PDA

View Full Version : Help Questions Please

adt123
03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok I got SH3. AWESOME GAME. Really like it just having some questions.

1. Is there any way to tell without the outside cam where ships are. I keep getting ran over or something at perscobe hight.

2. What can you do with the sonar, radio, and gamophone.

3. How do you take a screanshot and whats with like making it nicer with like del and where i find it in files.

Thats for the help

adt123
03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok I got SH3. AWESOME GAME. Really like it just having some questions.

1. Is there any way to tell without the outside cam where ships are. I keep getting ran over or something at perscobe hight.

2. What can you do with the sonar, radio, and gamophone.

3. How do you take a screanshot and whats with like making it nicer with like del and where i find it in files.

Thats for the help

gravee01
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
1. Hydrophone. Press H key. Make sure you have a good man at the Sonar station they will report contacts on the Navigation map (F5).

2. Read the manual.

3. CTRL+F11 for screenshot. Period/Del key on numpad for hiding the on screen buttons and controls for cleaner screenshots.

Bulwark_
03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
hmmm...

1. Take a sweep with the hydrophone before coming to periscope. Than take a spin on your opservation periscope, and it all looks clear then it should be safe to surface. If you're travelling at periscope depth, than your radio guy should inform you of a sound contact if you're that close.

2. Sonar: Ping a sound contact to find distance, or it's also used to find depth below the keel.
Radio: Send and receive messages.
Gramophone: Play music. Put MP3 files into your gramophone directory.

3. To take a screenshop, press CTRL+F11. The screenshots are then stored as BMP's in the game directory. To make them look sweet, press Del on your numeric keypad. You may possibly have to toggle your numlock.

Edit: Yes I'm slow too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

vernski32905
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
ADT123,

On point 1. You can take over the hydrophone operator's positon by right clicking on the hydrophone operator, then you can sweep around and "listen" for enemy ships, but it won't work unless you are submerged.

On point 2, check my previous post on the Gramophone. Basically it plays the music in the game and you can add your own tunes!
The radio is what you use to send in your reports and recieve new orders.

On point 3, I have not tried to take a screen shot, but the instructions are in the game manual.

Not to be disrespectful, but all you need to know is in the game manual.

Cheers.
Anymore questions, I will be more than happy to answer them!

Cheers,
Vernski

adt123
03-29-2005, 04:28 PM
ok thx guys. Really fast replys helped a lot. Found another thing really bothering me. About convoys. I was playing a single player mission and there was a convoy bit too. Its easy to take the first ship out but then all the ships come looking for me and sometimes ram me. How do I fire torps when there all chaising me and firing lol. I cant surface because I be dead by all the battleships. Trops also take time to load and in silent mode you cant load so its pretty much a really hard choice. 2nd how do I get them to load. Do they attomacly load them after I fire or do I have to hit fire while there red. Thanks you guys are really helping me. Oh yea one more question, when im on campaign still on the first thing I chose do I just plot a corse and then tell them to follow that course and use the + to make time go faster. One question if they spot a ship or im getting close to shallow water with the time go back normal without me doing it.

TASKFORCE1x1
04-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Topic moved to Com. Help April 6 2004.