PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is Ubisoft doing?

Kris470
05-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Am i the only person who thinks that Ubisoft has been releasing half assed games recently?

Both Rainbow Six Vegas games were good fun to play single player, but if there is 1 thing Ubisoft just cant seem to get right its multiplayer.
Both Vegas games were an absolute JOKE in multiplayer, riddled with bugs and lacking multiplayer features that almost every other computer game company provide.
I have just been playing multiplayer Vegas 2. The "Matchmaker" feature that Ubosoft has implemented is pathetic. 90% of the servers it shows are not even in my country and only about 3 servers actually show a ping. Like the 1st Vegas, the ping system is pretty much usless. And thats just in the menu's...
The actual game is 100x worse. When i finally managed to find a local server with about 60 ping (1 of the few that showed a ping...) i was greated with **** bullet rego, bullets were going straight through targets and hitting the wall behind them, it glitched when i tried walking, making me walk into walls and making it difficult to walk around obsticles. by far the most annoying of them all, enemies spawning next to me. i would clear a room, run in and have an enemy spawn next to me and shoot me. i would throw a grenade into a room, run in and have an enemy spawn on me and shoot me. Actually being able to see the enemy spawn is bad enough, but having it spawn in the middle of your squad is bull****. Why cant they just be prespawned on mapload? if some people dont have computers that will handle that then at least make an option to turn the feature on and off? At least then people who have high end gaming computers can enjoy a more realistic experience. instead of clearing the map and spending 15 minutes looking for the last enemy only to have him spawn late, in the middle of a room that had been entered about 6 times...
the game feels soo sluggish and laggy in multiplayer... and thats with 60 ping. i can play 150 ping on counter strike source and not have it hinder my playing... yet 60 ping in Vegas feels horrable.

I take this oppertunity to say to ubisoft, sort yourselves out and stop releasing games before they are working properly. fair enough people always complain that its taking a long time to release... like when Crysis was being released. It was postponed and postponed and people complained and nagged... in my opinion Crysis wasnt ready to be released. Crysis running Dx10 had major memory problems. But at least they have patched it and alot of the problems are fixed... Ubisoft cant even get there patches right.

Biggest waste of AU$85 i ever spent.

oODmGOo
05-03-2008, 01:37 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif.....though i dont approve of CS:source http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Kris470
05-03-2008, 01:49 AM
I play alot more then Vegas and CSS.
I play Cod4, Graw2, Crysis and Assasins Creed.
which like all other Ubi games... Lack working multiplayer and had bugs. (surprisingly not as many bugs as every other Ubisoft game.)

I only play CSS when im really really really bored.

Jaysta
05-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Im in aus and i can never find a server inder 400+ Ping its really pissing me off. Getting owned 24/7

Kris470
05-03-2008, 04:28 AM
Yeh true... Well 1 thing is for sure after reading through a few of the posts about Ubi...
They need to sort there **** out. If they want to keep customers they need to come up with something good. And concerntrate on making it a working game. Sad to say even Assassins creed had too many bugs and flaws. It was a good game but even still, its bugs and lack of multiplayer give it a huge disadvantage to other games being released. Not to mention the games repetetiveness.

vFerenc
05-03-2008, 06:57 AM
at least god for you couse you guys had the oportunity the chance to try the online mode.Nor me!

Kris470
05-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Your not missing anything mate.

asianprince213
05-03-2008, 07:08 AM
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7501/budunu1.jpg

KingLolli
05-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Thats why you dont play optimatches/public matches. You will see pros,semi-pros,mlg-pros,and almost pros in random public rooms right now but i promise you in 2 months we wont be lol. We will be in scrims all day private rooms with other of the same type of playersor doing clan matches. I suggest that even if your not a big gamer or dont get on my case bout this just woke up so words arent as good as should be but even if your not like so much into the gaming and have a life still you can do gamebattles. You can still get a anytype of pro friend to invite you into private lobbies. Most private lobbies dont have terrible connections and if they do then we switch out hosts. If you want into these types of games where dont gotta worry about lag hit me up at x Av3rsion on XBL

