PDA

View Full Version : No tutorial, howto, manual, help system?

tech249
04-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Why would you release a demo that new players have no idea how to play? As it stands, I doubt I will buy this game due to the frustration of not knowing how to play. I think I may like it, but I could learn how to play in 2 hours with help or play for 10 and maybe learn 60% of what I can do. This is surely going to hurt them when the game releases.

Could the developes maybe post something here to help out? During beta, wasn't there something to help get started? Heck, post some of the manual, if you have a demo surely the manual is close to being done?

tech249
04-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Why would you release a demo that new players have no idea how to play? As it stands, I doubt I will buy this game due to the frustration of not knowing how to play. I think I may like it, but I could learn how to play in 2 hours with help or play for 10 and maybe learn 60% of what I can do. This is surely going to hurt them when the game releases.

Could the developes maybe post something here to help out? During beta, wasn't there something to help get started? Heck, post some of the manual, if you have a demo surely the manual is close to being done?

Secret_Holder
04-16-2006, 09:40 AM
Have you checked the readme?

unreal_az
04-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately this demo is more of a showoff for heroes experienced players due to it's dificulty.
Don't worry the game will have a tutorial. Unfortunately it seems it wasn' ready for the demo.

tech249
04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Secret_Holder:
Have you checked the readme? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the readme just gives me keyboard shortcuts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

wryun
04-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I didn't have too much trouble despite having not played any HoMM games before. What I have done, though, is play all the Warlords series, and the Age of Wonders demos, all of which are similar games. So maybe go and grab some other demos ;-)