PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes on 360

efex23
11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
hey am haveing problems with assassins creed just freezing on me everytime i play i already exchange out the game once for freezing. i play halo it fine no freezing it just that game.

robatubisoft
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by efex23:
hey am haveing problems with assassins creed just freezing on me everytime i play i already exchange out the game once for freezing. i play halo it fine no freezing it just that game.

*Rubs Magic 8-ball*

*Looks*

The answer is not clear. Ask again later.

Sorry, I tried.

Phreaky_McGeek
11-15-2007, 12:26 AM
When did you purchase this 360? If it RLOD'd, when has the replacement reached you?

Seragath
11-15-2007, 06:15 AM
These Freezes people are complaining about is scaring the **** out of me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif..this better not happen to my xbox, since its new http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Exassassin
11-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Freezing issues means that the 360 will die in a few weeks from now. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have it while playing Halo 3 because every game is different. If you keep getting it with this game you could try and exchange it and buy the game from another store and see if it works. Some stores tend to get a bad shipment. It doesn't happen a lot but there are times that there's one lousy shipment. If that isn't it, your 360 is on the brink of extinction.

MiniAssasin
11-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Exassassin:
Freezing issues means that the 360 will die in a few weeks from now. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have it while playing Halo 3 because every game is different. If you keep getting it with this game you could try and exchange it and buy the game from another store and see if it works. Some stores tend to get a bad shipment. It doesn't happen a lot but there are times that there's one lousy shipment. If that isn't it, your 360 is on the brink of extinction.

freezing issues dont mean ya xbox is going to die lol

Exassassin
11-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:

freezing issues dont mean ya xbox is going to die lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, trust me. It does. It might not happen when he only has the freezing issues in one certain part of the game, but if the game won't even boot up and freezes on any part the problem lies with the 360 OR the game disc. I would suggest him to exchange the disc and get another disc from a different store. If that does not work the problem lies with his 360.

MiniAssasin
11-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Exassassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:

freezing issues dont mean ya xbox is going to die lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, trust me. It does. It might not happen when he only has the freezing issues in one certain part of the game, but if the game won't even boot up and freezes on any part the problem lies with the 360 OR the game disc. I would suggest him to exchange the disc and get another disc from a different store. If that does not work the problem lies with his 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

theres a million things that can cause a game to freeze it doesnt necessarily mean your console is going to die.

Cutts77
11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Go to GAME or your nearest shop and get a new one?

Exassassin
11-15-2007, 06:43 AM
He says the game is constantly freezing for him, which is either surely a problem from the game disc, or the Xbox 360. Like I said: I'd suggest that he exchanges the disc at the store he bought it from, and then buy it at another store. If that STILL doesnt work the problem definitely lies with his 360.

Seragath
11-15-2007, 08:02 AM
holy ****...does this happen to all xbox 360's ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ...

ACook94
11-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Same thing happen'd to me ages ago when playing GRAW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif and other games worked ok for a while then they all started freezing. It's on it's way out you'll probably see the red ring of death soon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif but when it's fixed the 360's work great again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Or it just might be the disc ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

the maxz
11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
my first xbox 360 was freezing verry often. And de console was verry hot. And then he died.

raz22
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Well I hate to say it, but I also had the game freeze up on me once (so far). I had been playing for about two hours, but had it paused at one point for about 10 minutes. I was entering Damascus from the Kingdom and it froze in the Animus loading screen. I was disappointed, to say the least.

My 360 didn't feel too hot, actually, but I know that playing for extended periods of time can make the 360 very warm inside. I restarted the 360 right away and re-loaded my game. I was a short ways back in the Kingdom but got back to where I needed to go and played for another 30 minutes with no problem.

I turned off the 360 to eat some dinner and relax for about an hour and then played AC for another three hours with no problems. I think the break helped cool the console down.

The freezing will probably come back - it's inevitable. The 360 just gets hot. That disc is spinning constantly - AC is a very noisy game. There's nothing anyone can do about it. My 360 is an Elite that I got in July - but it's still a machine that gets hot. Of all the amount of time that I've played games on this 360, I'd say that 2% of the time it freezes. We just have to roll with the punches.

Strangely only one other game has frozen on me - GRAW 2 (also from Ubisoft). Freezing issues for that game are well documented on internet forums.