Kris470
05-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by KingLolli:
Thats why you dont play optimatches/public matches. You will see pros,semi-pros,mlg-pros,and almost pros in random public rooms right now but i promise you in 2 months we wont be lol. We will be in scrims all day private rooms with other of the same type of playersor doing clan matches. I suggest that even if your not a big gamer or dont get on my case bout this just woke up so words arent as good as should be but even if your not like so much into the gaming and have a life still you can do gamebattles. You can still get a anytype of pro friend to invite you into private lobbies. Most private lobbies dont have terrible connections and if they do then we switch out hosts. If you want into these types of games where dont gotta worry about lag hit me up at x Av3rsion on XBL

I dont really understand what your on about...

Im not saying the game only has problems with lag... the actual game is poorly programmed, it isnt just lag.
I have played in alot of pro and semi-pro tournaments for many years in alot of different games to know what im talking about when i say that this game has poorly programmed multiplayer missions and is a discrace to internet gaming.

max774z
05-06-2008, 05:56 AM
I like the machtmaking system in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 better then Halo 3.

In RBSV2 I can see my ping, I can see the host. I can choose my game. I cant do any of it in Halo3.

Muhad
05-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Kris470:
Am i the only person who thinks that Ubisoft has been releasing half assed games recently?

Both Rainbow Six Vegas games were good fun to play single player, but if there is 1 thing Ubisoft just cant seem to get right its multiplayer.
Both Vegas games were an absolute JOKE in multiplayer, riddled with bugs and lacking multiplayer features that almost every other computer game company provide.
I have just been playing multiplayer Vegas 2. The "Matchmaker" feature that Ubosoft has implemented is pathetic. 90% of the servers it shows are not even in my country and only about 3 servers actually show a ping. Like the 1st Vegas, the ping system is pretty much usless. And thats just in the menu's...
The actual game is 100x worse. When i finally managed to find a local server with about 60 ping (1 of the few that showed a ping...) i was greated with **** bullet rego, bullets were going straight through targets and hitting the wall behind them, it glitched when i tried walking, making me walk into walls and making it difficult to walk around obsticles. by far the most annoying of them all, enemies spawning next to me. i would clear a room, run in and have an enemy spawn next to me and shoot me. i would throw a grenade into a room, run in and have an enemy spawn on me and shoot me. Actually being able to see the enemy spawn is bad enough, but having it spawn in the middle of your squad is bull****. Why cant they just be prespawned on mapload? if some people dont have computers that will handle that then at least make an option to turn the feature on and off? At least then people who have high end gaming computers can enjoy a more realistic experience. instead of clearing the map and spending 15 minutes looking for the last enemy only to have him spawn late, in the middle of a room that had been entered about 6 times...
the game feels soo sluggish and laggy in multiplayer... and thats with 60 ping. i can play 150 ping on counter strike source and not have it hinder my playing... yet 60 ping in Vegas feels horrable.

I take this oppertunity to say to ubisoft, sort yourselves out and stop releasing games before they are working properly. fair enough people always complain that its taking a long time to release... like when Crysis was being released. It was postponed and postponed and people complained and nagged... in my opinion Crysis wasnt ready to be released. Crysis running Dx10 had major memory problems. But at least they have patched it and alot of the problems are fixed... Ubisoft cant even get there patches right.

I approve of this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UBI stuff is garbage!

Jaysta
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by vFerenc:
at least god for you couse you guys had the oportunity the chance to try the online mode.Nor me!

