PDA

View Full Version : Installation for Mac

BirLu
10-06-2005, 02:17 PM
For those of you who have a Macintosh it should normally be easy to install Myst 5. You just click on the icon on the DVD and the Setup begins. Well, if you have the same problems I had with installing it maybe this message will help.

When I clicked on the Setup icon a message appeared saying:

CAN'T GET items 1 thru 0 of {"Myst V EOA:Myst V End of Ages Setup"}.

Then I tried to install from the installer program on the DVD, and actually entered the Installation Setup but was given then a lot of error messages. Nothing helped (I really thought the disk had a defect) until I took a look at my QuickTime. I selected all options at QuickTime (6.5, maybe 7 is better) so it would accept and play everything my Mac is fed with...that did the trick! Installation went on smoothly as did the game play.

I have a G4 1,25Ghz with ATI Radeon 9200, so I'm not in the 'recommended' section but the game played well and without errors at 800x600 and with Visual and Texture Quality set to ~90%.

Well, if you still can't install it:

Send a message to ubisoft.help....

......but don't expect a fast answer. I sent my help message 10 days ago and a response arrived----today (a few days after I FINISHED the game), asking me to give them some more information on the problem....

If I had waited for them to help me I'd eaten my walls right now I think.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

rayhklee
10-22-2005, 01:25 AM
so can you teach me detail how to install it in Mac, I have same problem?

psmith296
10-22-2005, 06:19 AM
I can load the game and get the alias on my desktop. When I double click the alias, the screen goes black, flashes desktop, goes black, and then returns to desktop. Message is "Myst V End of Ages has suddenly quit." I've contacted support and get the message that I should check the forum. This is the first that relates to Macs.

Fallzone
10-22-2005, 09:31 AM
If you check the topic down below ("The 'quiet' Age") I found the installation hid a few things that were going on UNDER the DVD installer page.

I'm running OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) and, despite being told to download new drivers, etc., I didn't need to at all. I'll discuss it more here if you wish.

By the way, I did download a new Quick Time, but I never changed from the games defaults. I just wanted the newest version of that application for other uses.

psmith296
10-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the info. I did notice the sound decompression box partially hidden behind the wizard, so that is not my problem.

psmith296
10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm running OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) and, despite being told to download new drivers, etc., I didn't need to at all. I'll discuss it more here if you wish.

I wish. I have OS X 10.2.8. I have Java 1.3.1 and the game calls for 1.4. Have the newest Java 1.4.2 but it won't install unless I upgrade to 10.3. Couldn't find Java 1.4 although I may not be looking in the right place if there is even a version of the number. Don't really want to go to 10.3 as then much of my software won't work. Time for a new Mac, I guess!

Mr Zebe D
10-22-2005, 12:32 PM
The newest java isn't 1.4.2. It's 1.5.0 upgrade 5. I don't know if it'll help though as I'm not a Mac user.

BirLu
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Don't really want to go to 10.3 as then much of my software won't work. Time for a new Mac, I guess!

Why won't your software work with 10.3 anymore? It's a tiny upgrade, you're not upgrading from MacOS9 to MacOS10. I don't know your applications but mine (all the stuff for graphics and architectural design) are working fine with all the upgrades.

What are your specs?

BTW: My Java is 1.4.1 and it seemed fine for the game.

MoreEmo2x
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm trying to install the Myst V game on my Mac. This is the first time I've ever had a Mac, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to install. I played Myst IV on this computer, and had no problems with it, but for some reason, this game won't work. Any suggestions?