PDA

View Full Version : BA Guadalcanal after flak hit can't get back to the airfield

Thorshammer66
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I am playing my sons WII. I ma not a gamer, but I am a trained navy pilot. I can not get this bird back on the deck. I have tried several different flight profiles, speeds, landing gear down/up. I must be missing something, Can anyone help to make this easier. It has a right yaw, with a slower left roll on the long axis. I would normally be able to counter this, but can't in this game, what gives???

Thanks,

Erik

derekb1953
01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Thorshammer66:
I am playing my sons WII. I ma not a gamer, but I am a trained navy pilot. I can not get this bird back on the deck. I have tried several different flight profiles, speeds, landing gear down/up. I must be missing something, Can anyone help to make this easier. It has a right yaw, with a slower left roll on the long axis. I would normally be able to counter this, but can't in this game, what gives???

Thanks,

Erik

Only way I could do this was by changing the options from simulator mode to arcade mode, this gives you a bit more control. Aim for the left of the airfield.

DerekB

GringoEd
04-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Best way is to land well before the flak hits you. Press X and switch planes to finish mission. If you wait until the plane is disabled by flak, it may take multiple attempts to land without crashing. You KNOW the flak hit is coming, so why fly around until you get shot? Best way to win gunfight is not be there.