PDA

View Full Version : When are SLI mobo being released?

RocafellaXXX
11-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know when SLI mobo are being released. I have just been on ASUS.com and they have A8N-SLI Deluxe shown. What suprised me the most is that this mobo works with AMD 64 CPU's and its PCI-E, but one more thing that I wanted to know is this mobo DDR2 memory only or does it work with standard DDR.

If anyone knows when this mobo is being released or where can I buy it if its out right now please let me know. Also what's the price range for it.

I just hope that it works with DDR momory because I have spent $270 on it and I don't want to spend more money.

P.S. As far as I know this mobo could be released any day now, but correct me if I'm wrong and also should I buy this mobo or wait for the nForce4 Ultra model.
And can these mobo work with ATI cards or is it only for NVIDIA, since I haven't seen any 6800 PCI-E VC on the market right now.

fabulouscoops
11-27-2004, 04:08 PM
As far as I know, all PCI express mobos use DDR2 RAM. DDR2 has a different number of pins so they are not compatable with DDR mobos and vice versa.

EDIT: The above is wrong. The Asus SLI board does use 184 pin DDR RAM.

At least another week until the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe ships.

fabulouscoops
11-27-2004, 07:55 PM
MSI is also releasing a PCI-E SLI board in mid to late December

RocafellaXXX
11-27-2004, 08:02 PM
So, should I wait a little and get SLI mobo or just get the standard nForce3 mobo right now. And when can we expect to see 6800 PCI-E video cards?

P.S. I think that ATI video cards wont work on SLI mobo because they don't have the connector for SLI bridge.

fabulouscoops
11-27-2004, 10:07 PM
can't get a pair of 6800 PCI-E until January

gain967
11-28-2004, 08:57 AM
read this:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njk2