly do it again. I would even offer a large sum of money to UBI or Wolfpack and buy the rights to the server and game, and ask community members to pitch in and get this server in my Hands and get it set up with the same specs and quarks, because those were the fun and original parts of the game that none can touch!!!
PLAY TO CRUSH!!!!!!!!

GUIDO be my name!

jomilitello
07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
hey jakensandee ill help u out if they give it up man

lquidcool
07-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Same here Jakensandee....There are some guys coming up with a Shadowbane emu but it will be nothing but lagggggggggg and crashing server worse then launch.

The only way the real shadowbane will come back if UBI sells the code or brings it back up p2p...

I wish they would release the code...I have some good ideas for improvements and the knowledge to do them.

Play to Crush

RELEASE THE CODE PLZ.....THE COMMUNITY DESERVES THAT MUCH!!!!

simonslayz
07-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Hail and well met,

I am one of those people who was absolutely indulged in the world of Shadowbane, and have found no replacement. I have been trying since the April to try and find a game that compares but everything falls short, and although many of the people I played with will never find their way here I know they feel the same. We often meet in vent and have been for months in search of a replacement but have found NOTHING.

I am sure UBI had many reasons for shutting down Shadowbane but to the loyalists that love every aspect of the game it is pretty heart wrenching. I am not sure where Shadowbane will go from here but I know that there is little chance of it ever really dying off.

It would certainly be kind of UBI to either bring SB back or at least provide a replacement, which is most likely impossible. I know that my rant is in vain but there just isn't a game on the market that compares in my eyes.

Thanks for your time.
Kinslayer

P.S. In all honesty what would have to happen to bring this game out of retirement... I mean seriously Brett Favre does it every year and Michael Jordan did it like three times...

Shadowbane is better than both of those people...

If its about the money people would pay to play this game until UBI could come up with the next big thing...

lquidcool
07-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I fill ya Simonslayz but the chance of shadowbane coming back from UBI is slim to none.

Me and some friends are in the process of building a game in the Memory of SB but we are starting from scratch....Long road ahead of us.

There is a SB EMU coming up BUT I THINK it will be junk and i don't think it is right for them to do it. If they have that much time on there hands just code a new game.

Shadowbane was the best PvP MMORPG on the market in my mind.

Play to Crush

RiftZM2003
07-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Naturally, everyone is going to have mixed opinnions about the game, as they do with every game, movie, music, food, etc. So, I think people should stop whining and fighting with each other about how awesome they think a game is or how bad it is. For those of us who loved the game, a simple question... IS there going to be life for Shadowbane now that it's been killed? I think that if Ubisoft has officially killed the game, they should either sell the rights to it, or release the coding so some people who love the game can still play it. In all honesty, I wouldn't care to release the source code to a game I created and was shut down, as long as who ever took it over wasn't making any profit off of it (unless it was purchased, of course). So, anyone know of anything, or any UbiSoft employees know anything they are willing to share? Are there ongoing negotiations, or is it officially dead for good? Anything would be greatly appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

simonslayz
07-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Ditto, I would just like to be able to play the game again. I could care less if I have to pay or whatever but certainly would be nice to have the option. As far as letting us know, our "cult" following of SB feeds off this game and would appreciate just a heads up on its fate. There was a reason why there was an extra two months of gameplay added after initial notice of shutdown, and there is no doubt that this game would still have a player base.

thanks
Kinslayer

warinzo
07-31-2009, 02:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gifJust less than a month since I posted my point of view and you guys out there been bring it up to a noticeable voices and beautifully sounded with tunders and boltzzzzz... Thank you for all the wonderful music from your heart to show how much UBI abuse us in return for our loyalty. I notice more than 2800 viewers on this topic, hope one day we can reach ten of thousands and finally UBI notices it.. and bring back the best ever PVP game in the history of mankind that kill each others without pain and still can be friends after decade of war.. This is the real "GAME".. we all love not just to play but to understand our innerself.. between good and bad..again. you guys are "AMAZINGLY GREAT".. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

ShadowSkullV6
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Whoa.. I've never seen so much dislike of UBI from the populace before. Is UBI going down the drain? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

b_4721
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
I honestly didn't know ubi had a mmo...

simonslayz
08-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by jomilitello:
<--zagfire

HI ZAG

<---- Kinslayer

By the way bump, I think this topic needs to continue to be discussed. I am playing freaking Evony... because Shadowbane is gone... how ridiculous.

vermis1
08-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I do also miss Shadowbane terribly and am somewhat miffed the forums, with years of humerous to read archives, are gone.

