PDA

View Full Version : Myst DVD hasn't arrived

Corun
11-23-2003, 05:27 AM
The Myst DVD didn't arrive with my copy of Uru on the 17th. I had read on this forum that the DVD was delayed and would ship separately. Ok I can understand delays in getting a product ready, and since I wasn't as concerned about the Myst DVD as I was about Uru I waited all week for the Myst DVD to arrive before writing something here. This morning, 23 November, I checked the Ubi Store site to track the status of the order to find that it had been shipped the 21st and had arrived at the station in Alexandria, VA yesterday 22 November, where's it's awaiting delivery to my home. However in looking at the details on the UPS site it tells me that it won't be delivered until Wednesday the 26th. That makes it five days total delivery time instead of the promised two days I paid for. What's up with that Ubi?

The thing that p****s me off here is the fact that I feel I've been lied to. The ethic of big business (Ubi seems to be one example of a pervasive trend) these days seems to be take their money and tell them lies. Who cares as long as they get their product eventually. And don't bother explaining things to them because they're too stupid to understand. Well that's not right. If it's going to take five days to deliver a product to me then tell me that. I can handle the truth. I don't like being lied to. The product was shipped the 21st. It arrived in Alexandria the 22nd. UPS doesn't deliver on weekends, fine that's there policy and I know that up front. I can deal with that. So I expect delivery to occur Monday at the latest in order for Ubi to comply with the 2 day delivery I paid for. If it's at my local UPS station now (and it is according to UPS) there's no reason I shouldn't get it Monday. It's Ubi's responsibilty to ensure that their chosen shipper complies with what Ubi has promised its customers.

Corun

Corun
11-23-2003, 05:27 AM
The Myst DVD didn't arrive with my copy of Uru on the 17th. I had read on this forum that the DVD was delayed and would ship separately. Ok I can understand delays in getting a product ready, and since I wasn't as concerned about the Myst DVD as I was about Uru I waited all week for the Myst DVD to arrive before writing something here. This morning, 23 November, I checked the Ubi Store site to track the status of the order to find that it had been shipped the 21st and had arrived at the station in Alexandria, VA yesterday 22 November, where's it's awaiting delivery to my home. However in looking at the details on the UPS site it tells me that it won't be delivered until Wednesday the 26th. That makes it five days total delivery time instead of the promised two days I paid for. What's up with that Ubi?

The thing that p****s me off here is the fact that I feel I've been lied to. The ethic of big business (Ubi seems to be one example of a pervasive trend) these days seems to be take their money and tell them lies. Who cares as long as they get their product eventually. And don't bother explaining things to them because they're too stupid to understand. Well that's not right. If it's going to take five days to deliver a product to me then tell me that. I can handle the truth. I don't like being lied to. The product was shipped the 21st. It arrived in Alexandria the 22nd. UPS doesn't deliver on weekends, fine that's there policy and I know that up front. I can deal with that. So I expect delivery to occur Monday at the latest in order for Ubi to comply with the 2 day delivery I paid for. If it's at my local UPS station now (and it is according to UPS) there's no reason I shouldn't get it Monday. It's Ubi's responsibilty to ensure that their chosen shipper complies with what Ubi has promised its customers.

Corun

gadreel23
11-23-2003, 06:23 AM
I agree with you 100%, Corun.

Where the HELL is the DVD, UBISOFT?!!!!

And while we're asking questions... How about divving up some answers about Uru LIVE?!!!!

-Gadreel

Corun
11-23-2003, 07:25 AM
I'm not as concerned about Uru Live at this point. I'm a network engineer and I understand the tremendous load their machines are going to be under. I also understand the depth of the programming involved to pull of something like Uru live. I'm willing to cut them some slack on that aspect.

What annoys me most is not being told up front about problems, either in shipping or delays or whatever. It's as if the corporate heads at Ubi either don't understand or don't care that their customer base deserves some consideration. It's our money afterall that keeps them in business. A little courtesy on that score would be nice.

I appreciate the efforts of Pa'lua and Kh'atie who have tried to keep us abreast of situations, and have found themselves in the unenviable position of being apologists for Ubi. But by the same token the company itself should be making some sort of effort at mollification. There are a lot of ruffled feathers out here and it would behoove Ubi Corporate to do something about smoothing them. Their credibility is slipping pretty badly.

Corun