PDA

View Full Version : Splinter cell on PS3, FPS??????

spos801
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah, ive heard about the problems on the PC with bad fps, and I feel sorry for those guys, im actually more of a PC fella myself but i also own a ps3, and with my hardware setup i figured the ps3 would probably be my best bet.. especially with all the hype they had for the ps3.. with cell and whatnot. now i find out that game dev's are having a hard time putting their games on the cells processor, shame that is..

but anyways they delayed the ps3 probably for these reasons, to get the game working on the ps3's cell properly, but playing through the game ive noticed quuuuiiiteee a big slowdown..
ive done some research for the 360 version as well, and i heard it runs looking like 30 fps, and lower the whole way through.. now some people it may not bug, or some people may not even notice the frame drop, but damn i do..

so whats the deal, PS3 users seeing a performance issue, and xbox360 users, are you also seeing this?

please dont turn this into a console war, really.. i support both systems, just put your input about your console version of the game and tell me what you think about the performance, can you tolerate it? or do you think its annoying? or do you think this is actually smooth...... O_o ?

spos801
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah, ive heard about the problems on the PC with bad fps, and I feel sorry for those guys, im actually more of a PC fella myself but i also own a ps3, and with my hardware setup i figured the ps3 would probably be my best bet.. especially with all the hype they had for the ps3.. with cell and whatnot. now i find out that game dev's are having a hard time putting their games on the cells processor, shame that is..

but anyways they delayed the ps3 probably for these reasons, to get the game working on the ps3's cell properly, but playing through the game ive noticed quuuuiiiteee a big slowdown..
ive done some research for the 360 version as well, and i heard it runs looking like 30 fps, and lower the whole way through.. now some people it may not bug, or some people may not even notice the frame drop, but damn i do..

so whats the deal, PS3 users seeing a performance issue, and xbox360 users, are you also seeing this?

please dont turn this into a console war, really.. i support both systems, just put your input about your console version of the game and tell me what you think about the performance, can you tolerate it? or do you think its annoying? or do you think this is actually smooth...... O_o ?

ltred2006
04-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Never noticed it. There are some points where it stutters a bit, like accesing computers via OPSAT, but it's very rare for me.

Where are you experiencing these frame drops?

spos801
04-01-2007, 02:09 PM
everywhere, are you playing the PS3 version?

spos801
04-01-2007, 02:12 PM
sorry for double post, but im playing it as we speak right now, and i can just tell its slow in some places, when other places its nice and smooth, and then theres just this slow motion fps, feels like its between 5 and 15 fps sometimes, maybe more like 15 and 20 but im not sure, wish i could view my frames, the game just runs slow in some parts, so far every level has slowness somewhere or everywhere in it, maybe my ps3 didnt update my game yet????

ltred2006
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I am playing PS3. This is interesting, I've had almost now drops.

Do you have anything downloading in the background? Do you have a lot saved on your hard drive (stuff like GT HD)? Are you using HD or SD TV?

spos801
04-01-2007, 02:56 PM
i have like 48 gigs left on my harddrive, nothing downloading... systems updated and the works, have a few songs and pictures on my ps3, few saved games from nfs carbon, resistance, etc..

not having really good gameplay at all, looks like it runs at a constant 15 to 30 fps, sucks

and im using a standard tv atm, but that has nothing to do with fps, or does it?

ltred2006
04-01-2007, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spos801:
i have like 48 gigs left on my harddrive, nothing downloading... systems updated and the works, have a few songs and pictures on my ps3, few saved games from nfs carbon, resistance, etc..

not having really good gameplay at all, looks like it runs at a constant 15 to 30 fps, sucks

and im using a standard tv atm, but that has nothing to do with fps, or does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use a standard TV too. I can't really think what the problem is. Is the PS3 dusty? (sounds strange, but it might be clogging up the fan and ruining performance)

spos801
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
not that duty, fan sounds fine, it gets dusty here and there but nothing like that, i don't think... im not about to tear apart my system, but i doubt thats not the problem.

Knot3D
04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Don't worry man. I've played SC DA on both a pc with an OC'd X1900XTX and on the XBox360 ; the Xbox360 has more consistent framerates.

They've had time to polish this game for PS3 ; it'll probably run better.

spos801
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
still receiving low fps in all levels, don't know whats causing this, my PS3.. or the game/disc...?

did anybody get an update for this game at all lately?

spos801
04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
am i seriously the only one who can see the slowdown, its huuuuuuuuuuuge, and pissing me off

when ever you do a 360 around your character you get a slowdown to about 10 to 20 fps, and its so annoying looking around in the game having to cope with this bad performance, bah.. its just right on playing level, if it were any worse i would have returned it..

anybody please, 60 dollars worth, has there been any updates for this game recently? because this sucks

spos801
04-01-2007, 07:57 PM
just read this topic where this guy talks about the game on his 360, EXACLY what im getting at.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2771048463/m/9211088394

tourismo1989
04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
yes i have the PS3 version and i also have very bad performance. i was sorely disappointed in it. But its throughout all the levels. i dont know what the deal is.

mrsmr2
04-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Framerate was my biggest complaint against the 360 version. The engine seems locked at 30fps max but rarely gets there.

The start of JBA 2 or 3 where Sam meets someone in his car (kept deliberatley vague) produces a solid 30 fps and the game feels nice and responsive. If it played like that all the way through it would have been so much better for me.

