PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Maps Archive - Feedback Wanted

SCMA
10-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey Guys, I've been a lurker on these forums for a while now and enjoy the Versus mode of the game more than single player, but other than say one or two websites or people on here, its hard to find access to maps that are created etc.

So, I propose to create a website for Splinter Cell, but primarily for it to host these maps for people who create them. Therefore, no need to use free hosts and I will make sure everything is up to date. I know there is already a few websites available, but some ain't in English (as most people here fluently speak) and some may be just... below par.

Im not going to talk **** to you guys, as I know you are probably used to people claiming they will do something and you never see anything. This website is already in progress. I just would like feedback from you guys on if this is worthwhile, what you would like to see us have (rating system? automated uploads?) so that when we go live, we will have what you guys want to see.

Anyway, if response is good, I will try and contact some map makers myself in order to have content available from day one. Thanks for any input you guys have.

Iservealot
10-16-2005, 10:39 PM
GREAT idea, i'm glad to see that you are helping out the comunity. GREAT idea, maybe there should be a like a "upcoming maps" section? where the makers can show off stuff on maps that they are creating?

FIN-Ravager
10-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Good idea.

Red_SoN
10-17-2005, 03:56 AM
worth a try

SCMA
10-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

I have already started to contact people about hosting their maps as I have significant progress with the website.

Anyway, I urge many other map makers to come forward and post links to maps as I will download them and then upload them to my server and once the site goes live (very soon), the maps will be available for direct download.

Boobonys
10-17-2005, 08:06 AM
That's a great idea! You could make a rating system, ability to comment every map, download counter... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SCMA
10-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeh, I was planning something along the lines of that.

Anyway, just for a sneak peak, heres a shot at the utilities page. I have links to every patch released for CT & PT aswell as Map Editors, ATC's & Documentation. Obviously I aint gonna show u the map pages or anything yet, this is just so you know what it will be like...

View Screenshot of Site (http://nfsuo.gamingsource.net/scma_shot.jpg)

(Thanks to NFSUO @ Gaming Source for hosting shot).

Vth_F_silver
10-17-2005, 09:04 AM
The shot is looking good! What`s the url of your Website gonna be like? scma.com? Couse I think, It should be an easy name to remember it.

EDIT: I noticed that there is already a scma.com website..

Red_SoN
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
whatabout http://www.scmaps.com

scworld
10-17-2005, 10:51 AM
What is your bandwidth limit?

I am hosting 98% of all PT maps and almost all quality CT maps.

SCMA
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Pretty much unlimited. It is at a level im pretty sure won't be breeched.

When I try to enter splinter cell world, i get an account suspended error?

scworld
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Correct. I had a leech with a lot of connections http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
BTW, I am my own server admin with customers, so I had to take my own site down to compensate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I transferred the videos to another part outside the reachable directory and just unsuspended myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Life's good.

Hypersonic916
10-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Here's a list of all the CT maps that i know of just in case you want to see which maps you got and which ones you still need. Some i don't have either because the downloads aren't working or something. Also listed on the other column is upcoming maps so you can preview them and post screenshots of them and all for their website.

Custom Maps out:

UMP Hospital Classic
UMP Krauser Lab
UMP Vertigo Plaza 2005
UMP Cinema
UMP Shelendrom
Krauser Lab (crappy port)
Cinema (crappy port)
Shelendrom (crappy port)
Mount Hospital (crappy Port)
Mount Hospital MOD
Red Tower Beta
Heliport
Hard Jump
Hard Jump 2
Hard Jump 3
Hard Jump 4
Club House 2
Musueum Classic N
Museum Classic S
Warehouse Classic E
Warehouse Mixed
Pyrocyptic
Offshore Oilrig
Abandoned Bunker
Shadownet (don't have because dl wasn't working)
La Plangue
Big Island
Hotel 57
Base Secret
Eden
Dimmykron Estate
The Met RS
MT_Squared_Pier
Artilliary Warehouse
Labyrnt
Dock
Steel Squat
Club House vs. Museum
Dance Club
Base Camp (map doesn't seem to work, if you can get a working link from the map maker, maybe)
Sub Labs
Stock House
Die Turnhalle
Chemical Industries
DM Contain Beta
Lagerhaus
SC_Militia (no link was given for it though)
S├┬Âldner Au├čenposten 7-PGE (i couldn't get a working link for this)
Buddhist Temple (beta)
Operation Assault Beta (i hear full version will come sometime in the future)
Outpost
Deftech Fog
Athlon

