PDA

View Full Version : ACB Multiplayer PC Deluxe Edition problem

Fearghas_Mor
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi guys,
I'm having an issue with ACB, I bought the Deluxe edition in the Steam Summer sale and I've been looking forward to the multiplayer after playing The Ship when it came out.
Problem is, there are never enough players found, I've been trying for ages and I refuse to believe there's only ever me and 1 other person trying to play it in the world at one time!
Any hints/tips to help me play some AC?
Because I have the deluxe edition does that mean those with the normal one don't come up on my games? Maybe the Da Vinci Disappearance means I'm on a slightly different version?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

MonsterJunkese
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Not your problem, It's ubisoft's fabulous servers.

Fearghas_Mor
07-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
So am I ever going to get to play? I only get a max 2/6 on any mode, will it just pass over time?

thornebrook
07-11-2011, 03:59 PM
If you can log into your router, check if "UPnP" is enabled, and try to open the ports listed in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/9691085619), specifically port 7917.

The PC version's different in that all the relevant Multiplayer DLCs come pre-installed. No need to worry about activating/de-activating DLCs.

Fearghas_Mor
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks so much for all this guys!
The UPnP is enabled, and going to add those ports there were more boxes to fill in than I was inspecting, do I fill the number in yellow on the linked thread on external or internal port number? Or both! I'm not great at computer technicalities, rather not break anything...

I left it searching on Play Now and searching for specific game types on Player and Ranked for about 20-30 mins. I kept it within eye and ear shot so I didn't miss anything but nothing happened.

Fearghas_Mor
07-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Ok, so I followed the instructions on that thread but when I try and apply it I get an error message about the internet gateway not accepting it and to change the settings on its web interface. I've been hunting around on there and I can't find an obvious way to do that. The place I came to first announced I wasn't allowed to do what I was trying to... I thought I was the human? I'm guessing my fussy O2 wireless box is refusing to let me just let ports do what they fancy past its security..

thornebrook
07-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I wish I could help more, but I'm not well-versed in a lot of router settings, just my own. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Try looking up your router model here for instructions on how to open ports:

http://portforward.com/

Not sure about the internal/external thing either. Hoping other forumers with more know-how will chime in!

Ripe Claw
07-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Try the different DLC. 0.0 gets matches the fastest usually. 2.0 is also pretty fast. 1.0 usually takes forever to find a match, 3.0 can take a while if noone is using it.