Let's just hope it doesn't freeze when I'm going in for the final kill! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MachitoMan
11-15-2007, 12:29 PM
The game freezes constantly. No, don't blame my xbox 360. it is perfectly fine, along with all my other games. I exchanged the game today again, and it still freezes. It runs about 10 mins and then everything stops. It's really annoying when I'm doing a mission and before the whole city becomes alerted - I freeze and end up going through the same cutscenes over, and over, and over. There must be some sort of bug within the game.

katz_bg
11-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by MachitoMan:
The game freezes constantly. No, don't blame my xbox 360. Then I guess we should blame God then, right? I don't see another option.

MachitoMan
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MachitoMan:
The game freezes constantly. No, don't blame my xbox 360. Then I guess we should blame God then, right? I don't see another option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you say something stupid like that? the only option is the game. I said it at the end, "a bug within the game." It's not just happening to xbox 360 owners, it's happening to PS3 owners as well.

paulmryder1979
11-15-2007, 01:02 PM
the freezing in the animus loading screen and at one point during play in jerusalum happend to me too and i'm running it on a ps3

raz22
11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
MachitoMan: I can't speak for Ubisoft, obviously, but I understand your frustration. My game hasn't frozen more then once (as of yet, knock on wood), but it was annoying nonetheless.

Like I said before, GRAW 2 was the only other game to freeze my 360. I know Ubisoft dumped Starforce game protection on their PC titles...do they use any form of copy protection on their 360 / PS3 titles?

Lastly, it's an entirely new engine that, to my eyes, is pretty intense. It seems to read from the game disc constantly (and it's pretty loud, too.) Perhaps it isn't the 360 individually or the game individually, just the interaction and resulting heat build up together.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Ubisoft or Microsoft or anyone, but there's a cause for everything.

We're hearing so many reports of freezing issues because people who experience them come here and to other forums to talk about the problem. There's probably a majority of people who haven't experienced any issues, so saying the game is defective at this point may be premature, but let's stay tuned...

MachitoMan
11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey razz, I understand what you said about labeling the game being defective is a little bit pre-mature. But that's not what I'm saying at all. It's frustrating to have to deal with (the possibility) of a random bug that occurs during game play very often. This ˜bug' can occur from anything you do; it hasn't been narrowed down yet. But I seem to freeze a lot when I run through the towns or scale buildings. Could it be data streaming off the disc? I don't know, I have no clue. I didn't make the game.

But I would like to state my opinion that it can't be a "heat" issue. I just find it hard to believe in, even if that's the case. The only other game that I had similar problems was with Rainbow Six Vegas - with random, but not as frequent, freezes. Every other game was/is smooth. No problems what so ever. Come to think of it, aren't Assassin's Creed and Rainbow Six both developed by Ubisoft Montreal?

It is very exasperating. I'm enjoying the game so much, but at the same time, the freezes are just killing it mortally for me. I just had to turn off my system now and I'm just going to go to the movie theaters and take a break from this frustration. I am so very thankful of the auto-save system. At least I can continue not too far off where I last froze. It's one feature in assassin's creed that's keeping me sane haha.

I would just love to hear something from ubisoft after I report in a ticket. Something that will make me look forward to.

endo23
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've only had freezes with games that clearly push the 360's capabilities to the max-- Assassin's, Gears-- something about these engines needing to stream off the disc constantly just seems to make them prone to locking up. I think it's the price we pay for all the pretty graphics and the ridiculous draw distances in this game. So far it's only happened once to me so I'm not sweating it, but if it continues that will be a major bummer...

raz22
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Come to think of it, aren't Assassin's Creed and Rainbow Six both developed by Ubisoft Montreal?

Yes, they are. GRAW 2 and AC, both Ubisoft, have frozen on me. GRAW 2's freezing is well documented on internet forums.

R6:Vegas is also Ubisoft and froze for you too.

I'm starting to connect some dots but I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions. Let's see what they say to the question I asked their tech support team.

endo23: I've got plenty of hard drive space left on my 360. I'd love the option to dump some of the data to it if it would decrease the workload on the disc itself. That thing is really spinning in there, and it's hot to the touch when it comes out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

katz_bg
11-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by raz22:
endo23: I've got plenty of hard drive space left on my 360. I'd love the option to dump some of the data to it if it would decrease the workload on the disc itself. That thing is really spinning in there, and it's hot to the touch when it comes out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif unlike on the ps3 where they can use the hdd if they desire, they need M$'s permission (and probably source codes) to do so on the 360. That doesn't make much difference yet, but it could in the near year or two.

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2007, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MachitoMan:
Come to think of it, aren't Assassin's Creed and Rainbow Six both developed by Ubisoft Montreal?

Yes, they are. GRAW 2 and AC, both Ubisoft, have frozen on me. GRAW 2's freezing is well documented on internet forums.

R6:Vegas is also Ubisoft and froze for you too.

I'm starting to connect some dots but I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions. Let's see what they say to the question I asked their tech support team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt connect too many dots....GRAW2 is Ubisoft but its Ubisoft Paris & Red Storm Entertainment NOT Ubisoft Montreal, very different development houses.
Further more its not just Ubisoft titles which have reported freezing issues on the 360, in fact the post above yours states Gears of War as one and Ubi definately didnt develop that one

As a 360 owner (ive got 2) i am well aware of some of the issues that the system has, and sometimes its too easy to pass the blame for those onto something else. Sometimes its wise to gather more info and take a step back and see what the wider picture produces http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MiniAssasin
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
We're hearing so many reports of freezing issues because people who experience them come here and to other forums to talk about the problem.

lol i count 4 so far all from people who say they havent stopepd playing for like 5+ hours.

i mean seriously lol, the reasn these consoles die is coz ya over work them. its insane.

MachitoMan
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

lol i count 4 so far all from people who say they havent stopepd playing for like 5+ hours.

i mean seriously lol, the reasn these consoles die is coz ya over work them. its insane.

Yes, that is true to some extent. I've seen other's people bad habbits. But mine is definately not over-worked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Heck I'm still on my first xbox, 1 year after launch. Still runs like a king.

And thanks for the reply ms-kleaneasy. I'm not blaming Ubisoft for anything, I'm just trying to do what you've said, gather more information.

I just sent Ubisoft a detailed explanation of my very first "freeze" - what, when, where, and how.

I want recreational hour to be fun - not stand up, push button, sitdown, wish for goodluck, repeat cycle :\

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
I just sent Ubisoft a detailed explanation of my very first "freeze" - what, when, where, and how.

Thats the best thing to do tbh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

raz22
11-15-2007, 03:33 PM
ms-kleaneasy: I agree with what you're saying. Despite different development houses, it's still the same publisher. But you're right, that's neither here nor there.

I personally played through Gears of War multiple times and didn't experience any freezing - I guess that proves my point: "If it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't exist."

I chalk freezing up to overheating. AC runs fast and loud and if I play for hours and hours and hours, I can expect it to probably heat up beyond it's tolerance.

I'm still interested to hear what Ubisoft tech support recommends. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jakebeatyou
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
can you return a broken disc to gametop if it is out of the pacakge

Exassassin
11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Played Assassin's Creed for 4 hours without shutting down the console (I did take a break of 1 hour) and the game did not froze on me once, nor do I have any framerate or V-Sync issues. And you know what the weirdest part is? My 360 is more silent while I am playing games like Oblivion or Gears of War, which is really weird. I do hear the drive spinning, but it's really not as noticeable.

endo23
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Well perhaps M$ will concede something on the hard drive issue-- I know Epic is working on them to allow mods for Unreal Tournament, so who knows? If it takes releasing source code to keep their games competitive with Sony, they'll do it eventually, but I agree it's becoming an issue with certain titles. Gears practically burnt my house down with its endless spinnin', but can you do?

Pinjani10
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Ive never had any freezing on any game thus far, my 360 never gets hot to the touch or anything. Just keep it well ventilated and don't play with it vertical It may just be me but I dont like some of the extra noises you get when you play vertical

ImpulsePainter
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I had an error with the disc, in his dreamy cloudy state after the part where (very slight spoiler ahead) he loses his 2 buddies and after he runs back and up to the hole. I returned the disk, talked to the people working at eb games/gamestop and they said they just had someone return their game (for a new one) because it froze at the same exact spot.

Note: After taking the disc out and blowing air both on the disk and 360, it worked (after freezing 2-3 times at the same spot). These are pretty minor errors, and certainly not as widespread as halo 3's LE disk scratching.

MachitoMan
11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Well I tried Ubisoft Tech Support and it was really useless. I got the same generic answers that everyone gets, I even compared my answers to someone with the same issues on the PS3. It's as if the tech guys just open up the questions, then copy and paste answers of relevance.