Upcoming Maps:

Shadow Moses
Panama Bank
Argus PMC Submarine
Argus HQ
Shadownet HQ
Cargo Ship
MT_Squared_River Mall 2
Aquarius 2
Bank Mixed
River Mall Mixed
Mount Hospital Classic E
Deftech Classic N
Deftech Classic E
Deftech Classic S
Station 2
Orphanage 2
Missile Strike 2
Factory 2
Grey Line
The Shop
Argus Lab (CT version)
Gaming Corp
Street Map
Devil's Kingdom
Airport
School (at least Krazoa SAYS he'll finish it, and that i'm helping him when he finishes the layout of it)
National Museum (i may be helping white dwarf finish it)
Polar Base

Maps that i've seen before, but haven't heard of in so long (i don't know if they still exsist or not)

Dark Clubhouse
Psychriatic Service
W****something**** Alpha 4
Lighthouse (i haven't seen this by the Nox Clan in so long)
Wood Map
Japense Map
Aquarius (i've seen a yellow highlighted one)
Damian Prison
High Security (anyone know where reconman104 is anyhow? he hasn't been on xfire/playing games online for a long while now)
Construction Site
Castle

And if you can, i'd try to host ALL the maps for CT that users made. Even if they're crappy ones, i'd still host them. It will also make the map selection bigger, and more people will know that you will just post every single one instead of all the good ones. I think it's fair. If you can fit them all on one thing. Maybe try having like different sections for the maps too. Also, maybe along with map downloads, once they come out (i could help you with this since i already started making a topic about this) try reviewing them (pm me if you want help with reviews for your web site) and giving them a rating out of 10. But like out of a .0 or .5 thing. Example: 4.5 or 4.0 out of 10. Then you'd say whether you would downlaod it or not. You could do this for ever map too. Also an upcoming maps preview section could show off info and screens of the map. So each time a fourm member revewals a map, and posts screens/info of it, you can post it on your website.

I hope you find this useful.

SCMA
10-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for that huge list. A great help

I guess I should be spending a few days collating them all and putting them up for download. Are they all still online?

When it comes to hosting all maps, I intend to do just that, but only exclude the buggy or totally unplayable ones.

Reviewing maps is a great idea, would you be interested?

Hypersonic916
10-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes i'd be interested in reviewing maps for you too. Helping you. I'd love too. I already started a custom map reviewing thread. So tell me what you think.

Iservealot
10-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey SCMA, check your PM's. if u didnt get one, then just email me please at chrisdizzle@comcast.net

hurricane12222
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
I say use multiple reviews in order to get the best real idea on a map.

Iservealot
10-17-2005, 08:27 PM
"whatabout http://www.scmaps.com" LOL ROFL

scworld
10-18-2005, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by SCMA:
Thanks for that huge list. A great help

I guess I should be spending a few days collating them all and putting them up for download. Are they all still online?

When it comes to hosting all maps, I intend to do just that, but only exclude the buggy or totally unplayable ones.

Reviewing maps is a great idea, would you be interested?

That's why I only host the quality maps. 80% of all maps are 'Look! My first map. OMG I CHANGED A TEXTURE'. And it'll ruin the quality of SvM if everyone would play some silly map.

SCMA
10-18-2005, 03:57 AM
Its difficult to judge what would be considered a quality map over not so good. I personally am not the person to judge that. But I understand your point.

SCMA
10-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Okay as of this morning, these are the maps I do not have.

