PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something, or did Ubisoft offically anounce No "SvM"?

RBlount10
12-18-2009, 05:01 PM
If they did please show me. Send me the link or some proof. I just want to know. If they did, sorry that I ask.

braiog
12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Ubi hasn't made any official statement; all you've heard so far is here-say.

Singleplayer, Co-Op and Deniable Ops have been confirmed. (Hunter, Infiltration, Face-Off and Last Stand)

gidcopley
12-18-2009, 05:48 PM
this is a good thread i would like someone come in here with some proof to stop all this fighting. like i said i will not take any proof unless its spoken in English or typed in times new roman. bring on the proof.

sgt_brent
12-18-2009, 05:55 PM
There is no "proof" there is no SvM.

Simply put; They have said there are 5 multiplayer modes and elaborate on each of them.

They haven't said "There is SvM." and they haven't said "There isn't SvM.".

Either they overlooked it/excluded as a gameplay type or they want to really surprise the fans who wanted it..

I tend to think that what they have released to date is what is in the game; but the latest interview did say they already have plans for DLC - A new mode is definitely plausible if they get the feedback for it to be included; Which I'm sure will happen..

RBlount10
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
That what I thought. I want a offical statement or reply from Ubisoft saying their is no SvM. The Demo they just showed. The announcer didn't ask the question on Spot. Do you think it kind of odd?

Azanode
12-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Read the topic at the top of this forum "A Message from the Producer," it looks like Ubisoft is trying to explain why they have no dedicated adversarial mode in this game.

sammyboy1981
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Azanode's right. That statement from the Producer is fairly well-stated. To me, it reads like their pushing the Co-Op as the new multiplayer experience, which is all well and good. And again, in my opinion, the complete lack of any other future MP details means there are none (but my opinion is not proof).

RBlount10, if you're expecting a dev to actually come out and SAY what the game DOES NOT have, then you're gonna be waiting a while. Between now and release, I'm expecting: a January demo (either a single player level or some Co-Op play); More Co-Op vids gameplay showin goff the new modes; more SIngle Player Behind the Scenes vids; and finally some specs.

xXx_bunny_xXx
12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I think the Co-Op is it. I also think they might have not made MP or just forgot so they said hey here it is.

braiog
12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
The game needs a demo, and that demo is going to be the networking standard that I assume will be in the final game. In other words, if there are no dedicated servers and MP matchmaking is P2P and nerfed/simplified, it's going to be a huge strike against Ubi.

If you can't develop a game FOR the platform, it's just best that you don't make the game, IMO.

This is a M$ title, and M$ doesn't care at all if Ubi cuts corners on these things; but nobody wants a hand-me-down.

RBlount10
12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes I read what the producer said but he didn't deny if their a SvM mode. He was talking about the skeptics of co-op. I can wait until they say "no" SvM or "yes" they have it.

xXx_bunny_xXx
12-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Like I said before I think Co-Op is the MP Knowing Ubi and there background that would not suprise me at all.

RBlount10
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM
If the game doesn't have SvM. It is not the end for the world for me. I love SC campaign and now I can play a different campaign with a friend and a prequel story and new characters. I love the gameplay and all.

sammyboy1981
12-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by RBlount10:
Yes I read what the producer said but he didn't deny if their a SvM mode. He was talking about the skeptics of co-op. I can wait until they say "no" SvM or "yes" they have it.

Well, my point is that statement is a well-crafted PR move to highlight the terrific new Co-Op innovations, not a forum for them to start denying things. It goes like this:

Poster: Does SC:Conviction have SvM MP?
Ubi: SC:Conviction has a terrific new Co-Op multiplayer experience, and I can't wait for you to play it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Poster: That doesn't answer my question.
Ubi: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Charftong317
12-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RBlount10:

Well, my point is that statement is a well-crafted PR move to highlight the terrific new Co-Op innovations, not a forum for them to start denying things. It goes like this:

Ubi: SC:Conviction has a terrific new Co-Op multiplayer experience, and I can't wait for you to play it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Ubi: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats pretty funny, lol. But also kinds true.

I just dont understand. If there is no SvM, why not just tell us right away? Most of us would probably be over it by now and ready to take a more rational look at what they're offering. Instead I'm outraged and hate everything regardless of what they're showing me. I can only think of two reasons why they would do this.
1. They are still waiting to tell us that they have SvM
2. Multiplayer in any form, never existed. They couldnt talk about it before, because it didnt exist. All they had created was the SP. And I think they were planning on releasing the single player game this fall. But at E3, all everyone did was ask them over and over again about the MP and they said they couldnt talk about it. Then they went back to Montreal and panicked(hence the delay). What we are seeing now is what they were able to throw together in 6 months for MP.

RBlount10
12-20-2009, 08:46 AM
They still haven't denied SvM yet. Which means it "might" be in the game. So, let them announce what is happening Then have a big riot on this forum and I can leave you guys bashing the hell out of Ubisoft!

XxCH0NGxX
12-20-2009, 12:48 PM
If any of you are surprised with the lack of SvM then I am surprised. You should all know better than to expect any specific thing to be in a Ubisoft game just because it was in a previous title.

Look at the Ghost Recon series. They have gone down hill with every single release. Going more and more futuristic and getting farther and farther away from what made the original and Island Thunder so great. Even with continuous calls from the community to bring back the ghillie suit, they continue to ignore their fans.

They have been doing the exact same thing here. Chaos Theory had a near perfect multiplayer and a great coop. Instead of maintaining that formula for future titles, they chose to go with the heart beat sensor bull**** of Double Agent. Now they are focusing more on coop and leaving out the competition that the SC fans want in a multiplayer.

You should all know better than to tell them you want something in the game and expect them to listen. They don't give a flying **** about us, all they care about is the millions of people who never set foot in here. They care about the money, not their hardcore fans.

donngold
12-20-2009, 12:56 PM
How are you a hardcore fan, you seem to hate SC and Ubi and everything in between? Fans are loyal even during doubt and change.

dontbanme51
12-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Charftong317:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RBlount10:

Ubi: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats pretty funny, lol. But also kinds true.

I just dont understand. If there is no SvM, why not just tell us right away? Most of us would probably be over it by now and ready to take a more rational look at what they're offering. Instead I'm outraged and hate everything regardless of what they're showing me. I can only think of two reasons why they would do this.
1. They are still waiting to tell us that they have SvM
2. Multiplayer in any form, never existed. They couldnt talk about it before, because it didnt exist. All they had created was the SP. And I think they were planning on releasing the single player game this fall. But at E3, all everyone did was ask them over and over again about the MP and they said they couldnt talk about it. Then they went back to Montreal and panicked(hence the delay). What we are seeing now is what they were able to throw together in 6 months for MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

marketing as long as people continue to research the game in hopes of getting the info they want they will continue to market the game until the release. If they came out and make a statement that there is no SvM then none of these forums would be around (just riot threads) and Splinter Cell Conviction wouldn't be google as much.