They told me to inspect the CD - it's a DVD. PS3 also don't run the games CDs either. Yet a gamer with a PS3 got the same reply. They also mentioned something about having more than 1 controller connected/plugged in. I only have 1 wireless controller and the PS3 uses Bluetooth I think. No plugs.

I tried explaining everything, but they insisted I call Microsoft and report my perfectly fine console as defective. They also told the PS3 gamer to call Sony. As if they khow better than the owners on the state of our consoles because they are there in person, and have played it on.

My issue was never resolved. I kept asking questions. But the guy changed the status of my issue to it being "resolved". That's a bummer.

jimbo96710
11-16-2007, 12:51 AM
I dont know if this will work with AC but it always worked with R6V. What you do is hold (A) from when the game is booting up (when screen goes black after putting in the disk) until you get (start game) option. It dumps cache memory and as i said it worked with R6V.

Hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Wow, the theories in here are priceless. Guess what? I own AC, GRAW 2, R6V, and Splinter Cell: DA and I can only remember R6V freezing once, after at least 5 or 6 hours of straight play. I played that game A TON. 4 hours was a normal session for me. Ubisoft is not doing anything to your consoles.

efex23
11-16-2007, 03:38 AM
well am thinking am gonna exchange this game one more time the first exchange was at a diffrent best buy store. if that doesn't work am thinking it my xbox again but i already had it ship out once for the ring of death. I have Gears of war, r6v and other games and play those without a problem but wth AC i can even get pass the first part of the game so yeah this is just crazt hopefully i get this **** solved.

acydxrayn
11-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Hmm.....
I have owned a 360 since the first day of it's release. I have had to send one in for the red ring. I have had a few lock up issues, but nothing like you guys complain about. At the same time, I am also VERY smart about where I put my 360 and the enviroment I play it in. ALL next gen consoles are prone to over heating. It's a matter of cramming tons of hard working electronics into small spaces. Guess what, it happens! As consoles get more and more advanced the issues will become more frequent until they are addressed.

On a second note, using a "intercooler" can be a bad thing two. There are two things on the 360 that will over heat, the power supply, and the console its self. You can put small non flammable objects on either side of the power supply in order to get it off a surface and allow air flow under it. For the 360, don't play it in a hot room, dont put it near other electronic equipement... AND DONT SEAL IT IN AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER!! Make sure it is getting plenty of airflow, and it can help to ensure that the air in the room is circulating! Even doing all this you will still see some freezing, but it can help. I also dont play with it in the vertical position, seen more freezing that way.

These are all my opinions, so please don't think I'm bashing anyone or anything!

Just a quick note, my roomate has a PS3 and he has to follow the same guidelines in respect with his PS3 and the items they have that over heat.

Just play smartly, electronics hate heat, it can cause unpredictable reactions on the console!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I keep my house at or below 70F all year long. That can greatly help computers/tv's/consoles.

MiniAssasin
11-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by acydxrayn:
Hmm.....
I have owned a 360 since the first day of it's release. I have had to send one in for the red ring. I have had a few lock up issues, but nothing like you guys complain about. At the same time, I am also VERY smart about where I put my 360 and the enviroment I play it in. ALL next gen consoles are prone to over heating. It's a matter of cramming tons of hard working electronics into small spaces. Guess what, it happens! As consoles get more and more advanced the issues will become more frequent until they are addressed.

On a second note, using a "intercooler" can be a bad thing two. There are two things on the 360 that will over heat, the power supply, and the console its self. You can put small non flammable objects on either side of the power supply in order to get it off a surface and allow air flow under it. For the 360, don't play it in a hot room, dont put it near other electronic equipement... AND DONT SEAL IT IN AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER!! Make sure it is getting plenty of airflow, and it can help to ensure that the air in the room is circulating! Even doing all this you will still see some freezing, but it can help. I also dont play with it in the vertical position, seen more freezing that way.

These are all my opinions, so please don't think I'm bashing anyone or anything!

Just a quick note, my roomate has a PS3 and he has to follow the same guidelines in respect with his PS3 and the items they have that over heat.

