PDA

View Full Version : Where Is The 4-Week Leaderboard?

Cully_UK
11-17-2011, 05:57 AM
I had a look around last night but couldn't find the old Brotherhood style rolling 4-week leaderboard.
There is one for your best single score per game mode, one for total points, and one for average score.
I'll be gutted if the old system is gone, as it was my main motivation to keep feeding my addiction week on week.
Can anyone else see it?

obliviondoll
11-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Really?

They scrapped Templar Grade?

The ONLY leaderboard that had ANYONE paying attention to ANY of the game's leaderboards?

I knew they were making a lot of stupid decisions, but I honestly didn't expect THAT one to happen...

Lethalla
11-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Maybe it'll be part of the new DLC pack coming out... But TG didn't really mean all that much in the latter months of ACB anyway. There were plenty of so-called "GM" who did nothing but chase and gun kills (and okay, I was guilty of a little bit of that myself, but only for the purposes of finishing the relevant challenges).

Personally I hope they DON'T bring back the TG scoreboard; it got way too difficult to try and keep getting better scores every week, on both consoles, and especially with the sad demise of Alliance.

DreamcasterXL
11-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Like Lethalla said it'd kinda become irrelevant as GM ranks were handed it like candy. I've seen so many "Grand Masters" running around in high profile mode game after game after game after game after getting 2 or 3k scores which tells me that's how they play all the time, and that's what got them their GM rank.

There were a core of great players at or nor the top but then you already knew they were great players so you didn't need the Templar Grade rankings to tell you that. The rest were boosters and other cheats.

Maybe when they figure out how to deal with the boosters the rankings will come back. And hopefully also balance the scoring so one particular FFA mode is a poor relation to the others in terms of top scores.

Cully_UK
11-17-2011, 08:42 AM
I hear what you are saying about it devaluing the GM status, but the very top guys were still the very top guys. I've been really looking forward to playing Revelations against friends now that we are all on the same platform for the first time, but although our head-to-heads would be the main focus, the templar grade would have been the true acid test of who was the best player.
Now we are in danger of getting one spectacular score that we know we'll never achieve again, and will therefore lack the motivation to keep trying for it. The average score statistic will be interesting for a while, but eventually it will slow down and become meaningless. And the total points thing just favours whoever plays the most games.
Very disappointed.

DreamcasterXL
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
We know who the top guys were though, I didn't for example need the rankings to tell me that dragonfang was the best at Assassinate, he'd handed my backside to me on quite a few occasions. xD

I hear what you're saying though, it's nice to have rankings to see where everybody is relative to each other and who is going up and who is going down but I'm guessing that most top players all have each other on their friends list so the friends hub provides a great way to see where their friends are and even what they need to do to beat them, and the friend points are a good motivation.

The Templar rankings were messed up as they were, hopefully the AC developers can come up with a better system and introduce it in the near future.

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Indeed. Unless you have boosters as friends, the friend hub should be enough.

Because I'm sure these kind of leaderboards will be filled with boosters soon.

Mc Dudes
11-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh yea i hope that ubisoft bring back the TG but please can you only have like 100 grandmaster instead for like 15 000????

Drybones20008
11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah i kinda miss the Templar scoring! Personally it was something to work and look for week after week. Sure it got really hard to maintain when i got to the top 50 but i found it was still fun to try to work to try to stay in the green every week.

persiateddy95
11-18-2011, 09:43 AM
What people don't get is that ACR is a starting over. TS wasn't included in ACB at release so why would it be on ACR?

It's a new beginning.