++++++1

vFerenc
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
What this **** means???? : "failed to initialize network service" I JUST CAN PLAY ONLINE !!!! HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Knight07_650
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
There are so many problems with this game because UBI rushed it. I could write a book about all the things that need fixed in this game, from the realism to all the glitches and the multiplayer. If Ubisoft actually took their time to make a good quality product, like Bungie did with Halo 3 and Infinity Ward did with COD4, instead of rushing a sequel less than 2 years after the first Vegas, we wouldn't have so many problems. Sure, every game has its glitches, bugs, and gameplay mechanics that need fixed, and that's acceptable. The amount of things that need fixed in this game is just ridiculous. The work in the single player and multiplayer both is just sloppy and unprofessional. UBI won't be getting any more of my money until they stop rushing out half-assed products to make a quick buck and start making good, quality games that only need minor fixes.

Kojak...
05-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by RazerBurn:
<span class="ev_code_RED">WELL</span> .....at the moment they [Removed by Ubi.Vigil]K
<span class="ev_code_RED">Don't worry I corrected your spelling with my spell check </span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LMAO!
You really need to make the sig pop more. May I suggest something to the effect of

[Removed by Ubi.Vigil]

LMAO
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

It's not as good as DMG's biscuit bogarting machine, but hey we can't all be biscuit burglars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif <I'm still waiting for the invite to the Ubi birthday party, I better get to ride a donkey or something[/QUOTE]

Kojak...
05-20-2008, 04:19 AM
Am <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> the only person who thinks that Ubisoft has been releasing half <span class="ev_code_RED">***</span> games recently?[ENDQUOTE] <span class="ev_code_RED">"Assed" implies there being more than one ***(example, "I am multi-assed." ) Therefore, if you were to have half of that, you would still have at least one whole ***, so it would be proper to say "half ***", as well as "I have many asses."</span>

<span class="ev_code_green">Yes, no one else, including myself has commented about this. Again I am in the dark, and again, I move to vote kick ANightMares and oODMGOo for not catching this and sharing with the rest of us. Knowing how oODMGOo can be, he probably took this little biscuit of information, and is bogarting it from us! I don't know what ANightMares did, but he looks suspicious enough!</span>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kris470:

90% of the servers <span class="ev_code_RED">listed</span> are not even in my country <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> and only about 3 servers actually show a ping. Like the 1st Vegas, the ping system is pretty much <span class="ev_code_RED">useless</span> ..

<span class="ev_code_Red">Don't worry I corrected your spelling with my spell check http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif</span>
To correct the whole document would have taken just way to long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">You have to understand servers like mine won't list ping, because for one I'm super ultra cool,and second because of a super high tech, ultra cool(just like me), alien technology that makes me stealth like a futuristic space ninja. It's called a firewall, and when it finally reaches the masses, everyone will thank Al Gore, Rick James and Martha Stewart for bringing this alien technology to our planet. Until then, you and the minions will just have to wait my friend, and realize just how super ultra cool I, and the people I share this super, ultra cool,super stealth space ninja technology with, really are. I must now end this message before I use up all my krypton fonts, and Al Gore comes knocking on my door wanting his spell check back .</span>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/GrandStation76/226783238_eafd9f3d28.jpg

Kris470
05-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Kojak...:
Am <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> the only person who thinks that Ubisoft has been releasing half <span class="ev_code_RED">***</span> games recently?[ENDQUOTE] <span class="ev_code_RED">"Assed" implies there being more than one ***(example, "I am multi-assed." ) Therefore, if you were to have half of that, you would still have at least one whole ***, so it would be proper to say "half ***", as well as "I have many asses."</span>

No actually the correct term is "half assed"
Assed is not a plural, asses is.

The phrase "half assed" means half effort, poor job.

Congratulations you can use a spell checker, however if you actually had the slightest idea what you were talking about you may know that spell checkers are not always accurate. Especially when it comes to differences in cultures. for example, in the US "color" is the correct spelling. in Australia its "colour".
Also, my typing isnt perfect. Hence why i missed that 1 whole letter in the entire post.

