PDA

View Full Version : Re: Server Downtime



SODsniper
06-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Regarding the Server Downtime announcement.

Please accept this suggestion in the spirit that it is intended..

Please insure to have proper and current back-ups....

Just trying to hep' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

SCE_Sobek
06-28-2007, 01:23 PM
at least we get a "heads up" this time!

Thanx for that.

SCE_BltzPenguin
06-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I agree with Sobek, remember when the game login server went down for 3 days on the weekend. We had no word till after it came up and all UBI said was OOPS!. I am guessing they talking about the Multiplayer Login server. If its the website, forum, or some other server associated with the game they should clarify.

SODsniper
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SCE_BltzPenguin:
I agree with Sobek, remember when the game login server went down for 3 days on the weekend. We had no word till after it came up and all UBI said was OOPS!. I am guessing they talking about the Multiplayer Login server. If its the website, forum, or some other server associated with the game they should clarify.


I agree that the notification is a good thing.. UBI has learned from past mistakes.

However, I took the announcement to mean the Forums...

But you are correct.. This does need clarifying..

SCE_BltzPenguin
06-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Your probably right. It most likely is the forum server that will be down. That is the kinda information that the moderators would have. I doubt they would get info on the login servers.

Snipe4Me
06-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I find it funny, no, rather puzzleling that only the PC servers will be down and 1 lowly PS3 but ZERO Xbox... is that because Microsoft own the Xbox servers and not UBI?

Black-Saber
06-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok i have been looking for an answer for two days and i think yall are talking about my problem. just bought the game and keep getting Server Not Availible are the servers down or this just my problem and if so how long are they going to be down. Sorry i could not find any info on this anywhere else!!!

DX-GAME
06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Hows yer ports Saber?

BTW, lol, I took it to mean the game servers..


Originally posted by Snipe4Me:
I find it funny, no, rather puzzleling that only the PC servers will be down and 1 lowly PS3 but ZERO Xbox... is that because Microsoft own the Xbox servers and not UBI?

Sometimes it happens when you update game content..

SCE_BltzPenguin
06-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Black-Saber:
Ok i have been looking for an answer for two days and i think yall are talking about my problem. just bought the game and keep getting Server Not Availible are the servers down or this just my problem and if so how long are they going to be down. Sorry i could not find any info on this anywhere else!!!

Currently the servers that allow you to play online are up and running. When are you getting this messege? ... Is it when you click on multiplayer online? .... Is it after you type in your user name and password and click login? ... Do you get the message when you find a game server you want to play on and click on it? .... Do you connect through the internet over a router .... do you have a firewall?

Black-Saber
06-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the help. I have updated 1.04 patch. I am running on vista under compad mode for xp. i am running on a router. I do have a fire wall but i set it to allow ubi and r6v. After i put in name and pass and then click log in i get the message server not availible.

SODsniper
06-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Assuming anyone from UBI follows up on this, could we get a clarification as to exactly WHAT servers are going to experience the downtimes??

Forum??

Game??

Secret Servers???


Thanx

Black-Saber
06-29-2007, 08:19 AM
hmmm I turned off my firewall completely and now after i enter name and pass i click login and it crashes.

sandinthepants
06-29-2007, 08:20 AM
I would bet its the firewall,
I would try turning off for a connection attempt if for no other reason but to narrow down your issue.

SCE_BltzPenguin
06-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Black-Saber:
Thanks for the help. I have updated 1.04 patch. I am running on vista under compad mode for xp. i am running on a router. I do have a fire wall but i set it to allow ubi and r6v. After i put in name and pass and then click log in i get the message server not availible.

You might have to open or forward the ports that your game uses on your firewall and router. Here is a link to help you with that http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/3701058455 I would disable ALL firewalls temporarily to see if any of them are the problem.


Assuming anyone from UBI follows up on this, could we get a clarification as to exactly WHAT servers are going to experience the downtimes??

Forum??

Game??

Secret Servers???


Thanx


SODsniper

It's not till July 19th 2007, they have plenty of time to respond .... I might PM bukowski113 if we don't get a response after a week or so.

Rbrad1
06-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Just a thought...Maybe it is for this "Super" patch" that is supposed to be available "Mid July" ?

bukowski113
06-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry about the delay on the clarification.

It is the game servers that are going down on the 19th.

I'm also adding a clarification to the sticky.

SODsniper
06-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bukowski113:
Sorry about the delay on the clarification.

It is the game servers that are going down on the 19th.

I'm also adding a clarification to the sticky.

Thank you, Sir.

Much appreciated.

You can, then, ignore my statement that started this whole thread.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

SODsniper
06-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Rbrad1:
Just a thought...Maybe it is for this "Super" patch" that is supposed to be available "Mid July" ?

Don't tease me.... http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

SCE_BltzPenguin
06-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by bukowski113:
Sorry about the delay on the clarification.

It is the game servers that are going down on the 19th.

I'm also adding a clarification to the sticky.

Thank you for the clarification

BeCiDel
06-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Wohooo ! Server downtime (possibly new patch), right on my very birthday. ArenĀ“t you guys sweet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I bet the server browser will ROCK http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Perseus_AWC
06-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I am safe to assume the RVS servers will not be affected by this?

DX-GAME
06-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Quick, someone check and see if the other games have a patch due out mid july!!

SODsniper
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I haven't re-installed VEGAS yet....

Waiting for that "special" announcement... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif