PDA

View Full Version : Can we have the original siege types back please ASAP!

BS PALADIN
08-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Why are the siege community being overlooked. From the start of GRAW we have said that the new siege is inferior to the previous siege types. It promotes predictability and lessens longevity. It is also very unbalanced as it suits the defending team as they always know where the attacking team come from and they have a base stuck right in a corner which is easily defended anyway.

Can we have:

1 GR2 siege back - Base in the middle of the map and 4 randomly chosen offensive spawns located around the outskirts of the map.

2. OGR siege back - Choice of anyone of 4 spawns located around the map for base and offense spawn.

This can be done by making a custom blind siege. You can either select any spawn for each side or select both or either sides spawn as random.

This is what made siege so popular, a certain level of randomess and unpredictability. It made each game unique. Present siege is the same thing every game.

For example Ghost Village was a fantastic siege map. Now it will be boring as hell and played out within a week. Why? Because there will be 2 spawns stuck in corners. Other maps would benefit greatly from this as well. Imagine Government District with a base in the central park and the offensive spawns all around it. Attacking and defending would become more balanced and more importantly more fun.

Other maps that would benfit greatly would be Caldera, Station, The Cut, Aftermath, Locks, Crash Site, Mountain Base, in fact nearly all ( all apart from HQs ).

I know that there is programming and testing to be done before we can get this, but please can we have this ASAP. Or please let us know that you are working on it. We have been directly asking for this for 5 months now. This is something that will bring people back to GRAW 2.

I know this seems like you are getting complaints when you are releasing new maps for free. But the choice of maps further emphasises the poor quality of the present siege type. Siege has been abandoned for 2 games now and needs to be revigourated. Im sorry if i come across as a whiny biatch but i believe these options will be great for the game.

BS PALADIN
08-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Why are the siege community being overlooked. From the start of GRAW we have said that the new siege is inferior to the previous siege types. It promotes predictability and lessens longevity. It is also very unbalanced as it suits the defending team as they always know where the attacking team come from and they have a base stuck right in a corner which is easily defended anyway.

Can we have:

1 GR2 siege back - Base in the middle of the map and 4 randomly chosen offensive spawns located around the outskirts of the map.

2. OGR siege back - Choice of anyone of 4 spawns located around the map for base and offense spawn.

This can be done by making a custom blind siege. You can either select any spawn for each side or select both or either sides spawn as random.

This is what made siege so popular, a certain level of randomess and unpredictability. It made each game unique. Present siege is the same thing every game.

For example Ghost Village was a fantastic siege map. Now it will be boring as hell and played out within a week. Why? Because there will be 2 spawns stuck in corners. Other maps would benefit greatly from this as well. Imagine Government District with a base in the central park and the offensive spawns all around it. Attacking and defending would become more balanced and more importantly more fun.

Other maps that would benfit greatly would be Caldera, Station, The Cut, Aftermath, Locks, Crash Site, Mountain Base, in fact nearly all ( all apart from HQs ).

I know that there is programming and testing to be done before we can get this, but please can we have this ASAP. Or please let us know that you are working on it. We have been directly asking for this for 5 months now. This is something that will bring people back to GRAW 2.

I know this seems like you are getting complaints when you are releasing new maps for free. But the choice of maps further emphasises the poor quality of the present siege type. Siege has been abandoned for 2 games now and needs to be revigourated. Im sorry if i come across as a whiny biatch but i believe these options will be great for the game.

MaynardJames82
08-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Couldn't agree more! Sad thing is I never got to play OGR, GR2 ro GR2:SS in their prime. I only tested out GR2 & SS a month before GRAW came out.

That being said...Blind Siege was very enjoyable in GRAW1, on GRAW2 it's pretty much siege on a rotating cycle...you always spawn directly across from the other team, unless the defend spot is in the middle of the map...like it still should be in normal Siege!

But, they screwed the community by leaving Blind Siege out of GRAW1 at launch (released it with the overpriced Chapter 2 download $15!) and these days you can't even find a game of Blind Siege to join!

As I stated, Chapter 2's $15 price tag was a little too steep for most, but I would have paid double that! Back in the day Blind Siege rooms were as common as Shapshooter matches on Headquarters are now!

Most likely we will never get what we want, so we might as well give up (as I have...sold GRAW and GRAW2) and find other games to play or get a degree in game design and develope the games we want!

xXP-SoNXx
08-28-2007, 02:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can we have:

2. OGR siege back - Choice of anyone of 4 spawns located around the map for base and offense spawn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Give us back these two game types.

Plus the old BLS, like Maynard says, you always spawn on the opposite side in GRAW2, which make it too predictable.

Siege and BLS like it is now has ruined GRAW 2 completely, I don´t enjoy playing this game any more beacuse of this.

Edit: And when it comes to BLS, please remove the letters and numbers that reveals where the base is located. It´s called Blind Siege!!
If you want to know where the base is located, there is one thing called a map!

MaynardJames82
08-28-2007, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xXP-SoNXx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can we have:

2. OGR siege back - Choice of anyone of 4 spawns located around the map for base and offense spawn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Give us back these two game types.

Plus the old BLS, like Maynard says, you always spawn on the opposite side in GRAW2, which make it too predictable.

Siege and BLS like it is now has ruined GRAW 2 completely, I don´t enjoy playing this game any more beacuse of this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also approve of all of the above, heck we might as well just go play GR2 and GR2:SS, if I could private chat and receive voice messages while playing BC games I would spend much more time on those two!

As it stands I'll try out the new map pack (if it releases within the next two weeks) then take GRAW2 back to blockbuster and say my goodbye's to the series that could have been great on the 360, but as it stands now, its just a series peaked during the last gen and has just turned into a money maker for Ubi & Redstorm.

Long live the series that defined tactical, realistic shooters and I shall await the next good addition to the genre.

'Til then, I'll indulge in TRUE arcade and unrealistic shooters that do what you'd expect from that genre, and leave "advanced warfighter" for good...seeing that I can't even classify it into a certain genre these days...it tries to satisfy everyone and disappoints almost everyone at the same time!

MaynardJames82
08-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Well after playing the new/old maps I can honestly say that they only remind me of how fun they are to play on GR2 and GR2:SS...between the precise (noob) aim and the unrandomness of Siege and Blind Siege, this whole rental and the free maps and all have only made me feel more confident about my decision to abandon the "advanced warfighter" series.

The only thing at this point I can honestly say the 360 ghost recons did right is implement smoke, w/o smoke the OTS view just ruins any chance of the attackers in Siege to have a decent chance of surviving. The inability to change the shoulder your OTS camera feed views from did help a bit in those reguards.

If only GR2 and GR2:SS had kept the first person only view I could possibly view them as 2 of the greatest online shooters.

Well, have fun guys/gals I'm going to abandon these forums as well and get back to playing Shadowrun, R6 Vegas, BF2:MC and soon Halo 3.

ZPaul2Fresh8
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I agree. Siege has become too predictable. Even blind siege has.

We need random or preferably selectable insertion points for attackers on normal siege.

For blind siege, we actually need RANDOM spawns. The defenders can always tell where the attackers are coming from depending on what base they are given.

If the base is 1, then the attackers are coming from 2.

If the base is 2, then the attackers are coming from 1. etc...

It's an easily rememorable pattern that is the same on every map. Please fix!