PDA

View Full Version : The End Of An Era

ThaDoggy213
12-30-2011, 08:40 PM
May contain spoilers.

As my first post on this forum, i'll tell you MY point of vue of Assassin's Creed Revelations, and how I see the future of this franchise from MY point of vue. Please take note this post may be long and i'm writing this as the game generic is still playing on my Tv. I may do a couple of mistakes too, i'm sorry.

For me the end Revelations marks the end of an era. The end of Ezio. Even though i'm only 15, in 4 years of gaming Ezio is the character that i've been the most attached to. I will miss him and i personnaly think the franchise will miss him. I've got older with him, its like a music band, they adapt their style as their followers get older. Back to the game, I loved it. Constantinople was simply a beauty and a sure spent hours only by walking around in the city. The story was great, short because it is mainly based on Ezio's quest for truth. For those who haven't finish the game yet, i garantee you the last 3 sequences will amaze you.

For the future, i personnaly think it is hard to see where and how the saga will continue. Ezio's saga may be finished but Desmond's is just starting and that is how i see it. I don't want the franchise to drag on itself because we'll become bored quick. Desmond should be the next focus along the modern days Templars-Assassins war. I'm not sure how Ubi will do this and i don't want to talk about it because we could write about it all night long. I forgot about TWCB. There's obviously alot of potential there.

So that's it. Just my firsts thoughts. I've read alot on this forum before posting this, all of the almost 100 pages about your impressions on AC3 and beyond lol. Again, sorry for my spelling mistakes, alot of potential for Assassin's Creed and i wish you happy holidays!

ProdiGurl
12-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Happy Holidays too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I started the series w/ Ezio & since I didn't know anything about AC yet, I thought he was the "permanent" assassin like Batman is always starring in Batman Arkham.

So I was pretty sad to find out that he'd be retired & the series would move forward without him. I'm sort of in the middle on this now.
I'm excited to find out what happens in the story next and to get to meet the next Assassin.

If it's done well enough & the new characters are interesting & intriguing, I'll be ok with it.
Ezio will probably always be my favorite.

niceboy05
12-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Happy holidays

I am only 14 and ezio has also grown with me.He is the only character in gaming who i've actually come to see grow up and mature.Ezio will always be my favorite character in gaming.I can't wait to see who the next character for assassins creed will be.I just hope they don't create a character who is just like Ezio because if they do I will be lol.Ezio should be his own unique character.

Rest in peace my Friend and Mentor Ezio Auditore da Firenze

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

YuurHeen
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Seeing ezio turning from a innocent boy who charmes girls into a wise head of the assassins was great.
This is not the beginning of desmond. desmonds story begins in ac1 and ends in ac3.

Subject-22
12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
i am finishing AC2 all over again, and seeing him as this young boy and then i play revelations and hes an old man. the changes are amazing

Tonyewald76
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm also interested to see how the series progresses with Desmond. In a modern setting with modern weaponry, i hope its not Splinter Cell, the Rehash...

ProdiGurl
01-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
Seeing ezio turning from a innocent boy who charmes girls into a wise head of the assassins was great.
This is not the beginning of desmond. desmonds story begins in ac1 and ends in ac3.

Ya I went back to ACII too and the differences are amazing. It started out so slow & simple when he was a young man w/ his family and how fast he had to grow up & avenge his family & learn what he did.

Ezio's an amazing character - they did a great job on him (even tho I wish they got into more personal-life dialog in ACR's story ... not just what he wrote to Claudia).

Sevenofnine-st
01-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Happy New Year! I'm also in the camp of those who are torn between the sadness of losing Ezio and the excitement of finding out who the next assassin will be.

Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Ezio's an amazing character - they did a great job on him (even tho I wish they got into more personal-life dialog in ACR's story ... not just what he wrote to Claudia).

I couldn't agree more. I would have loved to get more insight into his personal thoughts and how he felt. To me, there will never be another Ezio, mainly because he has become my favourite fictional character regardless of the media (film, TV, books, video games, etc.). Just thinking about Embers makes me want to cry every single time and I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch it a second time.

That being said, I know I will enjoy following AC's next protagonist in whatever new and crazy adventure he (or she) takes us but I just won't get attached the way I did with Ezio. Damn him! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif