View Full Version : "Cannot Initialize 3d Engine"

babyrooska
03-18-2005, 04:44 PM
For the love of God............

Please Someone............Tell me how to
get this **** game launched!!!!!!!!!
Ive updated directx, upated video driver on
a 9200 radeon vid card 128ram...my system: 1.7g pIV
with 512ram ,250g hd, 16xdvd , winxp, ---why for the love of God will this x$%&*!@ game not
startup/launch?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get this miserable mthr F error message: Cannot Initialize 3D Engine ------ HELP ME , THIS IS KILLING ME< I WANNA PLAY TOO!!!!

What can i do??? TO Get This Game To Run!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

babyrooska
03-18-2005, 04:44 PM

with 512ram ,250g hd, 16xdvd , winxp, ---why for the love of God will this x$%&*!@ game not
I get this miserable mthr F error message: Cannot Initialize 3D Engine ------ HELP ME , THIS IS KILLING ME&lt; I WANNA PLAY TOO!!!!

What can i do??? TO Get This Game To Run!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JavDog
03-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Be logical.

If your 3D is crashing maybe your settings on your card are too high.

Check and lower your refrsh rate and graphic quality settings individually. It'll work, you just need to free up some resources, thats all. ATI's are good cards.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-18-2005, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by babyrooska:

I get this miserable mthr F error message: Cannot Initialize 3D Engine ------ HELP ME , THIS IS KILLING ME&lt; I WANNA PLAY TOO!!!!

What can i do??? TO Get This Game To Run!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Run your sh3_detection program which tells you what hardware passes and fails again. Tell us more about that. I think it did pass for you but one step at a time. We will help ya buddy! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

dairydunkerlock
03-19-2005, 03:07 AM
I have exactly the same problem! I have a GF FX 5950 and a P4 3gig CPU with 1gig of memory. Do I need to free up resources, I **** well shouldn't! The detection program says my PC passes everything. I've downloaded the recent patch and I have an up to date graphics driver. My DirectX version is up to date too. PLEASE HELP!

cpt.KaPski
03-19-2005, 04:45 AM
If you'r using anykind of refresh rate program, turn it off and go back to original settings and it shall work.
I use refreshforce and got the "cannot initialize..." message before I turned it off.

dairydunkerlock
03-19-2005, 08:14 AM
I have no programs that try and improve my graphics. All my other games work fine!

diverre
03-19-2005, 06:27 PM
had this too....someone informed me correctly.

Go to Control panel....go to Diplay properties....settings & set to 1024x768 pixels and apply......exit and try SH3 again and i hope you had the good luck i had......though i now have a new bug being after playing around 5 mins or so my pooter crashes and re-starts on its own??? I know i am not alone and will await a patch which i am sure will solve this glitch.

dairydunkerlock
03-20-2005, 10:12 AM
YOU ARE A SAINT! Thankyou!

Now that I've actually played it, I must say I'm impressed.