PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE UBISOFT

Hobbez245
05-08-2006, 11:55 PM
From the video today it acutally looks pretty nice but I am REALLY worried about that 3rd person thing. If that is single player ONLY then great, awesome. But if you can 3rd person like that in multiplayer...well say hello to another flop.

Nomad_381
05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Somebody mentioned on the GB forums that it was going to be a selectable feature. I have no idea how reliable that data is but can only hope.

Imagine if in BA there was that same 3rd person on corners...noone would ever even see each other. They would rush up to a certain corner and put their back to it and then just wait for the other guy with his back to the corner to move out, which would basically be suicide.

flskins1970
05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Hence this would not be called R63 and should be renamed to GRAW: Vegas

xXTwisXx
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Agreed this should have never even been thought of about the 3rd Person Issue...3rd Person will never and can never work for a rainbow series game and will just screw with the game. Please dont put 3rd Person in it or I am afraid that Ubisoft will not continue there great 360 Carrer.

Hop3z
05-10-2006, 04:02 PM
3rd person and Rainbow= Bad, end of story.

Steel1977
05-11-2006, 07:05 AM
Well when I saw the trailer and I agree It looks pretty much like graw indoors with swat gear. I think it works well on consoles, but for the hardcore R6 fans, you should be looking out for the PC version. No 360 or PS3 Tom Clancy game will look like the original and bests of the series. That's the painful truth.

m00nrakerelite
05-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Steel1977:
Well when I saw the trailer and I agree It looks pretty much like graw indoors with swat gear. I think it works well on consoles, but for the hardcore R6 fans, you should be looking out for the PC version. No 360 or PS3 Tom Clancy game will look like the original and bests of the series. That's the painful truth.

this isnt a cosmetic issue. its purely gameplay. the rainbow enthusiasts like are not looking for realism. we are not looking for pec modes, please leave that to huxley. we are looking for a fast paced game with mainly small, well thought out multiplayer maps that allow us to turn the reticle w/ whatever speed we can do so accurately. We are looking for the ability to host our own servers, preferably dedicated, and the single player is an afterthought.

Gigg1es
05-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, PLEASE NO 3rd. GRAW is bad enough with all the campers 3rd personing everyone and everything. I don't get why all of a sudden all the Tom Clancy games coming out take no skill at all, anyone can be good. The great thing about the previous rainbow games was the fact you had to play and build your skill rather than the spray and pray that was in lockdown and all new clancy games.....c'mon, bring back the games that take skill and time to get good at. Quit making the games soo damn noob friendly!

flskins1970
05-11-2006, 12:28 PM
While I am totally against anytype of 3rd person view in a R63 game I think we would all be better served if UBI would give us some MP video and/or some more information about the options available in the MP game. Like many of you I am not interested in the SP, just the MP aspect of the game and the GAMEPLAY! Graphics are nice, but GAMEPLAY is where its at for those that play this game on XBOX LIVE.

Give us some more INFO UBI!

akedo29
05-11-2006, 01:30 PM
well hobbez.. since they shut down your 3rd person petition... wonder why? hmmmm trying to say it was another discussion on the same subject.. i didnt see any other petitions on this tho!!! a discussion to talk about it and a petition to get ppl aware of a problem to try and fix a major disaster are two different things!!!!!!i am sure that we ARE too late, and even if not, the powers that be simply do not care anymore about making a true clancy experience, and are looking more to the fantasy world of hollywood and john woo-esque flash in the pan money-makers, than caring about true "rainbow" and or clancy fans! so ill start it up here for ya... NO 3rd person. unless there is a sticky cam were tossing on the wall behind us every time...

cre8nhavoc
05-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by m00nrakerelite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steel1977:

this isnt a cosmetic issue. its purely gameplay. the rainbow enthusiasts like are not looking for realism. we are not looking for pec modes, please leave that to huxley. we are looking for a fast paced game with mainly small, well thought out multiplayer maps that allow us to turn the reticle w/ whatever speed we can do so accurately. We are looking for the ability to host our own servers, preferably dedicated, and the single player is an afterthought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

CORRECTION: The true Rainbow Six fans WANT realism, just as the game & series as always had to offer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

NOMADIC1974
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
having a 3rd person perspective that allows you to see around and over objects while you your body is not exposed and your eyes are nowhere near the direction the camer is looking is TOTALLY UNREALISTIC. Not to mention it makes gameplay very frustrating.

NOMADIC1974
05-11-2006, 02:27 PM
it's all about the single shot. Single shot , single shot, single shot. This is what's been missing from Clancy games lately. GRAW, LOCKDOWN, etc.. the games have changed their reticule system to make it easier to get kills. This just makes the games very shallow and they lose their appeal quickly on xbox live. When a game is too easy, it's not as fun to play cause theirs nothing to work for. No skills to hone.

Games like OGR, GRIT, Rainbow Six and Black Arrow all had reticule systems where you had to use single shot to get kills. It was all about Accuracy and getting that single shot to the head. It was more challenging and made you want to keep playing for hours and hours to master the games.

The recent releases from Clancy have been all graphics and short on the gameplay. You shouldn't be able to shoot accurately with your weapon on full auto like you can in Lockdown, GRAW and Critical Hour.

Stick to first person and a reticule system that rewards accuracy and you've got a sure fire best seller that will please all the die-hards and the new fans. Case Closed.

Hobbez245
05-11-2006, 02:32 PM
PERFECTLY put