PDA

View Full Version : Emblem disappearing from personas

loomer979
11-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Ok I've had this problem a lot and I know a few other people have too but I'm curious as to how widespread it is. It has become nearly impossible to get my emblem to show up in actual matches. Sometimes I can fiddle with the emblem creator and get it to show up on personas in the character customization menu... sometimes that transfers over to the actual matches and sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty maddening and when I do get it to work it seems pretty random and never lasts for long.

Have other people been running into this, and if so have you found a reliable way to fix it, even temporarily?

EDIT: See my post below for the cause and solution to this. Basically, wait a couple seconds before choosing your persona.

Drakuaza
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
I havnt had any trouble with it yet.
So idk.

FlailingAmigo
11-18-2011, 03:43 PM
You know I've been having this as well.

I thought maybe it was because my Trickster wasn't wearing enough clothes to have the emblem on her back, but it did appear again on the next match.

I have a theory that it happens when you join a match that's already started, as the NPC's on the map have already spawned without emblems.

Haven't had enough session yet to be able to clarify this

banolan
11-18-2011, 06:39 PM
I am having this problem also. I created a emblem this morning and I have only seen it on my persona during 2 matches. The only reason I got the second one to show up is because I had modified it. I didn't have this problem in the beta at all. Even if I get out of the game and go back in it still won't show up.

FlailingAmigo
11-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Maybe it's a Turret Glitch...

Chronomancy
11-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Drakuaza:
I havnt had any trouble with it yet.
So idk.

livevil6633
11-18-2011, 11:31 PM
i have been having this problem and it will also be that i can see my emblem on my screen but i was playing with my friend and he said i had no emblem on his screen.

EnterinPwnZone
11-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Same here! It doesn't show up at all!

Strigidae Moth
11-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't really notice, mainly cause I play as the Jester and the emblem don't show up him.

Just Krispy
11-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I have the same problem..

loomer979
11-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Ok, I found out what the issue is. Basically, at the selection screen the game loads your character model first and then loads the emblem. However, if you choose your character too quickly the game will pick your persona without putting the emblem on. So the solution is to just wait a couple seconds before confirming your character selection so that the emblem can load. Even with the workaround, I would encourage people to file a ticket with support anyway so that the devs are aware of the problem.

Props to metalsnake who found the cause and solution.

Blaqk_Friday
11-20-2011, 07:15 AM
but someone might steal my character while i'm waiting for the emblem to load.... (I don't actually have a fave character yet but anyways :P )

banolan
11-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by loomer979:
Ok, I found out what the issue is. Basically, at the selection screen the game loads your character model first and then loads the emblem. However, if you choose your character too quickly the game will pick your persona without putting the emblem on. So the solution is to just wait a couple seconds before confirming your character selection so that the emblem can load. Even with the workaround, I would encourage people to file a ticket with support anyway so that the devs are aware of the problem.

Props to metalsnake who found the cause and solution.

Well I am glad you found out what it is. Thanks Loomer.