PDA

View Full Version : what fingers do i use?

MannicM
10-20-2011, 04:10 PM
i'm just getting started, but is there anything in practice mode or somewhere that suggests what fingers you should be using? i never know if i should be stretching my hand or shifting or what... and i end up playing it differently every time. i'm sure in time i'll develop a pattern, but just wondering if there are suggestions somewhere.

loving the "game"!!

r1chard34
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MannicM:
i'm just getting started, but is there anything in practice mode or somewhere that suggests what fingers you should be using? i never know if i should be stretching my hand or shifting or what... and i end up playing it differently every time. i'm sure in time i'll develop a pattern, but just wondering if there are suggestions somewhere.

loving the "game"!!

In game when the vertical frets are gold, those indicate hand placement(I think the track also turns a lighter shade, but I'm not sure).

Anyway typically the gold frets might be from 3rd to 6th frets so you park your index finger at fret 3, middle plays 4, ring plays 5, and pinky plays 6 (a lot of people reach with the ring). You might play a riff with the index and ring fingers walking forwards and back across the strings, and then the gold frets slide up to 7th fret and the riff continues this time with the hand at the new location and the index and ring are walking on the 7th and 9th frets.

The chord instructions give very specific finger placement.

AlexLifeson
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
if you do the riff repeater or leveler or chord techniques I believe it does show you the finders to use like RB3 Pro Mode did.
I saw it last night when playing RS

stuggus
10-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I would like to see perhaps something in the game address the use of which fingers to use also!

The only time in my life I ever picked up a guitar before was to hand it off to someone else. So I am literally starting at zero knowledge.

In the start of the game it has you use your index finger to play a note. I've been trying to do everything with just my index finger because the game never told me I should, or could, use any other!

All that aside, I am enjoying the heck out of this game, me and one really sore finger!

Kemeros
10-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Agreed, i'd like to know which finger(1-2-3-4 etc..) to put on each notes. I believe i am not using the right ones so it's making it difficult to play correctly. I try to adjust myself but some suggestions might help. Would be nice to be able to toggle that in the settings. And would be cool if the settings were accessible when you pause a song.

Goooner1
10-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Just look at the four vertical pillar things, the ones that are brightest, that's basically the position you need to be in to play the notes that come a long.

Anything in the one on the far left, play with your index finger, in the second one you're middle finger, etc...

With chords I think it shows you which fingers to use in the chord book.

sprusegoose
10-28-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.8notes.com/guitar_chord_chart/C.asp

Kemeros
10-28-2011, 10:39 AM
It says where my hand needs to be, agreed. Not where my fingers needs to be however. It might seem evident for some but not for everyone. At least not to me. The only time it's clear it's nor double stops and chords. Well it's clearer anyway. It's more during the single note i'm not sure which to use.

J0hnniez
01-11-2013, 11:13 AM
So Ok.. Now you know where your hands need to be.. Cool.. Your getting somewhere..

Now those 4 yellow vertical bars are the FRETS... you place your first finger on the space between the first bar and second bar then 2 finger next bar and so on.. That is your Anchor point ..
You see the blue lines coming toward you that is the track way that your notes are coming from They slowing or quickly, depending on song come towards the main strings of the guitar.. You will see numbers and little rectangular boxes..

Where you see a rectangular box coming up the the main strings if its Yellow box you play the Yellow string If the yellow box shows on the line that has a 3 then you play the Yellow string.. A string on the 3 fret..

So Stones Can't Get No Satisfaction would be.

Second fret, yellow string, 4th Fret yellow string, 5th fret yellow string.

If you saw a for example a Green Rectangular box and the number 10 coming toward you then you would play the Green string at the Tenth fret.

I can't explain it any simpler.. If you don't understand this you will have to sit in someones lap and learn that way.

:-)

Johnnie

rcole_sooner
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Wow this was an old thread.

I'm sure the OP either had it figured out or has moved on.