Cinema (crappy port)
Shelendrom (crappy port)
Red Tower Beta
Club House 2
Musueum Classic N
Museum Classic S
Warehouse Classic E
Warehouse Mixed
Abandoned Bunker
Shadownet
La Plangue
Big Island
Hotel 57
Base Secret
The Met RS
MT_Squared_Pier
Dance Club
Base Camp
SC_Militia
Deftech Fog
Athlon

Rapid share or those free file shares which host alot of these maps are not working for me, so I cannot access them. If anyone can provide direct links or fileshare links that would be great. Even better would be if you are the author, PM me and I wil provide an email address for you to send to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks again.

CHL.damian3k-PL
10-18-2005, 06:53 AM
http://www.splintercell.com/fr/versus_mode.php

here are some maps u dont have

Eclyps3
10-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Shelendrom

<span class="ev_code_RED">Schermerhorn</span>

Red_SoN
10-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Its difficult to judge what would be considered a quality map over not so good. I personally am not the person to judge that. But I understand your point.

you should put the maps into 3 categories: map overworks (thats the right word?) for stuff like "clubhouse fog" etc which are simply an original map with fog...*cough*, into new arrangements, which look same as the originals but are actually new (like hotel 57, which is new but looks like clubhouse) and completely new maps (like eden....the ump maps as well, theyre not new but new to the game)
this will give the user a better overview, because probably most players dont really want to play "clubhouse fog", do they?

SCMA
10-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeh, good idea.

At the moment the current arrangement is alphabetically, but catergorising would be a good idea.

Ive just finished uploading alot of the stuff I have right now, so i'll probably look into getting hold of more maps. For each map ive got so far, ive taken three in game screenshots and cropped them all down a little, its taken a while.

Red1PA
10-18-2005, 03:14 PM
hey thx for putting up my map MTSquared_PIER

anyways heres the MTSquared_PIER file
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YJF174PK39OW2U0W49RR1KJGI

if it doesn't work tell me Xfire is rednumber1pa

also i like the comeing soon idea cuz for my mall2 map i got alot done and i could put up like a test play file or pics up soon however im like only 1/2 done with building but the hardest part is going to be custom jewels river (redoing for the 3rd time now) and Rberburg cuz im not good at makeing good detailed things now like jewerly and stoves etc.

anyways i hope u finnish the site

SCMA
10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks alot for the link. I have the files now and will add them to the website. Its pretty much completed now, just finalising a few things and should be open very soon indeed.

I was wondering about adding a discussion forum dedicated to map building, but do you guys see any need for one, as this one is pretty much enough?

Anyway, will put an email addess up soon for people to send me information / BETA maps for the In Progress section.

Hypersonic916
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I think i sent a PM to you SCMA for my club house 2 map, museum classic N and S, and Warehouse Mixed/Classic E. If you didn't get it, i'll post it here on the fourms shortly.

Hypersonic916
10-18-2005, 10:53 PM
SCMA can you please tell me if you have e-mail (i think you do). XFIRE, MSN MESSENGER, or AOL INSTANT MESSENGER? because we can contact easier that way. But anyhow, i'll try to get Club House 2, Museum Classic N, Museum Classic S, Warehouse Mixed, and Warehouse Classic E by tomorrow through e-mail then that you told me to do on a PM message. ok. but please tell me if you have any messenger programs...and for each map, i like the 3 custom screenshot takings you're doing, but you should have a review section too rating the map, and where other people can, and maybe if i knew how to help you with the website, i could type my own reviews on there too, for multi-opinoin reviews along with a few other people. Also, along with the map, kind of give a brief description of what the map is about. And, i'll give you the other maps too that you don't have (at least most of them, some of the ones i listed that are out, i don't have) so give me a call when you want them. ok. You should also do a map preview section where you either post screens from which people put on the fourms, or you get a beta or something you can show the public, preview that, take your own shots, and put info on that.

I do like the idea of sections. I think you should do that. Include Steel Squat and Polar Base (once it comes out) which are made by UBI on your website as well since they're still downloadable maps.

SCMA
10-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Good ideas, I will look into all of them.

Inclusion of the forum would be for map discussion only, where everyone can post stuff about upcoming maps and 3 or 4 of the best or most popular each month will be focused on, on the website.

Reviews are a great idea and something that I can include. Bearing in mind that I am not using any content control or management scripts right now, all updates are done by hand (prefer it that way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif). It isnt to hard to intergrate a review system. People can send their comments to me via a web form or direct email and I will format them and put them up.

Because I update by hand right now, catergories would be a little hard to work out, but I will definately have a look and If I need to write a script, so be it.

I could ask people who submit reviews to mark each map they review out of 5, then using all the reviews I have for a certain map (be it 2 or 10) I can work out an average rating and use that as the base rating. This would give a much fairer opinion of the best maps.

Hypersonic - Please send the maps to the email in the PM as soon as you can, I will get hold of an instant messenger contact for you and anyone else who wants it within the next few days.

Finally, just to add - The site will host BETA maps, but they will clearly be marked as this, as well as their own seperate catergory. Kind of in the middle of our Upcoming Maps section and Finished Maps. Again, feedback on these and bug tests could be given via forum software if we choose to use it.

scworld
10-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I really suggest to automate it. Your knowledge of PHP seems good enough to me. I'd say spend 5 hours and you've got the poll and some other stuff done.

Hypersonic916
10-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I'd say to have the rating scale not out of 5 for people's reviews. 5 is too hard to review on, it doesn't accuratly (i think) give the reader a clear understanding of how the map is based on a out of 5 scale. I'd say to do an out of 10 scale. and have ratings in the .0's and .5's. Like 4.0 out of 10, or 4.5 out of 10. and so on. Then you can take the average and that score will be an average score of the map. I'll try to get the maps in soon. i'll upload them today.

Iservealot
10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
hey SCMA, I have tried contacting you many times, and I havent gotten responces from you?

SCMA
10-20-2005, 04:11 AM
Sorry.

If anyone would like to contact me about anything to do with the site, or submit things to me now...

email me at: richardmc85@gmail.com

Hypersonic916
10-20-2005, 09:33 PM
ok. well SCMA, i'll try to get the club 2 map, both classic museums, and both warehouse maps to you very soon. Do you want me to attach download files onto the e-mail? or have link sites? or both?

SCMA
10-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Its up to you, I can do either. My new email for maps is maps@scmaparchive.com. Otherwise, you can contact me on MSN at admin@scmaparchive.com.

By the way guys, the site is online!!

http://www.scmaparchive.com/

Jason-Alaska
10-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Great site SCMA!!! This thread is now a sticky! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Zedblade
10-22-2005, 05:43 PM
just seen the site is online post . . . but it doesn't work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif FIX IT NOW OR SUFFER FROM MY . . . SUFFER BUTTON!!!!

Jason-Alaska
10-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Zed,
It's working fine for me Try this linky: http://www.scmaparchive.com/

Leviathon306
10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
good idea and good help to the community thks. however we do need more reviews and ratings on the maps. also your ump maps are doubled with the same map but without ump name

SCMA
11-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Reviews and ratings are not fully implemented as of yet, I have just left space for them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, those other maps you refer to are ports of the PT maps made by people other than the UMP. They may differ very slightly, but they are classed as different maps.

SCMA
11-05-2005, 04:36 PM
We've justed added some discussion forums to the website, so please take time to pop by and register.

echelonfox
11-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Good site, well structured I only miss the news archive.

Edit: The review of my map there refers to the old version - hence it's obsolete.

SCMA
01-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Check out our little competition we're running at the moment.

http://sc4.scmaparchive.com/

Bobthevila
01-06-2006, 08:41 AM
how do u do reviews on SCMA

SCMA
01-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Just send them in to the email address on the website http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SCMA
02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
New layout is online, let me know if its easier! Don't forget to send any maps in that we don't have. I cant keep up on my own.

scworld
03-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Your server seems down.

Iservealot
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Dude, your website rocks. I notice it has not been updated latley. If u need some help, let us know. I would be more than likley to help ya out.

pjut1981
08-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Hypersonic916:
Here's a list of all the CT maps that i know of just in case you want to see which maps you got and which ones you still need. Some i don't have either because the downloads aren't working or something. Also listed on the other column is upcoming maps so you can preview them and post screenshots of them and all for their website.