Just play smartly, electronics hate heat, it can cause unpredictable reactions on the console!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I keep my house at or below 70F all year long. That can greatly help computers/tv's/consoles.

i play mine verticle for ,onths the only issue i had was 1 game which i left running for 9 hours by mistake which froze

x_101_
11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Sounds to me like its freezing on both systems http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif, oh well atleast this will be fixed for the PC haha, Lol. but i'll have to wait a while to find out though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif.

mormonplyr
11-16-2007, 06:59 AM
it has not froze on mine, its running better than ever, and no scratched disk. i have the intercooler soo....

raz22
11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I just want to let everyone here know that nobody is trying to start a "Ubisoft conspiracy" or anything. They're just simple observations, and can be left at that.

Further, I take as good care of my 360 as anyone else who's posted on this thread does. The "suggestions" have already been implemented, I can assure you my 360 gets the royal treatment and care as well.

The game only froze once on me yesterday, and I played for three hours afterwards with no problems and two hours last night with no problems.

My problem is an isolated incident (so far) that I chalk up to heat, so please don't think that I'm trying to incite a riot or anything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now, the PS3 firmware issue that is stickied on the main page...THAT might be something to be aware of. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

acydxrayn
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
I just want to let everyone here know that nobody is trying to start a "Ubisoft conspiracy" or anything. They're just simple observations, and can be left at that.

Further, I take as good care of my 360 as anyone else who's posted on this thread does. The "suggestions" have already been implemented, I can assure you my 360 gets the royal treatment and care as well.

The game only froze once on me yesterday, and I played for three hours afterwards with no problems and two hours last night with no problems.

My problem is an isolated incident (so far) that I chalk up to heat, so please don't think that I'm trying to incite a riot or anything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now, the PS3 firmware issue that is stickied on the main page...THAT might be something to be aware of. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That's great to hear. Glad you are happy. I was simply posting stuff for the people who DON'T know common sense things like avoid using it a heated room. Well at least it's common sense to me. I've played it for several hours without a freeze as well.

MachitoMan
11-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by acydxrayn:
That's great to hear. Glad you are happy. I was simply posting stuff for the people who DON'T know common sense things like avoid using it a heated room. Well at least it's common sense to me. I've played it for several hours without a freeze as well.

Yeah, as I for one don't qualify as one of those people. My room has an A/C Console with 32,000 BTUs I think. I can't remember the exact number, but I assure you, a small room, with that many BTU's - it can get colder than the Soth Pole. That's for sure.

My console has always been vertical. Never had problems with it either. If you have your xbox in the horizontal position - it actually realeases heat - or it actually gets warm on the under side of the console in addition to releasing heat on the back side. That's bad.

I also have my 360 isolated, with plenty of space in the back for it to breathe, and and a stylish ion fan blowing cool air all over the room that also picks up dusts and filters the air.

Don't use intercoolers. It actually does kill your xbox in the long run. It steals power from the system, and the xbox needs sufficient power. It also voids the warranty I think. I wouldn't know because my xbox is still rockin' like a king since I first bought it.

Amazingly I was able to play Assassin's Creed for like almost an hour before it froze again during an [slight spoiler] informer mission where I had to collect flags[/spoiler] . Then I played for another hour and I didn't experience a freeze because I turned off the system since I was tired and had to wake up early.

I know Ubisoft has posted a sticky concerning the PS3 freezes, but it's happening on both systems. And many people on both systems aren't experiencing freezes at all. It would be nice to know if Ubisoft was "aware" of the matter on the Xbox 360 as well and did a little investigation or something.

BTOG46
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
"It would be nice to know if Ubisoft was "aware" of the matter on the Xbox 360 as well."
Seeing as Ubi employees are on this forum every day, I fail to see how they couldn't be aware of it.

MachitoMan
11-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
"It would be nice to know if Ubisoft was "aware" of the matter on the Xbox 360 as well."
Seeing as Ubi employees are on this forum every day, I fail to see how they couldn't be aware of it.

Hello, did it occurr to you that I meant an official word or sticky? Thanks.

Edit: Like I've said, I tried contacting Ubisoft Tech Help for their games, but the guy wasn't very helpful at all. Just told me to call Microsoft over and over while I was giving him very detailed circumstances. So he blew me off an he changed the status to "resolved" on his own. What kind of help was that?

