PDA

View Full Version : Box

whmice
08-31-2005, 02:57 PM

LordCiego
08-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I have chosen the last option but knowing ubisoft it doesn´t worry me, All of their games come with a manual, smaller or bigger but they had one.

I Hope they at least put a miniposter or something like that with the creatures and stats.

KingImp
08-31-2005, 03:41 PM
I honestly didn't know how to vote here since the choices confused me and one was downright wrong. Heroes 4 had a manual. As a matter of fact, I'm looking at it right now. All 125 pages of it.

That said, I hate some of these games that come with no manual, or at best a small 4 page insert inside the CD case. That is not a manual! For a game like Heroes, you need something that is indepth to teach you all the little aspects of the game. Running around a map can only teach you so much, but you need the manual to let you know what everything does.

So, my choice, if it were an option in this poll would be that the game definitely needs to include an indepth manual.

Aseved
08-31-2005, 03:49 PM
You can find some discussion on the box here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/5331025903/p/1)

Hodge_Podge
08-31-2005, 07:55 PM
My original Heroes IV came with a manual and a kinda poster too. The expansions had "jewel case" manuals showcasing what's new and stuff. I don't know what version of Heroes IV you got, but mine came with a manual (hard copy booklet) and I still use it almost every time I play.

KingImp
08-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Hodge_Podge:
My original Heroes IV came with a manual and a kinda poster too. The expansions had "jewel case" manuals showcasing what's new and stuff. I don't know what version of Heroes IV you got, but mine came with a manual (hard copy booklet) and I still use it almost every time I play.

The main reason I use mine is to find out what each Advanced Class actually does. When upgrading in the game, it tells you what your class would be, but doesn't say what the benefits are. Thank God for the manual in this instance.

Dark_Magiks
08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by LordCiego:
I have chosen the last option but knowing ubisoft it doesn´t worry me, All of their games come with a manual, smaller or bigger but they had one.

I Hope they at least put a miniposter or something like that with the creatures and stats.

Yeah I hope for a simple easy to follow and informative poster like the fold out lamenated one from homm2 (So F***ing useful http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif)

KyleSeton
08-31-2005, 11:01 PM
i really think it would depend on if it would cost more because what the company spends in looks the customers have to pay for in the long run.But it depends on which view the company takes a look at on one side a box could improve viewing and in turn help attract attention to the customers eye or on the other hand save money and spend that on other advertisement areas

Zamolxis108
09-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Voted: " What?? no poster to hang on the wall and stickers around the screen?"

I want everything: manual, large creature sheet, world map, town build-up trees, stickies, posters etc. It's the only way I'll pay "50 for a game with StarForce. I love the game too much to miss the extras, but I also love my computer and am too lazy to deal with all the headaches that come with StarForce (no Nero, software/hardware conflicts, no ISO etc). So yeah, I won't through away "50 for only a DVD in a box, with just an 8 pages brief brochure as cover and that's it.

Dink-the-Mink
09-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Zamolxis108:
Voted: " What?? no poster to hang on the wall and stickers around the screen?"

I want everything: manual, large creature sheet, world map, town build-up trees, stickies, posters etc. It's the only way I'll pay "50 for a game with StarForce. I love the game too much to miss the extras, but I also love my computer and am too lazy to deal with all the headaches that come with StarForce (no Nero, software/hardware conflicts, no ISO etc). So yeah, I won't through away "50 for only a DVD in a box, with just an 8 pages brief brochure as cover and that's it.

Amen.

UndeadDontDie
09-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Please, no DVD boxes, give me my cardboard box with my comprehensive manual and I'll be happy (don't forget to put this discs in too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)