PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! (black screen need to change res out of game)

k1ng_n0th1ng
07-18-2011, 01:50 AM
So i have my PC hooked upto my TV at home (lack of space for a desk..) and its native res is 1440x900 however when i boot up the game it changes the res to something that isn't supported and i don't have a clue how to change that resolution to something where i can actually see anything.
any help would be appreciated

KingDaniel0
07-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by k1ng_n0th1ng:
So i have my PC hooked upto my TV at home (lack of space for a desk..) and its native res is 1440x900 however when i boot up the game it changes the res to something that isn't supported and i don't have a clue how to change that resolution to something where i can actually see anything.
any help would be appreciated

Are you playing SH5 ?, If yes, then have you first tried to manually enter the Screen Resolution values inside the game's config file ?

Open the Game's 'Main.cfg' file with Notepad, and search for the following heading/lines. This file should be located somewhere here e.g. My Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg.

[VIDEO]
;FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
;Resolution=1440,900,60,19

Just make sure the Value of 'FullScreen' is set to YES. Also check the resolution values entered here. Enter only those values which your TV/Monitor supports. Just see if manually entering the Resolution values helps you or not ?

--------------------------------------