PDA

View Full Version : Amazon is accepting the CE as a defective return

plm4
04-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Provided of course you ordered it from Amazon.

Just got my prepaid shipping label, sending my CE back to Amazon for a full refund, then Amazon will ship all the returned Collector's Editions to Ubisoft.

Worst CE ever. Broken USB, then release the CE content for free so everyone can download it.

TreFacTor
04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by plm4:
Worst CE ever. Broken USB, then release the CE content for free so everyone can download it. I could not agree more!

JoyRiderUSA
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Do we get another copy?

ZoomerX_GC
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
UBI should replace the drives, not just give us a download.

SilencedScream0
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I didn't get the CE, but...

The USB was the only thing that made the CE worth getting, in my opinion (and it wasn't worth an extra $20).

The tin case didn't matter. I've never felt that it did at all. You didn't buy the game for the case. It's going to sit off to the side while you play.

On top of that, even if they didn't upload the extras on their site for EVERYONE, it would've all been up on Youtube within the first week anyway, and everyone could've just seen it there for free.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Decayed is right in saying that you guys should get the USBs replaced.

plm4
04-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by JoyRiderUSA:
Do we get another copy?

Amazon will let you exchange it for another, but why bother? 99% of the USB drives are defective (as in not working at all) and Ubisoft isn't going to replace their defective product.

So I'm returning the CE to Amazon for a full refund, Amazon will return all the defective games to Ubisoft and I'll eventually buy Conviction used so I don't give Ubisoft my money directly.

RolloTomasi2008
04-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by plm4:
I'll eventually buy Conviction used so I don't give Ubisoft my money directly.

I do this with the few EA titles I'm willing to play and will now do the same with Ubi.

Once upon a time Ubi was a company I could buy a game from site unseen with no worries and now it's come to this. What a shame.

ZoomerX_GC
04-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Silenced: The metal case for me is a plus. All my plastic ones get busted up...

solenoid
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
The best way to get back at UBI, if that's what you want to do, is to return your CE from wherever you got it. They may say, "it's opened you can't" but trust me, if you push they will return it because it's defective and then they will send it back to UBI. So who takes the financial hit? UBI!

On top of that, if you really want to stab them in the eye with a spoon, when you return it you can swap it for a used version of the game (assuming you still want one). If enough people did this it would add up and turn into a giant loss for UBI.

I promise going to the BBB will do nothing (in this case). If someone is compensated by UBI from a complaint they sent to the BBB and can show me proof, I will post a video of myself on youtube licking a dog turd!

PS- AHH post 100! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

KhAoZx90
04-16-2010, 11:39 PM
For the fact neither of my codes worked and my USB is bunk i plan on exchanging for another copy in the hopes i get a working USP and new codes....this time i just hope the USB works because i think its cool

SilencedScream0
04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ZoomerX_GC:
Silenced: The metal case for me is a plus. All my plastic ones get busted up...

Someone needs to be a bit more careful. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

plm4
04-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by solenoid:
The best way to get back at UBI, if that's what you want to do, is to return your CE from wherever you got it. They may say, "it's opened you can't"

Amazon is awesome. They said I could return it, and I told them it was already opened (as I had tried the USB card). Amazon said they didn't care, I could send it back and emailed me a prepaid return label.

Then I told them I felt bad, because it wasn't their fault and they shouldn't lose money over this, and the Amazon rep said that Amazon wouldn't lose anything, to not worry and send it back, they would throw it in a pile with all the other defective Conviction Collector's Editions and return them to Ubisoft and Ubisoft would end up paying for them because Amazon doesn't pay it's vendors for defective merchandise.

SilencedScream0
04-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by solenoid:
If someone is compensated by UBI from a complaint they sent to the BBB and can show me proof, I will post a video of myself on youtube licking a dog turd!

Alright, people.
New idea:
EVERYONE go to the BBB with this issue.

OniLinkSword
04-17-2010, 04:05 AM
But I like the art book and metal case... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

solenoid
04-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by SilencedScream0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solenoid:
If someone is compensated by UBI from a complaint they sent to the BBB and can show me proof, I will post a video of myself on youtube licking a dog turd!

Alright, people.
New idea:
EVERYONE go to the BBB with this issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

NMOne
04-18-2010, 04:57 AM
USB and content codes worked just fine for me.

decayedmatter
04-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by NMOne:
USB and content codes worked just fine for me. Good for you? Doesn't mean the rest of them aren't broken.

REALCUPIDKILLA
04-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by decayedmatter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NMOne:
USB and content codes worked just fine for me. Good for you? Doesn't mean the rest of them aren't broken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, dude hes just saying I think he realizes that.

solenoid
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Personal attacks/ insults are not permitted</span>

decayedmatter
04-20-2010, 06:50 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Responding to insults with insults is an equally bad idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif</span>