PDA

View Full Version : Bad Camo Patterns

Scribbles1138
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Sort of a trivial issue to take with a game that, personally, I think is a work of magic on Ubi's part, despite all of it's flaws and horrid bugs. Not since Counter-Strike have I dived into an online game with such enthusiasm. Anyway, I was very disappointed in the PEC system's choices of camouflage patterns. The ACU pattern, first off, looks like utter garbage"”white BDU with black pixels on a pattern that's supposed to be blue-gray with green and tan in it. That just seems like laziness on an aspect of the game I guess they figured they could overlook without anyone getting on them for it. I had to use one of my Custom Camo slots to make a more realistic ACU camo (which shows how easy it would have been for the developers to do it). And speaking of custom camo, the whole system was very disappointing. No black in the color choices??? I don't see the rational for putting in so little option for it. The PEC system strikes me as more geared towards kids who want to run around in their pink cowboy hats and stormtrooper shoulder plates. Someone like me, who wants their character to look as close to real-life special forces operators as possible (right now I'm sporting the olive drab Navy SEAL look http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif) , seems to have way less options than someone looking to run rampant in an orange/purple tank top with a Jason mask on.

WarHawk722
03-24-2008, 08:01 PM
ubi did get the acu waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off in the game. it looks like dirty gym sock camo to me. and most of the camo is too bright to be effective. some camos do look very sexy though.

ecstatic_veggie
03-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah ACU is a bit dissapointing. The MARPAT doesnt look to bad. So I use it with a black light helmet and the ballistic vest. Looks pretty good. I hate having to use marine camo being army and all, but its about the best I got right now.

I like some of the "realistic" additions like the light helmet and the goggles, but seriously the pink camo and poorly 3d modeled boonie hats need to go.