As for the rest of the jargan you came up with... i have no idea what you were talking about, but my advice to you would be to not talk like that in public... You'll get bashed for being a complete moron.
Maybe stick to the World Of Warcraft forums?

Kojak...
05-20-2008, 05:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kojak...:

No <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> actually the correct term is "half assed"

<span class="ev_code_RED"> "You did a half *** job." would actually be correct, "assed" is slang made up by people that used it for so long incorrectly, they believe it to be right.
Example "I'ma busyou in yer mouff"</span>

Congratulations <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> you can use a spell checker, however if you actually had the slightest idea what you were talking about <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> you may know that spell checkers are not always accurate <span class="ev_code_RED">, e</span> specially when it comes to <span class="ev_code_RED">the </span> differences in cultures. <span class="ev_code_RED">F</span> or example, in the U <span class="ev_code_RED">.</span> S <span class="ev_code_RED">.</span> "color" is the correct spelling. <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> n Australia it <span class="ev_code_RED">'</span> s "colour". <span class="ev_code_RED"> Any language capitalizes the lead word of a sentence and the letter "I" when speaking about ones self, as well as semi proper usage of commas.</span>
Also, my typing <span class="ev_code_RED">isn't</span> perfect. Hence <span class="ev_code_RED"> (Try not using such big words, I'm dumb and will have to ask oODMGOo to explain this 'hence" thing to me tomorrow)</span> why <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> missed that 1 whole letter in the entire post. <span class="ev_code_RED">Try around 60-70 minimum </span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

As for the rest of the <span class="ev_code_RED">jargon</span> you came up with <span class="ev_code_RED">, I</span> have no idea what you were talking about, but my advice to you would be to not talk like that in public <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">y</span> ou'll get bashed for being a complete moron. <span class="ev_code_RED">It is obvious that my intelligence spans no further than that of a 3rd grader, but my point with that was don't whine like your 12, (unless you are then I apologize) whine\type like a man!</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">Also</span> ,<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Firewalls can block ping request dumbshi*. </span>
Maybe stick to the World Of Warcraft forums?<span class="ev_code_RED">Yeah, play catch with a kangaroo you fuc*ing illiterate Aussie. I was just kidding around, but now yes, you know your an idiot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">You should thank me for letting you know your an idiot, because sheep are liars!</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Damn it Al Gore, I'm almost done!</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

REV1Z
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris470:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kojak...:

No <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> actually the correct term is "half assed"

<span class="ev_code_RED"> "You did a half *** job." would actually be correct, "assed" is slang made up by people that used it for so long incorrectly, they believe it to be right.
Example "I'ma busyou in yer mouff"</span>

Congratulations <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> you can use a spell checker, however if you actually had the slightest idea what you were talking about <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span> you may know that spell checkers are not always accurate <span class="ev_code_RED">, e</span> specially when it comes to <span class="ev_code_RED">the </span> differences in cultures. <span class="ev_code_RED">F</span> or example, in the U <span class="ev_code_RED">.</span> S <span class="ev_code_RED">.</span> "color" is the correct spelling. <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> n Australia it <span class="ev_code_RED">'</span> s "colour". <span class="ev_code_RED"> Any language capitalizes the lead word of a sentence and the letter "I" when speaking about ones self, as well as semi proper usage of commas.</span>
Also, my typing <span class="ev_code_RED">isn't</span> perfect. Hence <span class="ev_code_RED"> (Try not using such big words, I'm dumb and will have to ask oODMGOo to explain this 'hence" thing to me tomorrow)</span> why <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> missed that 1 whole letter in the entire post. <span class="ev_code_RED">Try around 60-70 minimum </span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

