PDA

View Full Version : Name change possible??

Soul Thief
06-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Is it still possible for Mods or Admins to change names?? Because id like to go back to my original name Ant1s0c1al.

If its not possible, then im contemplating making a new account with the name. Is there any reason i should do that (rules, moral misconduct, angry mobs of psychiatric shrinks)

Soul Thief
06-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Is it still possible for Mods or Admins to change names?? Because id like to go back to my original name Ant1s0c1al.

If its not possible, then im contemplating making a new account with the name. Is there any reason i should do that (rules, moral misconduct, angry mobs of psychiatric shrinks)

scworld
06-17-2005, 07:59 AM
IIRC you can change your screen name.
Having multiple accounts is officially forbidden...

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2005, 07:59 AM
there was an old way where we could change the names people see in the fourms in the Go section and is in my profiles somewhere, except i think you cant do that anymore, there was a rush of people who did it a little while ago, but i dont see anyone else doing it lately.

Just keep the good old soul thief name man, its really cool....

f16cxv
06-17-2005, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scworld:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">IIRC you can change your screen name.</pre>
Having multiple accounts is officially forbidden<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">...</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have been given special permission from an certain mod, that I can make another acount. Thing is I'm not sure if I want to...http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif...

Desert Hawk
06-17-2005, 10:16 AM
I think the mods can change your display name. After the new software (the update before the last one) it was removed. Fortunately i jumped on the bandwagon and shortened mine.

Soul Thief
06-17-2005, 02:31 PM
well i asked RMM (mac) and he said

They cut out that feture to let you do that. Sorry.

but that didnt answer my question fully of

Is it possible to get my name changed back to Ant1s0c1al

I guess i wasnt specific enough, i meant can HE change it??

But if a mod will give me permission to open a new account that would be nice.

And Samfisher128, i would really like to keep my forum name the same on all my forums, it just gets confusing after a while.

Terrax213
06-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I tried to see if I could change it for you, but no dice, sorry. It only would let me edit things like your avatar, sig, etc. But I couldn't get into the window with the user name. I suppose an admin might could, or a senior mod (I've only been one since March)

Soul Thief
06-18-2005, 04:36 AM
Know anyone other than RMM, that i might ask?

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Sorry there Soul, you can't change it back and you can't get back your old name either. If you want to change to some other name do so <span class="ev_code_RED">BUT </span>let us know and we can remove the Soul account. Not good to break the rules you know.

Back when you could change the screen name I changed mine. So when I sign in I have to use my old name on the account, but <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Angel Fire </span>is what is on screen.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">PS: what's so wrong with Soul Thief. I like it and I'm sure the others like it.</span>

sam_fisher091
06-18-2005, 10:12 AM
wish i could change my name..... but too many people know me by this name

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2005, 09:53 AM
^^ Learn to live with it dude.

oh and soul, i like your name as it is, dont go a changin', its fine as it is....

Soul Thief
06-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Due to general likage, i wont change my name. Thanks for the support tho guys (and gals)

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Good. I'd HATE to see dancing Gir go...

Ninj3r
06-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Lol Rhoulette was actually gonna change my forum screenname a few months ago but never happened http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif