PDA

View Full Version : Zoom bug with assigning buttons to MSFF2 stick

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 07:40 PM
I found a bug that I've been able to reproduce -

I want to assign Quick Zoom In, Quick Zoom Out, and Normal view to the Hatswitch on my Force Feedback 2 stick. I use the ingame assigning features and it will work at first - but once I zoom in tight, the views will lock and there is no way to resort to normal view or zoom out. The numpad keys don't work, and even the keyboard keys won't zoom it out either. The only thing that will happen is if I hit the hatswitch button to full zoom out - it will do that - but then my view will be stuck until I exit out of the mission and start another one.

Infinitely repeatable.

But if I clear those assignments, exit out, and use the MSFF2 software (Control Panel, Hardware, Game Controlelrs, Properties) and assign the keys for zooming in and out to my stick - when I go back in the game it works great.

Not a big deal as I have found a workaround - but nevertheless a bug that you guys might not have known about.

Thanks for a great sim!

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 07:40 PM
I found a bug that I've been able to reproduce -

I want to assign Quick Zoom In, Quick Zoom Out, and Normal view to the Hatswitch on my Force Feedback 2 stick. I use the ingame assigning features and it will work at first - but once I zoom in tight, the views will lock and there is no way to resort to normal view or zoom out. The numpad keys don't work, and even the keyboard keys won't zoom it out either. The only thing that will happen is if I hit the hatswitch button to full zoom out - it will do that - but then my view will be stuck until I exit out of the mission and start another one.

Infinitely repeatable.

But if I clear those assignments, exit out, and use the MSFF2 software (Control Panel, Hardware, Game Controlelrs, Properties) and assign the keys for zooming in and out to my stick - when I go back in the game it works great.

Not a big deal as I have found a workaround - but nevertheless a bug that you guys might not have known about.

Thanks for a great sim!