As for the rest of the <span class="ev_code_RED">jargon</span> you came up with <span class="ev_code_RED">, I</span> have no idea what you were talking about, but my advice to you would be to not talk like that in public <span class="ev_code_RED">,</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">y</span> ou'll get bashed for being a complete moron. <span class="ev_code_RED">It is obvious that my intelligence spans no further than that of a 3rd grader, but my point with that was don't whine like your 12, (unless you are then I apologize) whine\type like a man!</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">Also</span> ,<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Firewalls can block ping request dumbshi*. </span>
Maybe stick to the World Of Warcraft forums?<span class="ev_code_RED">Yeah, play catch with a kangaroo you fuc*ing illiterate Aussie. I was just kidding around, but now yes, you know your an idiot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">You should thank me for letting you know your an idiot, because sheep are liars!</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Damn it Al Gore, I'm almost done!</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who the hell appointed you the grammar police?

Kris470
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Wow i guess my last msg really hit a nerve?
No need to get so worked up...
Your talking like a complete keyboard warrior.
Big on the net, weedy in person.
And such hostility saying im a "fuc*ing illiterate Aussie", considering it is you who uses the spell checker.

Did you even read what your spell checker changed? or do you just copy paste?
The amount of mistakes it made was pretty pathetic... Wtf was with the spaces in words?

Its pretty shameful you need to use a spell checker anyway.
I dont go into detail with punctuation because im not writing a curriculum vitae. This is a forum... And to be honest i dont really care that much about spelling, grammer and punctuation. Again... This is a forum.

Fair enough if you feel the need to correct everything, if it gets you off then go for it. However it isnt going to get you laid, i dont think theres too much that will help you there.

Hence (Try not using such big words, I'm dumb and will have to ask oODMGOo to explain this 'hence" thing to me tomorrow)

Hence is a 5 letter word, it isnt that big.
And you call me illiterate?

It is obvious that my intelligence spans no further than that of a 3rd grader, but my point with that was don't whine like your 12, (unless you are then I apologize) whine\type like a man! Also ,Firewalls can block ping request dumbshi*.

I will agree with your intelligence (or lack of). How would your point be to not whine thou, when its you who seems to be whining?
Also, i know firewalls can block ping requests. But, firewall settings can be changed, and you can forward ports so i dont know what you were getting at with that. along with the rest of your posts being pretty much pointless and off topic.
If your only posting to try get into a little arguement then i suggest maybe you should get out of the house, get a social life, and make a real friend or 2. (if you can...)

And for the record, i would really like to see you scrape up the guts to say **** about me being Aussie in person.
I wont judge the people in your country on you, your obviously a pretty pathetic example of your race. Im sure the rest of your race are pretty decent people.

Try to relax man. one day you may make some friends =)

Take care.

REV1Z
05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
^ I think he needs to pose as a english teacher at a middle school to cover up for his lack of manhood.

Kris470
05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by REV1Z:
^ I think he needs to pose as a english teacher at a middle school to cover up for his lack of manhood.

Nah dont be too hard on him.
I think he is just trying to make himself feel bigger because he more then likely gets bullied/bashed at school.

If im correct then i will respect the fact he has very diminished self esteem, however he isnt going to make his problems go away by trying to vent them on other people.

Kojak...
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
LMAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Ubi.Vigil
05-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Please keep this thread on topic. While it started as a constructive criticism of the multiplayer aspect of Vegas 2, it later descended into off topic chatter which only gets in the way of the valuable feedback.

Kojak, if you continue to make offensive posts like that you will receive a week long ban at the least, that kind of language is not appropriate for this forum.

Kojak...
05-20-2008, 07:52 PM

because im not writing a curriculum vitae[/QUOTE] http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

[/QUOTE] And for the record, i would really like to see you scrape up the guts to say **** about me being Aussie in person.
I wont judge the people in your country on you, your obviously a pretty pathetic example of your race.

Take care.[/QUOTE]

I would say even more in person,trust me.
I'm done already,relax.
LMAO
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

ANightMares
05-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Ubisoft cant even get there patches right.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">No you are not the only one.</span>

cheerios
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif