PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Xbox 360 camera.................

Real720
06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Will there a good way (other than the feedback system) to prevent abusion regarding the feature that allows the users to post their faces on the characters in Rainbow Six.

Real720
06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Will there a good way (other than the feedback system) to prevent abusion regarding the feature that allows the users to post their faces on the characters in Rainbow Six.

GSG_9_Rage
06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
yeah, i can see people posting pictures of ther butts or other things, while humerous, it is pretty inappropriate.

Real720
06-08-2006, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
yeah, i can see people posting pictures of ther butts or other things, while humerous, it is pretty inappropriate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not even humerous......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

en4rcment
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can see people posting pictures of ther butts or other things... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

OMG...I had never even considered the "other" things that could be photographed...

Hopefully the software will have a strict mapping system requiring eyes/nose/mouth etc. I also hope there will be an approval system before using a custom face pic online...

Real720
06-08-2006, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by en4rcment:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can see people posting pictures of ther butts or other things... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also hope there will be an approval system before using a custom face pic online... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they have that for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for the PS2?

devilnevercry16
07-17-2006, 03:34 PM
From what I have read, the company has already seen this as a possible problem. They say the software will look for certain things in the picture, such as cheeks, nose and mouth. Trying to use you jimmy john for a character face will come up as an error they say. Thank God. I just hope I can make my character for offline play!

Scott.A.Smith
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
lol! and what if your jimmy john looks like a face...not like mine does... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif but come on now thighs can be cheeks, and other parts can be other things such as eyes and a nose...

captmac07
07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
GOOD GOD LOOK AT THE NOSE ON THAT GUY!!!!WTF!!!yes, this could go way south in a hurry.

drunkrepublican
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes. The Xbox 360 Camera can recognize the shape, size, and texture of a human face. So there won't be any *** faces (sadly)

Watch the camera "lock-on" her face (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6sO2LHO63s)

Jermtheory
08-23-2006, 06:00 PM
has there been any word on if you can use hand signals to control your squad?seems like an obvious addition.being able to lean and cause your character to lean would be pretty cool also.

RoaringMad Mac
08-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I am sure that if some numb skull was able to find away around that you could report it.

LeTHaL455
09-04-2006, 10:06 PM
im assuming that they will be taking the feedback on the system very seriously in regards to usage of the camera. one or two bad feedbacks would probably result in a loss of "camera privelages"

Jermtheory
09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
i dont see it being an issue really.

just dont video chat with people you dont know.the gamerpics will only be visible to friends,and the digimask program looks for eyes,nose,mouth,etc so you shouldnt be able to put anything but a face on in game characters.