PDA

View Full Version : Principles of playing R.U.S.E.

Ruses
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
It is probably much too early to discuss this, but I am so anticipated about this game that I thoughed, why not have a fun topic about it?

With principles I really mean, what kind of gameplay styles you think would work etc.

The first thing that came to me is that, there is probably a trade-off between whether you focus your strategy on the first minutes of the game or you intent to focus on the latter part of the game.

Main reason I thoughed of this are the RUSES, they probably design the gameplay that you (slowly) advance in the number of units youhaven, into the middle- and endgame.

However if you save up ruses (1 ruse every 1 minute right?) you can pull an extensive ruse over your enemy and completely suprise him, even more if you save up money as well.
However, if your enemy focuses on the begin part of the game, you might very well not survive his first attack if you do not use ruses and did not invest enough money for units.

Ruses
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
It is probably much too early to discuss this, but I am so anticipated about this game that I thoughed, why not have a fun topic about it?

With principles I really mean, what kind of gameplay styles you think would work etc.

The first thing that came to me is that, there is probably a trade-off between whether you focus your strategy on the first minutes of the game or you intent to focus on the latter part of the game.

Main reason I thoughed of this are the RUSES, they probably design the gameplay that you (slowly) advance in the number of units youhaven, into the middle- and endgame.

However if you save up ruses (1 ruse every 1 minute right?) you can pull an extensive ruse over your enemy and completely suprise him, even more if you save up money as well.
However, if your enemy focuses on the begin part of the game, you might very well not survive his first attack if you do not use ruses and did not invest enough money for units.

TheVoice777
10-24-2009, 06:53 PM
lets wait and see what hapens...mabe they will have games/missions where it will be fast paced and also games/missions where it will be slower...