Hotspur1983
11-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I find it laughable that people are saying if your 360 crashes playing Assassins Creed its going to die!! All the rest of my games play without any problems and there also seems to be a deluge of people complaining about Assassins Creed crashing as well! Surely its the software not the hardware in light of this!!

lukenichols
11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
maybe the game is just to mint for 360 and ps3s to handle

jimbokelly
11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
crysis FTW

lukenichols
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM
jimbokelly owns 347 computer games

call of duty 1,2,3,4 and 5 even though its not out

he has a clan

jimbokelly
11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
lukenichols plays call of duty 2 every day he pays £250 a year for a clan

lukenichols
11-16-2007, 01:40 PM
we meet up every tuesday and thursday on live for online battles with our buddys its quite amazing actually

jimbokelly
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
no we dont :| http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

lukenichols
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
james go read the strong language last comment lmao

jimbokelly
11-16-2007, 01:43 PM
dont talk 2 me ever again

lukenichols
11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Ignored post by jimbokelly posted Fri November 16 2007 12:43 Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic powered by eve community
trust me look man

jimbokelly
11-16-2007, 01:46 PM
its not funny
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

senseimilla
11-16-2007, 03:00 PM
i play mine verticle for ,onths the only issue i had was 1 game which i left running for 9 hours by mistake which froze

I put mine horizontally cuz EBGames guy told me it fixes issues... worked for me, try it! Sometimes the vertical position makes the disc not spin properly? GL!

Sentite
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Considering this game is freezing up on the PS3 just as bad its not your 360 dying.

Thanatos-death-
11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
well, i've had my 360 since it came out and it has never failed me yet, and it runs AC fine, i havent has a single glitch so i dunno what all this is about

grIMreaPR
11-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Ya on my ps3 i put in the disk start it up for the first time get in the game freezes then turn off system restart then get on game and it works fine??

Malocchio21
11-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Mine has frozen as well on the PS3, only twice so far, both in Damascus...once in a random spot and once during the loading screen after talking to the guy at the Assassins Hideout before 1st assassination.

MachitoMan
11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
I quit. I give up. It keeps freezing.

I tried putting my xbox on its horizontal position and it didn't work. Vertical/horizontal doesn't make a difference. I'm trying to do the 4th assasssination but I can't complete it. It has frozen at the begining or towards the end, even in the middle. I'm already bored to death watching the cutscenes.

I'm going to stop playing the game before my xbox acutally does go defective from all the restarts.

It has to be the game itself. A bug or something. Nothing else - games, videos, demos, arcade, music, xbox guide, windows messenger, private chat, video chat, windows media center.. none of it all.. freeze my system up.

Just Assassin's Creed. I told Ubi tech support but they just give me steps and tips on cleaning my "CD" and tell me to ship my Xbox to Microsoft. No way.

Fojos
11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
It didn't freeze for me a single time through the whole game on 360. :S

MachitoMan
11-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Fojos:
It didn't freeze for me a single time through the whole game on 360. :S

Yeah which is why I don't get it. I've changed copies of the game. It still freezes. This is really frustrating :\ sigh

Warrior-Within2
11-16-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure how accurate this is but I believe that if you run the game on 720P it will run at optimal performance with no frame rate problems or freezing. It says somewhere in the manual that 720P is the optimal setting. Mine hasn't frozen yet but for those people who are having problems, try changing you resolution.

MachitoMan
11-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
I'm not sure how accurate this is but I believe that if you run the game on 720P it will run at optimal performance with no frame rate problems or freezing. It says somewhere in the manual that 720P is the optimal setting. Mine hasn't frozen yet but for those people who are having problems, try changing you resolution.

I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the input, it's worth a try. Actually I'll go check the manual now and give my results tomorrow. I'm just going to take a break from the game and sleep.

Warrior-Within2
11-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Well I just tried it, and it runs much worse on 720P for me on my TV. I will let it stay at 1080i for now.

MoFetti
11-17-2007, 02:18 AM
CLEAR YOUR CACHE THEN TRY IT AGAIN

Wildeyedjokr
11-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Had the same problem with CoD4, but it appeared to only be my gamertag..maby a corrupt file or something because i switched to a friends account on my 360 and it never froze.

GuStick93
11-17-2007, 02:22 AM
this is really weird,alot of ppl are getting the freezing and glicthes,but a lot of ppl are not.Did ubi even test the game before releasing ?

dirtybird21
11-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Malocchio21:
Mine has frozen as well on the PS3, only twice so far, both in Damascus...once in a random spot and once during the loading screen after talking to the guy at the Assassins Hideout before 1st assassination.

Hmmm, Mine froze twice and they both were also in damascus.... And at completely different times...

CroxyJ
11-17-2007, 02:43 AM
My copy , on the ps3, has frozen once as i went to climb a viewpoint in Jerusalem

MachitoMan
11-17-2007, 04:29 AM
Switching from 1080i to 720p makes no difference at all in terms of stability.

I tried doing the 4th assassition just now, again, after my xbox has been off for hours and definately cool/cold from the room temperature.

It still froze. I've cleared my cache before. Doesn't work either. I just deleted about 2 gigs of data off my xbox to see if that makes a difference.

crestfallen_0
11-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Frozen twice, once in Kingdom and once in the misty area between memories.

The console is less than a month old and isn't running hot.

Ale-Camargo
11-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Yes! The game may freeze in Xbox 360 too and no, it doesn't necessarily means the 360 is dying! Please, don't make important topics like this a console war topic. I like both systems, though I bought it for my 360, wich is working fine and I'm having exactly the same problem as PS3 users (the freezing problem, because the frame rate is ok for me).

My problem is extremely regular, different than most people, my game freezes in only 1 exact point, in the loading screen of the road to Damascus, I can move freely Altair in that loading screen, although it doesn't load, I'm always kept in that loading screen forever! Until that part, the game runs smooth and perfect, without any kind of bug or even a frame rate drop...

And an even more curious fact, when I put my HD in a friend's Xbox 360 (who got the game and has passed that part mine stuck) his 360 couldn't load that same road (using my HD and my Save)! And now, to make things even more bizarre....I used his HD in my 360, it loaded fine inside Damascus, I could do lots of things without any bug, but when I was getting close to the entrance gates of Damascus, the game froze, but I could still move the camera and press the action buttons!

Edit: oh yeah I forgot to mention I tryed to use my friend's disk, but I got the same problem, the endless loading screen to the road to Damascus map. Also, my game worked fine in my friend's 360 using his own HD/save file. All I can conclude from this, is that the problem is in my System (both HD/savefile and console), maybe a live update that is incompatible with my system + this game....

jas1137
11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
this is about the 360. I made a video of AC and it shows the game freezing 3 times. Admin please watch it and hopefully it will help you out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qAtwEpnFU

newone757
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
ive never had a freeze OR hiccup. the game plays flawless over here. but i have two cooling solution onm,y 360 so im willing to bet its a problem with your system

GTCarney
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
can anyone offer any suggestions to my problem. the game loads, the intro video plays then it comes up "press the start button" and when i press the start button the game freezes and i can't get past this point.

my xbox 360 has been running a little strange lately. for example, fifa 08 is prone to crashing, graw 2 freezes when i try and select multiplayer, pg3 does the same as ac and does not get past the first screen. also loading profiles, and the dashboard has been very slow all of a sudden.

can anyone suggest a solution that doesn't involve sending my xbox away? i have cleared the hard drive cache to no success.

Alex3483378
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I just bought a 360 and assasins creed and into the first 2 hours of playing the game froze while in play.after that everytime i put it it gets past the intro and in the main menu 90% of the time it freezes.the other 10% is when it lets me continue the game and after 5-10 minutes of playing it freezes.im saying OMG!!!i thought it was the xbox so i searched online and found this.im so dissapointed since this is such a great game.does any1 have any suggestions?

megapixel3d
11-19-2007, 05:38 PM
So far the game has only froze on my 360 elite just once. Happened in Acre, the church where you kill the priest. I hope this does not happen again. A patch to fix the locking up and screen tearing, and framerate if possible would be sweet.

MachitoMan
11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
I got back into playing Assassin's Creed and managed to get to the 9th assassintion.

I am really stuck now. I can't advance because of the freezes. Slight spoiler below.

I need to reach Ausauf to find the real target and assassinate him. Problem is, I tend to freeze once I get there and kill a bunch of guards. When I freeze, I start all the way back in Jerusalem in the Assassin's Bureau. Since there is no auto-save feature in between Jerusalem and Ausaf, I am pretty much done for and can't advance unless I get super lucky and don't freeze sooner that I would expect.

willisblair00
11-20-2007, 01:01 AM
AC was freezing on me all the time, I disconnected the network cable (so the 360 cannot connect to live), the game now runs fine!!!!