PDA

View Full Version : How many of you entered the Nvidia map contest?

DATA_FC
11-01-2004, 03:53 AM

DATA_FC
11-01-2004, 03:53 AM
this is a quick little poll to help see just how many people submited entries to the official Nvidia map making contest.

Jetenginedr
11-01-2004, 08:10 AM
data..people cannot choose more than 1 item in a poll. You might as well get rid of poll and just ask the questions.

thedudemanguy
11-01-2004, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DATA_FC:
this is a quick little poll to help see just how many people submited entries to the official
Nvidia map making contest. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you enter? (b)no

Do you think it was a good idea? (a)yes

Did you agree with the rules? (a)yes

Do you think it helped the community? (a)yes

For myself, I thought about the prize and the time it would take to do the caliber entry I would want to do, and decided I didn't have enough time to really make it worth it. I'll try to get what I started out at somepoint though

XTENCILATE
11-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Did you enter? (b)no

Do you think it was a good idea? (a)yes

Did you agree with the rules? (a)no

Do you think it helped the community? (a)we will see.

i didnt want to make another island map... its getting old and lame really fast.!

thedudemanguy
11-01-2004, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thedudemanguy:
For myself, I thought about the prize and the time it would take to do the caliber entry I would want to do, and decided I didn't have enough time to really make it worth it. I'll try to get what I started out at somepoint though <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and one other thing, I've entered a lot of contests before and just have a general distaste for ones that ask for a large deal of creative work only to throw the majority of it away. I can't argue it's working for unreal, but they have huge money at stake.