However, I also realize Ubi actually bent over backwards providing the game for free for so long. I suspect one of the reasons the plug was finally pulled was the headache of dealing with the almost constant overt racism displayed by what was left of the playerbase. Although Ubi was not responsible for the enforcement here, no corporation would risk bad press on a profitless product.

It is also true that despite it's age, Shadowbane has yet to be replicated as far as seige warfare with varieties of destructable objects. To give away the source code would be giving away some tried and tested programming to possible competition.

Anyways, it was a good run and nothing out there can get your heart pumping like SB. Hopefully something will be released that will satisfy.

Funny thing is that as technology and programming software advance, an older game like Shadowbane could be replicated from scratch by a small team in their spare time. I think this is where hope lies because I do not think a mainstream company will release a hardcore PvP game with a complex custom charater development system and very fast advancement to competeing at the highest level.

I hold nothing against Ubi and would buy any game they release that looked good. The only thing I would add would be for purely human compassion- please reopen at least the general area of the SB forums and make everything else archiveable.

joshbs14
08-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Best game ever made. ~ play to crush

Talonjuggernaut
08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Bring sb back 4 the love of god at least just charge 4/6 dollars an account a mnth I'd get a 1000 sb players come bak at least n most of them wud have at least 2/3 accounts plzzzz ubi

Talonjuggernaut
08-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Oh and play to crush guild ftw yea!!!

Zira
08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I have one question now that shadowbane is over.
Does UBI still currently hold the rights to the game and its engine? no matter where I go people seem to argue that it is now owned by stray bullet games. Can anyone clarify on this issue?

oxfordfury
09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I also have played Shadowbane for years had 10 accounts at one time that I payed for and would pay once more iI miss the people alot and the game as well plz bring the game back, long time player known as ZERO of the oxford guild, miss you my friends...... I will never buy a UBI game unless thay bring back SB!!!!

Communism
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Last few weeks i've noticed myself reading morlochwiki at nights again. Alcohol and drugs just doesnot ease the pain anymore. It is so cold and drearily without shadowbane, take it back, please, save us from upcoming winter. I am ready to donate some of my useless organs to ubi just to be able to play sb again.

oxfordfury
09-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello Communism, or person who sas you want to donate some of our useless organs I mself need a kidney transplant, so if ou donate one to me I will give uou a city if tha ever bring back shadowbane or 100 mill in gold, SB gold that is, anyway I do need a kidney transplant, so if you want ill take one of yours if you would like!!! Im in Phx, AZ. I will pay for all expenses.your shadowbane friend Zero....

Communism
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Hello Zero, my shadowbane friend. I have examined your offer and found it rather fair. Further details and contact information was sent to you with pm/tell.

darktornaydoe
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey UBI guess what before I came across this topic telling me what happened to SB I was looking at the games on front page and thinking hey those are interesting. Screw it I am not buying!!!

Yes you let us pay and indefinetly crushed our liking of you guys.

Play to crush
-Sunborn(Dragonscale Members dont make a comment)

baked8o8
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Greetings noobs, and nooblings. I was Xarael Demonicus/Kryptkeeper from the Mourning Server Dark Carnival guild. I just tried to log in today and found out the news. This sucks. Is there any forums for people who still talk about the game? To keep in touch or something.

Zira
09-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Could anyone tell me who I would need to contact from UBI to ask about the game and its ownership?

Cause I would really like to see this game run again a lot of people enjoyed playing it including myself and if it could be run again I know a lot of people would be overjoyed at the news.

MajinCry
09-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I, myself, was a new player when UBI said that they were closing it down.

I have played some amazing MMOs :

Twelve Sky2
Perfect World UK
Wurm-Online
Runescape
Zu Online
Dragonica
Rohan Blood Feud Global

and many others, but Shadow-bane.... It was in a whole other leauge.

Shadow-bane did not have great graphics (So i could play it on my PC. 1UP), yet it had GOOD graphics.

The gameplay was a whole other world

The music, the environments, the enemies, the quests, the npcs....Amazing.

I would happily pay /$5 a month to play this game.

Runescape costs 5 a month, so does Wurm online and they are live and kicking.
Yet they suck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Seeing all the players here....

Anyone know Technological-Necromacy?
OR
How to get UBI to smell the coffee?

CamaroZ
09-19-2009, 06:49 PM
I agree with many of the other posters here, shadowbane had much more content than any other gamei have tried out there. The only thing the game could of used was a simple update to graphics and it would have brought more people flocking back to it.

Just to point out as the guys post above mine proves that the game still gained the attention of new people. If anything a petition or a perhaps a contract with independent party could bring back the game let me know Id be glad to play again because nothing out there really matches to the entertainment shadowbane provided.

zsxedc123
09-25-2009, 03:07 PM
joo guys ,, im have play shadowbane to. but im playing onther games to ,, but shadowbane is difrent ist so amazing i cant find words for it.
i think , im shure there is a peapel that have the game behinde him ,, he must push 1 thing and it is back ,, i hate it it is gone..

but i like to find the peapel that have the magic key " for open a new world of shadowbane.
with new servers and new things , that we can get a new start for game for god and make friends and kill.

im the brother of only 1 emeraldis a lot of peapel know thats man his hard for gaming but he have a gold hart!. im remedi.

thanks for all UBI soft! your the bast producer that i know in mijn hole life.

( my enlish is bad )

Natedwg1
10-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I played SB from release to shut down, and I cant say any more than all of you already have. It was the one game I could never get enough of. By the time i had a Character to 30 I had another idea I couldn't wait to try. The PvP.... exilarating and just plain fulfilling.

Many people have said they would pay for the re-release of our loved SB. I think anyone who loved this game and would like to play it again should send this thread to anyone they can get in contact with, or is affiliated with UBI. One guy above said it, if you get 1000 people to come back to SB, and just open one server, charge 15 a month, could it really cost $15,000 to run a small server of that size for one month?

I may be over doing it, and going on, but it is worth it to me. SB was a relaxing change from the hassle of work and school and every other stressful environment we deal with. NO OTHER GAME COMES CLOSE.... lets get a re-release or at least a private server. Lets make UBI aware of how popular this game STILL is. We will pay.

PLAY to CRUSH

Plagued
Mystt
(almost every server)

Quikness101
10-24-2009, 04:55 PM
just one more thing to say...www.shadowbaneemulator.com.

Brizzik
10-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Seeing all the players here....

Anyone know how to get UBI to smell the coffee?

You can't fix 'stupid'.

napstar89
10-26-2009, 06:39 AM
There is no life after Shadowbane you guys.
I'm dying here.

Drizzt6667
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
just one more thing to say...www.shadowbaneemulator.com.

/agree

gandolf_83
11-12-2009, 09:04 AM
We should start a petition imo. Maybe on Facebook? I could set it up.

Bring back Shadwobane or start development on SB2!

Tersigni
11-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Jolley DeathRyder here

http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com/

They are working on RE-Building sb from scratch, they have made GREAT! progress, they will have the community up and running with all the forums SB used to have for their servers so we can still ***** at eachother after a bane or mine fight!! SUPPORT SB EMU!!

Qools
11-13-2009, 07:40 AM
If you are registered and posting here, save your ****ing breath and go to ****ing www.shadowbaneemulator.com (http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com)

I love the *****.

Qools
11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
And what business do you have telling forum members whether they can or can not post in a thread?

His point about duplicate user accounts was a valid one, and one offender has already been suspended, there may be more....

You obviously have never been to the Shadowbane forums... and it's a good thing too - we'd mop the floor with your Sesame Street condescending ***.

Learn to forumbane you ****ing *****.

Tully__
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Profanity, a blatant sexual reference, abuse, flame baiting and antagonising a moderator all in your first two posts. That'll be all from you Qools.

pigpiles
11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Count me in on joining the petition if one is ever started. Hopefully if enough people post on the forums about wanting this game to come back it would probably be enough to get them to make a comeback with the game. I would most def pay to play this game. It was lots of fun and i have about 30 others that would be willing to join the petition and i know they would be willing to pay to play, we were all and still to this day in a guild. (Concordia)

Salvo
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I heard from a well known source,a very well known developer, which I will keep his Identity covert, tells me that there are plans that have already been in the works for Shadowbane. Now this may be true or not, although from a very reliable source, why else would UBI not release or at least offer the code, many times someone has offered to purchase it I've heard as much as 5 million. So Who knows, maybe everyone is getting worked up for nothing. The only problem is that subscription based pvp is a dying bread these days, so ubi is looking at maximum profit, as they usually do, and may chose not to re-develop or develop a pvp based of Shadowbane. See more and more developers and publishers are releasing cash shop/ cash item pvp games which imo bite the big one but that is what sells and after all gaming companies like ubi are after the big bucks, there are more plug and play and carebears out there then die hard pvp players like you and me. I personally would love to see Shadowbane come back, maybe with a crafting, harvesting and housing model. Improved graphics of course with new armor and weapons models. Anyway who knows what the future brings guys. Just stop taking it out on the moderators after all they are just trying to run a good community, us your brain speak with intelligence then no one will be able to argue with you.

mann_x
12-12-2009, 11:38 AM
They have a reason they shutdown shadowbane.

1. they was not making much money when it was pay to play
2. it was not growing
3. they made it free to see how much it would grow and it did not really grow. So they gave up.

Ubi is a company trying to make money. The ones who make the orders careless about the game itself and more about the numbers. The numbers were not there. They decided that they were going to just focus on consoles; where they are making a killing.

Shadowbane has a very strong and loyal fan base but there are not that many of us. If there was even 3000 accounts at 10$ a month that is only 30000$ so only 360,000$ a year. That would pay about 5 people that work in a gaming/computer field with no profit gains for the company.

Just be happy they gave us a year or two of free play.

mann_x
12-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Salvo
I agree with you Salvo that we do not need to take it out on the workers or mods.
They just do their job. They have no say in the decision made by the leaders of the company.

If you want to save shadow-bane. Professionally send a letter or call and see what they will sell the code for, if they will give it away or even have a meeting with them. Whining and bashing will not get it done.

And on the fact that your going to boycott UBI products is not going to work. There are not enough shadow-bane users to cause them money worries. Their games are very popular and get A GREAT DEAL OF SALES! 3000 people will not make a difference.

iwannabeforce
12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't really know what to say, but I as well was devastated when I found out that shadowbane had been comepletely canceled. I had quit playing for a while ( due to loss of internet ). And was really looking forward to coming back to it again. I had played hard core, 12-16 hours every day for 2 years straight. I have tried other MMO's, but their PVP is nothing compared to shadowbane, world of warcraft, dark age of camelot ect.
I would definately pay again to have shadowbane back, or even shadowbane 2 as long as it held true to the pvp/character customization of the old shadowbane. Would rather pay $20.00 a month for a game like this, than $15.00 a month for WoW any day...
To UBIsoft, I know this doesn't mean much but, please please try and figure out some way to bring back our game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pokie1671
12-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I know many SB fans out there who would like to see SB2 come out in the near future. I came to know many new friends from SB and have stayed loyal for years waiting for an updated version. My guild has bounced from game to game thinking it was the next Shadowbane but it always lead to a big dissappointment. Ubi should really concentrate on coming out with a new SB with all the same concepts but with updated graphics, engines and servers. Thousands would flock back to SB and many more would quit WoW and other bs games for the real deal SB.... And if Ubi is smart they would get Ashen back and make this a reality.... $$$$$$$$$$$

tRANIS
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Emulator has hope.

ffxibaul
01-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Im a good bit late but my opinion is.
This was infact the only pvp game I liked.
Also I managed to get someone hooked on it right before it closed down and he hated pvp games.
The bad reviews from the game ive ever read was people too lazy to level up.
Yes that was also faster than any game ive played and easy as well.

So my options would be if I was the marketing team would be.

3000 people play the game they have (?) amount of friends they tell about our product.
So the 3000x?= try other ubisoft games.

I hate all of there console games there so gay so thats not going to happen for me.
And the click the icon to turn pvp on and off is also annoying.
The best part about this game wasnt just you could own a town and wage wars for it.
The best part was a level 25 could infact have a fighting chance against a level 75 thus not makeing you angry because u get gang raped by someone every time you do something alone.

The amount of classes races the items was a bit slim but not bad.
Sure they had glitches yet thats whats suppose to drive you to do better.
To host a server isnt much more than the cost of electricity a single person can work the servers effectivly.
Took em forever anyways to answer your report's.

Here would be the money fixes.

(1) Place advertisments in the game.( Not on the logg in thats realy annoying) ie: On a building,armor,weapon,the maker of the walls.

(2) Advertise a bit ive never seen a shadowbane comercial at all. Hell I didnt even see it in stores.

(3) Hold auctions for special items there are actually people in the game with more money than they know what to do with that go for the easy way out.

(4) To fix the whinny people who just start. (Make each account have a test toon on it thats 75 but basic gears and a time limit from the time the account is made till the time that toon dissapears from the account.
Or test server with new toon makers starting out at 75 with nothing but basic noob stuff.

(And the server being selectable from the logg in screen not haveing to change the connection address) Some people arent smart enough to figure that out even being walked through it.

Giveing up on something before you actualy finish it isnt saying much for the company neither is just saying oops were shutting down bye.

This is bad marketing.

You think 3000 people cant make a diffrence?
Google Shadowbane 99.9% of them say something bad about both UBI and WolfPack.
Not counting the countless people online reading this stuff.

Try looking at the big picture. These 3000 or so people are gamers = friends with other gamers outside the game = there friends the first 3000 dont know = one massive gameing comunity getting a realy bad review.

(Hey Ubi and woldpack just up and shut down a game we had payed for for a 2 year frame without giveing us any information of someone possably takeing it over.)

This leads those people who didnt play shadowbane to thinking well im not going to buy anything of theres thats online based again there going to take my money and close the game down on me at a moments notice.

Take it in and think about it. Is this effective marketing?

Nukescout
02-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I like many others here are extremely sad that this game was just dropped like a bad habit. For those of us who played this game damn near religiously would have absolutely no problem with a pay to play i personally had 3 accts for years that i paid for and had no issues with it. I can understand the decision to pull the plug on a non money making game.... Having said that i dont feel that Ubisoft tried particularly hard to make it into a money maker...Hundreds if not thousands of player would flock back to this game the day it could possibly be re released...If you arent prepared to risk it then give it to a company who will.. Unless you played the game you will never fully comprehend just how one of a kind this game was... I personally tried WoW once the shadowbane servers went down(i cancelled my subscription less then 4 hours later)I am not suggesting that Shadowbane was perfect but it is by far the best MMORPG that has ever been on the market nothing needs to be changed just end the ongoing sufferings of the ex-shadowbaners and put the lights back in the servers and i can personally garentee you will have one costumer....which is more money that you were making anyway... Until then none of the Ubisoft games that come out will ever be in my house you are losing more money from the EXTREMELY irratated SB community than you could possibly imagine... Because though we are computer nerds some of us do have friends(amazing i know) and how do you think they feel knowing how fast they pulled the plug on such a beloved game? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

EpicXTaco2010
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Unable to connect to 216.98.58.101:3360.
Attempting to restart the Patcher.......... i downloaded Sb i bough from game stop patcher 0.5.9 w.e i download and that keeps poping up D; i think ima shoot myself just threw 10$ down the drain if no one helps me D; plz help?? anyone?

kyrillion
03-10-2010, 06:38 AM
sooo...i cant play SB even if i wanted too? still looking for a GOOD PvP game..seeing as my comp cant pull Darkfall its either find something on the net, or get a new computer...

Zira
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
honestly I wish someone from the company, mods dont count, but someone who worked corporate would read these theres over 5000 people that want this game back and even if ubi were to make an announcement they would reprogram the game to make it up to date with todays market so many people would praise ubi and ever preorder a new release of the game.

Its quite sad that its business executives making the choices here and not willing to take a gamble on a game that was very viable and some of its member played to their dying days. No joke if the old boards were up you could of seen the giant R.I.P. for some of our former friends who played.

Darzian36
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
They need to just release the data tables, this game should not be dead :[

jinx23
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
SB should have never died. It was/is the best MMO to be created. UBI, you were WRONG! WRONG I SAY!

GrayGhost1071
03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey from this Chromehound vet. I hope you Shadowbane vet. guys get your game back up. NEVER GIVE AND UP KEEP UP THE FIGHT.

dwrestler515
03-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Long Live Shadowbane!!!

Zira
03-23-2010, 03:55 AM
I think honestly a official disclaimer as to why shadowbane was shutdown and any other information as to what will be done with the software would make a lot of people a lot less mad at ubi right now

Quikness101
03-29-2010, 12:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Just spent the last 4 days basking under the hot Aerynthian sun. www.shadowbaneemulator.com (http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com) just finished up a 4 day Happy Birthday Shadowbane Open Alpha Event,and man did it feel SOOOO GOOOOD to stretch my legs on land that was thought to be taken away by money and power hungry (companies).The Emulator I believe has over 4000 individual accounts on file,of people just like me who didn't want this game to end.I still can't understand why the original companies involved would do that to so many devoted fans,and yes for a while I thought the Emulator was just a fan site and wasn't going anywhere,but these last 4 days was the absolute proof I was looking for.Well (raises glass)Here's to www.shadowbaneemulator.com (http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com) ..too bad ubi couldn't make it to the party!

Ragnorl
04-04-2010, 03:48 AM
A betryal!

A Curse!

The age of strife begins

-Tobes (Chocobo)

jacklyn1313
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
love live bane! contact me at <span class="ev_code_red"><email address removed></span>, old school!

Zira
04-10-2010, 04:55 PM
guess i should be glad im working on the emulation project, its sad that no moderator or anyone can give me a straight answer to the game when i pm them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

kexsimon
08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...431005678#7431005678 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=4811054957&m=7431005678&r=7431005678#7431005678)

Hello!

Ive been busy with school for a couple of years. But now when I started working I sometimes got more free time, and therefor I began a search for something to do with my sparetime.

I remembered a game I tried long ago. I belive it still was in the beta testing phase when I did. The name was ShadowBane, and Ive now updated myself on the sad story of the game.

My reason for bringing this up is simply to share my love for that game concept, and hopes of maybe bringing it back to developing/reworking?

Ive always liked the idea of playing with my allies, friends and new people together against my enemies and foes to conquer a world. The ShadowBane concept was great in that way. Leveling your character was fun, sometimes frustrating, but then again you got a chance to start over here and then which made it possible to improve and therefore even more fun!
When I first tried the game I though it was a simple normal mmorpg game. But when I realised you formed alliances, build great cities and conqured the world, my eyes started shimmering! I've always played online text based games with that concept, such as Utopia. But to get that into a 3d world? I was living my dream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKgTDJjIuts&hd=1

I belive that it could become a GREAT success if you gave it some time, and proper marketing. You could even start from scratch!
Grafics isn't the most important part of the game. It's what you're able to do inside the game. As long as I can personalize my character in a way I would like to play, and then wage war to take over the world while building up my own army and cities, I would be more happy than ever!

I promise that there's a big target group that would love to see this game!

raaven616
08-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Just spent the last 4 days basking under the hot Aerynthian sun. www.shadowbaneemulator.com (http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com) just finished up a 4 day Happy Birthday Shadowbane Open Alpha Event,and man did it feel SOOOO GOOOOD to stretch my legs on land that was thought to be taken away by money and power hungry (companies).The Emulator I believe has over 4000 individual accounts on file,of people just like me who didn't want this game to end.I still can't understand why the original companies involved would do that to so many devoted fans,and yes for a while I thought the Emulator was just a fan site and wasn't going anywhere,but these last 4 days was the absolute proof I was looking for.Well (raises glass)Here's to www.shadowbaneemulator.com (http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com) ..too bad ubi couldn't make it to the party!

Please OMG Please tell me what I need to get myself up and ready to participate in the August 27th-3 Sept. testing. I so miss this game. I often think of it and the fun I had with my friends.. I miss it greatly.

Please if you will contact me at this email

jlimages@hotmail.com If I need to unbury all my game CDs to reinstall this game, that is a task I'll work on between now and then with glee.

John

Nar10
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by raaven616:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quikness101:

Please OMG Please tell me what I need to get myself up and ready to participate in the August 27th-3 Sept. testing. I so miss this game. I often think of it and the fun I had with my friends.. I miss it greatly.

Please if you will contact me at this email

jlimages@hotmail.com If I need to unbury all my game CDs to reinstall this game, that is a task I'll work on between now and then with glee.

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd a lot O fun the last week with the Shadowbane Emulator project. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
However, it's far from ready compare to
the original Shadowbane source code,
but it was fun to PvP again in SBEmu.

How much in $ for the original source code of Shadowbane?

The Shadowbane fans and community would love
to p2p again with the best PvP -
MMO's to this date since (2003-2009).

Shadowbane Emulator Promotion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5WjrvpVdOc
-Xmyth

Norway

TusconSoul
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
IS THIS TRUE!! OMG, ARE OLD ACCOUNTS STILL ACTIVE?
THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!

Cronusson
10-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Tusconsoul is a name that looks very familiar Boningfinger ring a bells or how about Jurel//GelFlame i think what he had it as

yes its true they been working on an emulator for a while hope they finish it soon i want to play but i believe your old accounts will be gone
check em out http://www.playtocrush.com/forums/index.php

The_Natural
10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
SHADOWBANE IS DEAD BUT THE PHOENIX HAS RISEN FROM THE ASHES:
http://www.playtocrush.com/forums/index.php

THERE IS AN OPEN PREVIEW THIS NEXT WEEKEND

conan160
01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
For the love of god UBI, release the code, open the game again. Just do something. why just let it sit there? Why UBI why.
Pweasey, wit sugar an spwices :P

AnthonyG999
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Wow, I can't believe I still remember my login and password, doesn't surprise me as I loved playing this game. Shadowbane was without question the best ever PvP game. I loved to PK and even enjoyed to be PK'ed as the challenge was everything. There is nothing like roaming around late at night and coming up on a group out farming. Having two to five accounts running and attacking with two of your builds and taking out the whole macro and cleaning them of all of the loot! Only to laugh and figure it was a macro group with one or two live at their keyboards! Killing them first, then hitting all of the afk'ers. Was a giant rush, because you never knew who was going to wake up or get back to their character. Only to get a ton of hate tells later and only to laugh it all off. WAS WITHOUT QUESTION THE BEST MMORG! Still I feel the S/B itch. The funny thing is I played S/B from beginning to end and quit when it became free.

I am and will always be VODKA! As I loved playing on vodka redbulls.... so many guilds so many roles. My favorite was the run with MoM! Ministry and Masquers. Good-bye to all I have played with and all that I have had such a good time hanging out with online. It was a blast....

Sincerely,
VODKA!

CVega1119
04-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Most likly UBIsoft mod or admins will read this but if you were to open up shadowbane and but a montly fee on this you would make a killing alot of people will not agree or will not pay for, but alot more will if they are a true lover of shadowbane as i was. Just think about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShadeWrathe
05-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Was just reading this thread figured nothing would come of it ,but lmao very funny poor admins were going through absolute culture shock, I think lmao! think ima read again I know theres at least 1 or 2 more laughs there hehe.

CVega1119
05-22-2011, 01:03 PM
lol o' yeah!

casauboneco
06-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I loved SB

Best PVP MMO ever

Simply put the world was controlled by players.
A concept the WoW clones/corp game consultants dont understand...the wide open sandbox
It was completely machiavellian in its player run politics and alliances. So mch so that it was the subject of countless univercity studies.

Sadly UBI has gave up on a game/concept that could be profitable and give a steady revenue stream. SB players are seriously loyal. And so what if its a niche...its a steady income niche.
Example of another game is aces high. They have some of the oldest long running accounts in mmo's. A niche that slaps down a cool profit every month

UBI please release the source...make a deal with SBEMU, or Remake the game and take all of darkfall, rift, warhammer, all of age of conan, and a % of WoW players and their monthly fees.

yer sittin on a gold mine ya fools

hanelulu2
06-22-2011, 05:18 PM
its sad to look thru this topic again after 2 years and no official statement about releasing/selling the source code =(

Quikness101
07-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Soooo,I noticed that UBI went and made a FREE Tom Calamity Ghost Re(con) game?I wonder how long this will run till they close it like Shadowbane?I really don't expect an answer.Sbemu will be in beta soon sooo...ya..what ever..still not playing UBI games because of it.

casauboneco
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
UBI needs a new MMO
and should bring back the pvp powerhouse shadowbane.

SB4gamer
07-27-2012, 11:10 PM
There's an emulator out right now which illegally used SQL injections and recordings to get the code from UbiSofts client. They have made a vanilla version of the game, but inner turmoil seems to keep the project from ever really going anywhere. There's also a few more SB emulators out there that haven't gone public.

ShadeWrathe
10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Shadowbane never dies bump to thread ,so new people still here the games name SHADOWBANE best PVP MMORPG ever.

ShadeWrathe
03-19-2013, 11:43 AM
thought i'd bump this for nastalgia's sake good times only game worth playing.no wow cloned crap fests for me.