I'm not too surprised that the PS3 is similar as they will have had less time to optimise it.

Pity you can't do what I did and get the previous gen version of DA to play on my current gen console.

ltred2006
04-02-2007, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spos801:
am i seriously the only one who can see the slowdown, its huuuuuuuuuuuge, and pissing me off

when ever you do a 360 around your character you get a slowdown to about 10 to 20 fps, and its so annoying looking around in the game having to cope with this bad performance, bah.. its just right on playing level, if it were any worse i would have returned it..

anybody please, 60 dollars worth, has there been any updates for this game recently? because this sucks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Faulty discs delivered to the US maybe? I'm in the UK, smooth as you like. There's no patches for it, try contacting Ubi tech support.

Crezz_706
04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Er... Isn't there something like, Full Installation or something where you can have quicker loading times? Or maybe someone's PS3 is v1.50 while someone elses is v1.60?

ltred2006
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crezz_706:
Er... Isn't there something like, Full Installation or something where you can have quicker loading times? Or maybe someone's PS3 is v1.50 while someone elses is v1.60? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er... what?

Crezz_706
04-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Um, never mind. I just hope Ubisoft can fix this FAST!

franklsferd
04-04-2007, 06:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crezz_706:
Um, never mind. I just hope Ubisoft can fix this FAST! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude, its definitely not just you with the framerate problems. I had SCDA for 360 and it was much smoother than the PS3 version. All the other PS3 games look better than anything the 360 has to offer, its just this port of SCDA, and its so bad that I actually thought about returning it, which would be a shame as I really enjoy SCDA. I hope it is just defective discs because the way this came out is just a waste of a really good game.

The_breaKdown
04-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi...I'm from Germany, and I also bought SCDA for PS3 and yes...I'm also experiencing low Framerates...it isn't my PS3, that's for sure! Because every other game is running just fine!
Well UBI, I hope you are patching while you read this post, because it's realy annoying playing such a beautiful game @ 5-15 fps !

kristian16
04-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Or maybe someone's PS3 is v1.50 while someone elses is v1.60? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I was thinking. I'm in the UK with the UK game on a Hong Kong PS3 and yes I get dips now and then but not all the time like some???
My PS3 is updated to 1.6. Big open areas can drop a little but it's never anoying or unplayable??

Fast as hell online. One dev did the online play and one did the single player.

spos801
04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
ive done some more research, and ive also heard that the XBOX360 hands out better 'graphics' and ive searched that it also had better FRAMERATES...

so once again, the PS3 gets sloppy seconds.. i can see this happening for a long time with games, reading up on how the xbox360's overall system is easier to program with, like the PS2, the PS3 is harder for dev's to figure out.. there goes 60 bucks, for a game i thought was going to be polished and running good..
thats fine.. and xbox360 guys, DO NOT WORRY THAT YOUR MISSING THREE LEVELS, because honestly at this very moment, i wish i had a 360..

even though the PS3 may be more powerful on the calculation charts, does not mean that most of that power is even FOR GAMES, search up the cell processor, i wish i would of known these things when all the hype was goin on.. i just knew the bigger the better, i was wrong.. but time will tell......

Idmpc
04-06-2007, 08:54 AM
IGN just made a review for SC DA on PS3...
They posted 2 videos there. One of them (in a boat, but not the Sea of Ohkstok level or whatever you call it) shows a incredible LOW FPS. Need more proof?

kristian16
04-08-2007, 04:56 AM
What makes a game last??? Great online play. Sorry lads but this ****** all over the laggy 360 version.
It's fast as fell and smoooooooth. No lad whatsoever.
Playing with my mates last night and loving it.
NO FPS problems at all online. What really makes me laugh is the fact that 360 owners are going on about the single player yet most of you **** that part of the game off for being short and ****??? So what is it lads??lol

Bandit_109
04-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I am in the US, I have a PS3 and found that the game slows down in about 50% of the game. The slow down is not usually unplayable, but it is disappointing to pay $60 for a game and have it play like this. The game is very good looking, but NOT good enough to warrant such a slow down.

Even with minor usage of the SPU a dual core 3.2ghz with a high end video card should be able to do graphics like this at 720p and keep up to 30fps.

I've looked at how to program the CELL engine and the power of the video card in the PS3. Something is just not done right with this game. I'm definitely playing the other UBI games in store before buying them on good faith.

MadamTampini
04-08-2007, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
They've had time to polish this game for PS3 ; it'll probably run better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rofl, don't get your hopes up.

giantsquirrell
04-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Did you guys pick this game up at the end of March, or when it released last week? Because I heard that they delayed it for a manufacturer's error, but some received the game before the last second delay. It may be a faulty disc that is ruining the gameplay. Get a hold of Ubi's tech support and see if you can exchange it.

Bandit_109
04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giantsquirrell:
Did you guys pick this game up at the end of March, or when it released last week? Because I heard that they delayed it for a manufacturer's error, but some received the game before the last second delay. It may be a faulty disc that is ruining the gameplay. Get a hold of Ubi's tech support and see if you can exchange it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If it's a physical error on the disk it would not affect continuous gameplay in the form of low FPS. If it's a software error, then UBI should have a downloadable patch for it already, and and have a notification of such issues plastered over the site.

I see no such notifications.