Custom Maps out:

UMP Hospital Classic
UMP Krauser Lab
UMP Vertigo Plaza 2005
UMP Cinema
UMP Shelendrom
Cinema (crappy port)
Shelendrom (crappy port)
Mount Hospital MOD
Red Tower Beta
Heliport
Hard Jump
Hard Jump 2
Hard Jump 3
Hard Jump 4
Club House 2
Musueum Classic N
Museum Classic S
Warehouse Classic E
Warehouse Mixed
Pyrocyptic
Offshore Oilrig
Abandoned Bunker
Shadownet (don't have because dl wasn't working)
La Plangue
Big Island
Hotel 57
Base Secret
Eden
Dimmykron Estate
The Met RS
MT_Squared_Pier
Artilliary Warehouse
Labyrnt
Dock
Steel Squat
Club House vs. Museum
Dance Club
Base Camp (map doesn't seem to work, if you can get a working link from the map maker, maybe)
Sub Labs
Stock House
Die Turnhalle
Chemical Industries
DM Contain Beta
Lagerhaus
SC_Militia (no link was given for it though)
S├┬Âldner Au├čenposten 7-PGE (i couldn't get a working link for this)
Buddhist Temple (beta)
Operation Assault Beta (i hear full version will come sometime in the future)
Outpost
Deftech Fog
Athlon

Upcoming Maps:

Shadow Moses
Panama Bank
Argus PMC Submarine
Argus HQ
Shadownet HQ
Cargo Ship
MT_Squared_River Mall 2
Aquarius 2
Bank Mixed
River Mall Mixed
Mount Hospital Classic E
Deftech Classic N
Deftech Classic E
Deftech Classic S
Station 2
Orphanage 2
Missile Strike 2
Factory 2
Grey Line
The Shop
Argus Lab (CT version)
Gaming Corp
Street Map
Devil's Kingdom
Airport
School (at least Krazoa SAYS he'll finish it, and that i'm helping him when he finishes the layout of it)
National Museum (i may be helping white dwarf finish it)
Polar Base

Maps that i've seen before, but haven't heard of in so long (i don't know if they still exsist or not)

Dark Clubhouse
Psychriatic Service
W****something**** Alpha 4
Lighthouse (i haven't seen this by the Nox Clan in so long)
Wood Map
Japense Map
Aquarius (i've seen a yellow highlighted one)
Damian Prison
High Security (anyone know where reconman104 is anyhow? he hasn't been on xfire/playing games online for a long while now)
Construction Site
Castle

And if you can, i'd try to host ALL the maps for CT that users made. Even if they're crappy ones, i'd still host them. It will also make the map selection bigger, and more people will know that you will just post every single one instead of all the good ones. I think it's fair. If you can fit them all on one thing. Maybe try having like different sections for the maps too. Also, maybe along with map downloads, once they come out (i could help you with this since i already started making a topic about this) try reviewing them (pm me if you want help with reviews for your web site) and giving them a rating out of 10. But like out of a .0 or .5 thing. Example: 4.5 or 4.0 out of 10. Then you'd say whether you would downlaod it or not. You could do this for ever map too. Also an upcoming maps preview section could show off info and screens of the map. So each time a fourm member revewals a map, and posts screens/info of it, you can post it on your website.

I hope you find this useful.

SCMA
09-30-2006, 08:52 AM
This website isn't dead so to speak.

Im currently moving it over to a new server, aswell as tweaking it for more accessability and also quicker for people to just dive right in and download what they need.

I am also developing the same thing for double agent so once we start to get maps for versus mode I can host them too. If you need to contact me, send me a PM, but this site will be back online properly by Novemeber at the latest. Im sure theres a lot of maps I havent got on there, but I will take them if links are provided in PM http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks.

SCO.net
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Website back online! Under new name...

http://www.splintercellonline.net/

SCO.net
10-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Website Updated.

ocelot_196
11-20-2006, 02:36 AM
hi all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif